Sign in to follow this  
WestAir

Sensitive controls

Adjusting sensitivity does not do the trick. There is only exponential curve or linear adjustment, but no real sensitivity. In addititon i found that only 50% of the travel range of the joystick axis are being used. In sim it is at 100% while the physical range on joystick is only at 50%. i have a Logitech Extreme3DPro.

I have the same problem. I am using a Microsoft Force Feedback 2. It's extremely hard to play with the Joystick, since it's too sensitive. Any solution to this problem? 

21 hours ago, Slides said:

Oh, I know. I have a VKB Gladiator K which MSFS doesn't know what to do with by default but it's one of the best sticks out there.

I also have the Gladiator and am having huge problems with it. Was great in il2 and xplane. When I pull up it just points up really fast and I stall, I end up flying along like in a roller coaster. Nightmare. I'm thinking of changing stick if I can't get help on sorting this. 😔

49 minutes ago, Eaglewing said:

I also have the Gladiator and am having huge problems with it. Was great in il2 and xplane. When I pull up it just points up really fast and I stall, I end up flying along like in a roller coaster. Nightmare. I'm thinking of changing stick if I can't get help on sorting this. 😔

Is that in all sims? Mine is fine in MSFS now

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

On 8/18/2020 at 4:41 AM, WestAir said:

I set the sensitivity to -70% on all the control axis, and deadzone to 10%. It's made it at least possible to get off the ground now, but it's still very squirrely.

I set my roll/pitch axes to -75% and the rudder axis to -85%.   Much better.

Matthew S

On the official controller, it feels like GTA. So I think that's intentional.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 hours ago, Eaglewing said:

I looked at the pitch on outside view, it is moving a little bit then jumping to full up or full down. Strangely my games controller is smooth throughout the axis. I don't get it. I have tried setting many sensitivity and dead zone settings. Normally when calibrating pitch and roll on other dims it's a slider motion. I can only find u axis up or down. 

1 hour ago, Slides said:

No. My Gladiator has worked without problem in both il2 and xplane. 

23 minutes ago, Eaglewing said:

You must have button inputs mapped to the axis

32 minutes ago, Slides said:

You must have button inputs mapped to the axis

2 hours ago, Slides said:

I have tried everything. No other buttons mapped. I found this setting, (slew axis pitch and roll) what is yours for pitch and roll? This looked to be working but when went to plane, instead of full on full off I now get nothing. 

😔

12 minutes ago, Eaglewing said:

I know. But that's an MSFS oddity where it's very easy to map inputs meant for buttons to the axis. Please make sure that's not the case here.

On 8/18/2020 at 4:25 PM, Eaglewing said:

I solved the problem. Basically, in the control setup, do NOT use the AXIS + and AXIS - , but rather use AXIS only (to confirm that you are doing it right, you should see the option "Reverse Axis", but don't click on it). For more help see this video (minute 8:24): 

11 minutes ago, GuilhermePRO said:

So I changed the command setting

Which settings are those? Not totally clear from the screenshot