Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

Understood, thanks! Just friendly advise: may be it make sense to include MR step as mandatory or recommended to Manual? If it would be clear for me from the beginning it would save few days of experiments and frustrations 🙂 🙂 🙂
I did MR procedure finally and everything works perfect, thanks for the great soft, Dave

P.S. While I'm already here and already talking to Author - have 2 small instant questions, may you pls probably appoint me where to better to ask them? 

- Trying to export Flight Plan to use in MSFS2020 I getting very basic version of it - no SID, STAR, no departure and arrival parking positions. May be there is way to have it exactly transferred 1:1 from P2A -> MSFS?

- Regarding chatters: when using MSFS ATC chatters we here there are related to current air situation - including flights around us, attitude etc. X-Chatter and other seems to be (if I got it right) just a set of prerecorded files, which doing some background but not really training us to read current situation around. But may be it exist the way to listen to real traffic related chatters?

Sorry if asking questions in wrong thread - please appoint to the right place or will be really thankfull for answering here

Best regards

Igor

You should start new threads for new questions after you search for the answer and can't find it.  But since you asked it here, I'll answer it here.

There is a checkbox you need to check to export procedures on the Export window.  P2A does not include parking positions in flight plans, so that will not be exported.  When you import to MSFS, you can set the gate or parking position in MSFS.

You are correct that ATC Chatter consists recordings of real-world radio traffic to improve the emersion of the SIM.  P2A does not control or talk with AI Traffic.  It is on the long-range wish list of future enhancements.

Dave

• Like 1

Dear Dave,

Continuing question with flight plan export from P2A and import to MSFS2020 (looks relevant to the topic name 🙂 )

Exporting plan with SID, STAR and APR and having checked option to export procedures in MSFS they appearing in MSFS as standalone waypoints, not as procedures, so in case of need to replace the procedure it takes time and effort. Option "export waypoints for procedures"is off

Didn't succeed to insert screenshots will try more...

Also one more problem found: when reimporting exported flightplan back to P2A usually part of it missing: eaither one of procedures or p[art of intermediary waypoints being lost.

Please advice, and thank you in advance!

Igor

Hello, I am currently using the trial version and am having issues with Sids and Stars matching simbrief.  If I purchase the Key, what Airac will be provided??  Thanks on advance.  

You would have to purchase the AIRAC data from Navigraph or NavDataPro.

If you already have a subscription to their data, you can update now.  They both support Pilot2ATC.

Dave

I'm currently on the trial running with MSFS and Windows 11. Was running just fine until I tried the Say It + button. Which opened a separate window. I closed this window and now I don't get any audio. The ATC words show up in the dialog box but no speech. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting. I've closed the application. I've restarted the computer, no audio. I changed the speech output device setting to about every option available. I've changed windows sound settings to everything I can try but I can't get the speech to work. Only thing I haven't tried is uninstall and reinstall. I'm I missing something here?

First, with P2A running, check the Windows Volume Mixer to be sure P2A volume is all the way up.  

• Right-click the speaker icon in the task bar
  • Select Volume Mixer
  • Find the P2A icon and move the slider all the way up

If that was already all the way up, in P2A move the volume control all the way up:

• Click the Stby Freq in the bottom left of the P2A main window to open the Comms Window
  • Press the Volume-Up button 8-10 times to get the volume all the way up
  • Also, be sure the Mute button is not on

Finally, on the Voices tab of Config, check that all the voices have their volumes set to 100%.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the relay. I checked all of your instructions and was not able to get the audio to work. I was able to find the root cause of the problem. I use a GoXLR Mini to control my PC audio. The only way I can get audio to work out of P2A is to set the audio output device to headset from within P2A. It will not work set as Primary Audio Device or any of the other audio output devices from the GoXLR Mini. Which is strange because any and all of my other applications / games work just fine going through the GoXLR. If I set Windows System audio output to the GoXLR system output and set P2A's audio out to Primary Audio output, you would think it would work but it does not. Anyway, long story short; P2A has a conflict with either GoXLR in general or it just doesn't play nice with external audio interfaces.