Sign in to follow this  
atlflyer

Installed on different drive that MSFT Store? Possible Fix!

I found a possible solution to install issues on the official forums... in this thread:

You have to designate where the MS Store downloads apps too. If you put the installer on a drive other than the default drive that MS Store downloads contents to, you might (quite possibly will) get install issues. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/unable-to-install-on-drive-other-than-c/124605/3

Edited by atlflyer

i moved my install to D:\ drive through the Windows Apps Settings
it recreates the programs dir and winapps w/e, can only choose drive afaik
it may also be possible to direct the download once the game starts idk
i havent gotten the dl yet in my region

5 minutes ago, EzRyder said:

i moved my install to D:\ drive through the Windows Apps Settings
it recreates the programs dir and winapps w/e, can only choose drive afaik
it may also be possible to direct the download once the game starts idk
i havent gotten the dl yet in my region

I read a few posts on the official forums that said that the install issues were due to the Store app being on a different drive than the installer. Not sure if that is confirmed or not. 

I preloaded the launcher on a different drive than my operating system. Just like I did the Alpha/beta

• Like 1

Semper Fi 

3 minutes ago, joec63 said:

I preloaded the launcher on a different drive than my operating system. Just like I did the Alpha/beta

Maybe it's just all speculation! Not sure though. I figured what the heck.

1 hour ago, atlflyer said:

I read a few posts on the official forums that said that the install issues were due to the Store app being on a different drive than the installer. Not sure if that is confirmed or not. 

ok well the way i did it the launcher is already on D:\ drive so hopefully i wont have trouble, still a few hours to go before i can try the download

I seen several posts about this but... "Here", it asked if I wanted to install it in another place and I could choose where then... (Disk K...). And it was same for the alpha/beta.

(Not the steam version, the MS store version/ Game pass)

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

1 hour ago, atlflyer said:

You have to designate where the MS Store downloads apps too. If you put the installer on a drive other than the default drive that MS Store downloads contents to, you might (quite possibly will) get install issues. 

So in other words, I can set my MS Store to download apps to E:\MSFS and it will install to the right place?

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 hours ago, Mace said:

So in other words, I can set my MS Store to download apps to E:\MSFS and it will install to the right place?

Not entirely sure but it seems that way based on what I saw in the official website 

Sorry.  I’m confused.  I thought we had thread pinned here about how to install MSFS onto a different drive (besides C) but it appears to have been removed.

So technically speaking, it’s not possible to install MSFS to another location besides C drive?

I would like it installed on my D drive which is a 1TB SSD.  Not possible?

Edited by Dreamflight767

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 hours ago, Mace said:

Yes, mine is going to D:\MSFS

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

10 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Sorry.  I’m confused.  I thought we had thread pinned here about how to install MSFS onto a different drive (besides C) but it appears to have been removed.

So technically speaking, it’s not possible to install MSFS to another location besides C drive?

I would like it installed on my D drive which is a 1TB SSD.  Not possible?

It would seem, based on what @SierraHotel says above, that you can set the MS STore app to go to a different location, and then the sim will install there.

Perhaps someone who has actually installed it from the MS Store can join in here and clarify.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

5 hours ago, Mace said:

It would seem, based on what @SierraHotel says above, that you can set the MS STore app to go to a different location, and then the sim will install there.

Perhaps someone who has actually installed it from the MS Store can join in here and clarify.

Thank you.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

See my post here about where MSFS installs the core files then the big 91GB package:

You cannot change the location of the small core install files after selecting it at the start but you can definiately choose where you want to put the huge 91GB+ game files - can even move them after installation if you wish !