Sign in to follow this  
thedon

No Controllers recognised

Let me just add that I've spent hours trying to program the VKB Gladiator MKII stick with modest success. It's uncanny that Microsoft would release a Sim with the worst user interface I've ever seen. 

The Sim itself is stunning but cmon..... who wants to fly with a mouse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

This vid on you tube got me sorted...

Thanks. I actually put that video in the "Tips and Tricks" forum day before yesterday. Unfortunately he does not show how to get the Events to map to non-supported hardware. There's a little trick to that but once discovered I'll not forget how again! 😅

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I had a problem with FSFS recognizing the CH Throttle Quadrant. It showed up in Windows and worked OK in FSX and XP-11. It even worked for over 200 flight hours in Alpha/Beta. After initial FSMS install and system reboot, it did not show up in Controls in order to map control responses. I don't know what changed, but it did show up several hours later.  I'll see if it still is recognized when I start up the system again tomorrow.

I also experienced CTDs when hot plugging devices trying to troubleshoot.

1 hour ago, thedon said:

Neucoas's instructions should go into the hints and tips as this is a top tip and all the default mappings are working a treat. 

Done! We are starting to get a nice collection of T&T now.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

This vid on you tube got me sorted...

If your not into links just search for MSFS2020 control setup by squirrel

First thing I did this morning was look for Squirrel on Youtube. He sure makes it look easy.

I am still having trouble getting the yolk controls to work. I've used Alilerons Axis, and Elevator Axis but its working very choppy, if at all in the game during flight. I don't have a rudder and the option to auto control the rudder while on ground is on, but still I have to control the rudder, not like FSX where the Ailerons would control the steering of the plane while on the ground.

Any tips?

3 hours ago, rms59 said:

Let me just add that I've spent hours trying to program the VKB Gladiator MKII stick with modest success. It's uncanny that Microsoft would release a Sim with the worst user interface I've ever seen. 

The Sim itself is stunning but cmon..... who wants to fly with a mouse.

Currently using the same stick without issue.

It certainly could be more intuitive but it's not terribly difficult once you get the hang of it and the filter options.

RE Thomason Jr.

4 hours ago, Blaze said:

Currently using the same stick without issue.

It certainly could be more intuitive but it's not terribly difficult once you get the hang of it and the filter options.

Could you tell me how to program the gladiator for pitch and roll please? I have tried x/y which is only either full on or off and also tried slew roll or pitch which looked like it was going to work as when chosen gave me the slider bars which moved as expected. But when I went back to plane no movement. 

Using a

-Virpil WarBRD with Warthog Stick (which is a quite exotic combination)

-Warthog Throttle

-Saitek Throttle Quadrant

-Saitek Trim Wheel

-MFG Crosswind Pedals

from the first minute without any isse.

I choose the Device in the Top List, i choose the Funktion i want to set, i click on the Looking Glass, i move the Device, its recognized, its done.

Then set the sensibility to -50 or -60 % and then go for a flight.

Works perfect!

Even TrackIR - no additional steps necessary. Worked from the first start.

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

31 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Using a

-Warthog Throttle

-Saitek Throttle Quadrant

-Saitek Trim Wheel

-MFG Crosswind Pedals

from the first minute without any isse.

I choose the Device in the Top List, i choose the Funktion i want to set, i click on the Looking Glass, i move the Device, its recognized, its done.

Then set the sensibility to -50 or -60 % and then go for a flight.

Works perfect!

Even TrackIR - no additional steps necessary. Worked from the first start.

Same for me on my game pad and rudder pedals, unfortunately some controllers are not being set up with any default settings such as my Gladiator joystick. Everything has to be done from scratch. Mapping buttons is OK but my pitch and roll ain't working properly. Thrustmaster seems to be supported well and all works without issue. Could be a new stick for me today! 

2 hours ago, Paladin2005 said:

Using a

-Warthog Throttle

-MFG Crosswind Pedals

I'm having this combo but i do have an issue, everything is recognized except my 2nd throttle axis (JoyStick R - Axis Z). It shows up in the selectable list of possible inputs but It is not recognized by the game as such (no response) in a normal setup nor it's not recognized in a combined setup (Target script running) but it works in Target device analyzer and in every other sim currently installed (DCS, X-Plane11, FSX etc...). So something is messed up.

For TrackIR i had to update the gamelist, after that it worked but i already lost the gameconnection (blue light) while in game twice (TrackIR 4). Nothing will bring it back to life, only option is quit to desktop and rerunning the sim.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

I am thinking of buying a new stick/throttle combo and my budget is tight. Was thinking of the Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas 4 Joystick. My gladiator is normally a great stick but not with Msfs. I am hoping as thrustmaster is supported my msfs thst it will be recognised and the basic default settings such as pitch and roll will automatically be working. Anyone else using this stick? Is it recognised? 

Anuone want to buy a Gladiator? 😁

18 hours ago, thedon said:

I think this is a different issue.  I assume your device actually shows up in the games controllers menu but it has limited functionality.  My issue is i cant see my controllers at all, just the keyboard and mouse.

My control symbol CH-fligth yoke was GONE in the controll menu this morning! This is so frustrating! Any ideas how to "reinstall" the CH-yoke? All I see now is keyborad and mouse symbol. 

I have CH Products Yoke, Rudder Pedals and Throttle Quadrant. I had them plugged in and I checked that they were working fine in Windows before starting the download. Once MSFS was installed, all three were recognised as unknown controllers with no assignments. Going into the controller setup menu, I got all three working perfectly in 15 minutes, all axis and buttons assigned and test flown. Easy and straight forward enough to do. The only problem I am having is with the POV on the yoke but that seems to be a commonly reported issue for now. The POV is recognised in the sim as you can assign functions to up/down/left/right but it does not work as a POV, which is a major issue. I do hope Asobo does address this in a future update as although this is an older controller, it is a commonly used one in the sim world. Not like there are 100's of flight sim yokes to choose from out there. Trying to pan around using the mouse while at the same time holding the yoke is clunky. I will be watching keenly for anyone that figures the POV out. Other than that my CH Products devices work 100%. 

As a work around, I plan to reinstall my Track IR5 later today. 

Edited by ghutcheon
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Also having issues with a Thrustmaster T-flight Hotas X Throttle

In game, my Thrustmaster isn't recognized either, so I had to assign buttons manually. The problem is that Joystick Z-axis functions the same for the joystick as well as for the throttle. In other words, MSFS doesn't recognize the throttle as a slider, as it supposed to. So now I had to assign both Rudders and increase/decrease Throttle to my desktop throttle...

Appart from this, the two buttons on the back of Thrustmaster Throttle (the ones meant for the Rudders in FSX) aren't even recognized by MSFS.