Sign in to follow this  
thedon

No Controllers recognised

3 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Gosh Rick, I'd dearly love to know. I'm totally grounded until I can get the CH yoke and pedals working.

Umm, ditto.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

You can't just pick a function and assign it to the key without writing the axis action.

I'll see if I can get the screenies loaded for the benefit of all of us.

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

4 hours ago, PCFlightSQL said:

there is no #4 or #3 button to show in the menu, even though thats what the image shows as the assigned number buttons. 

On my Thrustmaster HOTAS joystick Button 3 doesn't show up in the graphic , but it does work if you assign it. The only reason that I figured it out is that is only button number missing from the graphic. This app is like a puzzle.

Okay, I figured out how to set the yoke up. Because it's not supported and nothing is assigned, the darn "Filter" on the left panel isn't too useful.

In fact the only thing there that does work is to click on the "Search by Input" box and see what the Button # or Axis name is... then 'clear that entry' and after you have checked all of the buttons and axis and written down the numbers, then you can move to the right side and begin the labor intensive task of manually setting your assignments!

The "list of events" will NOT show up on the right side until you have cleared the "Search by Input" box!!!

Don't forget to F11 (Save) often so you don't loose your hard work!

For some reason I have yet to discover, my Pro pedals aren't being "read". Maybe I have to unplug/plug them in before it will read them.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

13 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

You can't just pick a function and assign it to the key without writing the axis action.

I'll see if I can get the screenies loaded for the benefit of all of us.

I'm betting that a config file is saved *somewhere* and likely could be shared. There is absolutely no reason everyone should have to start from scratch.

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

Hard to read but here is one guys approach.

2020-08-18

2020-08-18 (2)

• Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

So click on that "filter" to show "all" not just "assigned." Then you have ready access to all inputs indexed by category. To assign an input select it, click in the search by input box, click the button you want it assigned to, and validate.

• Like 1

Here you go, Bill.

I'm having trouble getting the rudder setting to copy. but it's much the same as FSX.

Left Brake - Joystick L - Axis X+

Right Brake-Joystick L-AxisY+

Axis Rudder Set   Joystick L - AxisZ+

Edited by 188AHC

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Thanks Rick. Now I see why my L/R brakes aren't working. I used the 

Joystick L - Axis X and Y instead of the X+ and Y+... off to fix now. I've managed to get most of the Essentials mapped now and saved.

I keep having AI traffic spawning into my ramp space! 😎

Fr. Bill    

This vid on you tube got me sorted...

If your not into links just search for MSFS2020 control setup by squirrel

• Like 2

RE Thomason Jr.

3 hours ago, neucoas said:

SOLVED FOR STEAM EDITION

- Go to your library and locate MSFS

- Right click, properties, and go to the first tab

- Under Steam Input Per-Game Setting (Requires restart of game), select FORCED OFF

- Restart computer and give it a try. Finally my T16000M shows up

Neucoas's instructions should go into the hints and tips as this is a top tip and all the default mappings are working a treat.  The Saitek is all working including the pedals and throttle  (apart from the switch  panel but who cares right now).

There are several different issues running around in this thread. Some - namely controllers not getting recognized at all by the sim are harder to solve. I can say we didn't see a lot of those in testing so I wonder if it's related to a Steam install?

One has already been addressed. For all "linear" inputs you have to use the MSFS Axis commands, not the "simple" commands. This applies to all control surfaces, trims, engine controls, etc. If you turn the Control filter to "All" and do a search for Axis you'll see these commands. If you try to just use the "binary" commands, your control inputs will be all on or off.

If your controller is "recognized" by the sim but there are not control assignments, or if you don't like the default assignments, then you need to go into the Control bindings and assign them. I had to do this for my CH Flight Sim Yoke. Once you do it once it saves and you don't have to do it again. For those looking for a starting place I posted a thread over on the MSFS forum.

Finally there has been a lot of concern that the Cockpit Views don't smooth pan with the hat switch. Again if you look at the Bindings for the hat (POV) in Control, you can change it from Cockpit Camera Quickview to Cockpit Camera Look.

Hope this helps! Rick 

• Start the game without the x52 attached
  • Attach the x52 while in the 'Welcome' menu (not in the 'Options' menu, that crashed my game)
  • A pop up appears that the x52 is detected, accept it.
  • This creates a (filled) profile for the x52 controls.
  • Click on 'preset manager' and make a duplicate of the profile and save it.

Now when you next start the game with the x52 attached the default x52 profile will be blank again, but you can switch to the profile you created by making a duplicate (use the arrows underneath 'x52 professional hotas' in the controls menu.)

I thought I had cracked it when I found the slew axis. The slider showed the x y axis movement. Saved it and went back to plane no movement at all.  I'M starting to think I'm stupid. Slew roll and slew pitch axis yes? 

🤔