Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

No ATC voice

Hi,

Anyone having issues with ATC not having sound? All I am getting is text in the ATC window. No ATIS either. All sound sliders are on max by the way.

Edited by sho69607

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

I found that changing the (excuse the imprecise wording) voice source from Azure to Windows--in the settings, fixed this issue.

• Like 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

When you first install, there's a prompt to make sure you have the right voice pack installed in windows. That's what MSFS uses.

If changing the above setting doesn't work, make sure your Windows has the English voice pack installed.

Edited by bonchie

Sho69607. You need to select Windows Offline. Not just Offline. If this is your only choice, then you don't have the correct voice pack installed. You need the En-US (see below). Be prepared for a gender change though - You might end up sounding like a big girl.

Some ATC was intermittant with missing voices, or Transmissions were not heard or just a small burst of static was received. This was due to the Azure Servers being "overwhelmed". Some (temp) fixes online told the user to use Windows Offline for ATC. However, I only had the choice of Azure or Off (no Windows Offline) The reason for this was because I had to download the English (United States) Language Pack:

Start  > Settings > Time & Language > Language > Add a Language - You need to add En-US

Make the following adjustment to help fix ATC (for now 20 Aug 20):

Start MF20 > Options > General > Sound > Text to Speech to Windows Offline  (default is Azure).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tinribs said:

Sho69607. You need to select Windows Offline. Not just Offline. If this is your only choice, then you don't have the correct voice pack installed. You need the En-US (see below). Be prepared for a gender change though - You might end up sounding like a big girl.

Some ATC was intermittant with missing voices, or Transmissions were not heard or just a small burst of static was received. This was due to the Azure Servers being "overwhelmed". Some (temp) fixes online told the user to use Windows Offline for ATC. However, I only had the choice of Azure or Off (no Windows Offline) The reason for this was because I had to download the English (United States) Language Pack:

Start  > Settings > Time & Language > Language > Add a Language - You need to add En-US

Make the following adjustment to help fix ATC (for now 20 Aug 20):

Start MF20 > Options > General > Sound > Text to Speech to Windows Offline  (default is Azure).

Just tried switching to windows offline because I am assuming the servers are still down. Unfortunately Azure isn't working either. Note that voices were working fine when the sim was released, but after the next update they quit working. Also I have Windows EN-US installed by default.

https://prnt.sc/u3v9ta

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

3 hours ago, sho69607 said:

Just tried switching to windows offline because I am assuming the servers are still down. Unfortunately Azure isn't working either. Note that voices were working fine when the sim was released, but after the next update they quit working. Also I have Windows EN-US installed by default.

https://prnt.sc/u3v9ta

The English (US) voice pack needs to be at the top of your list of installed languages for it to be picked up by the sim.  It's easy to rearrange the order.  I had that issue until I realised that. 

20 hours ago, badger2000 said:

The English (US) voice pack needs to be at the top of your list of installed languages for it to be picked up by the sim.  It's easy to rearrange the order.  I had that issue until I realised that. 

The only voicepack I have installed is English (US). All I am hearing is static on the radio (the sound you would hear if you were switching between stations on a radio) but no voices.

~Spencer Hoefer

3 hours ago, sho69607 said:

The only voicepack I have installed is English (US). All I am hearing is static on the radio (the sound you would hear if you were switching between stations on a radio) but no voices.

Are you running the program as Administrator? 

10 hours ago, badger2000 said:

Are you running the program as Administrator? 

I don't see an option to run FS2020 as admin. Is it because this is already a Microsoft product?

~Spencer Hoefer

10 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

No, right click the icon and select 'Run as Administrator'

When I do that I don't see the option to run as admin with this program. The screenshots below show what I see when I right click on the icon.

https://prnt.sc/u4m6ma

https://prnt.sc/u4m65a

~Spencer Hoefer

Options. General, Sound, Communications Selection, Default.

Sorted. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

Options. General, Sound, Communications Selection, Default.

Sorted. 

Figured it out. ATC voices got turned off somehow.

Edited by sho69607

~Spencer Hoefer