Sign in to follow this  
FlyingInACessna

Asobo, we NEED a way to MODIFY existing airports

5 hours ago, wim123 said:

in due time it will be fixed, or we get tools to fix it ourselves.

no need to make any drama about it.

Nobody's making drama.  The entire point of these forums existing is to discuss issues with sims and ways to improve the experience.  And who knows how long "in due time" is considering it's listed absolutely nowhere in their developer roadmap?  The only way this will get to the top of their list is if people make a big fuss about.  It's much more important than a replay function or them improving the Icon A5

• Like 2

Mark Javornik

8 hours ago, markjj said:

It effectively renders online flying largely unusable without a proper way to identify taxiways.  Not sure why you don't see that

Well strictly speaking, it renders online taxying slightly different from reality, it doesn't affect flying at all, might affect landing slightly if you are Harrison Ford maybe.

You could still use the inaccurate taxiway names anyway, which might irritate the purists but it would still work. After all, one person pretending to be a crew of several people operating an airliner isn't realistic either, and nor is having one controller cover a massive region all on his or her own, but nobody is saying that makes online flying impossible are they?

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Well strictly speaking, it renders online taxying slightly different from reality, it doesn't affect flying at all, might affect landing slightly if you are Harrison Ford maybe.

You could still use the inaccurate taxiway names anyway, which might irritate the purists but it would still work. After all, one person pretending to be a crew of several people operating an airliner isn't realistic either, and nor is having one controller cover a massive region all on his or her own, but nobody is saying that makes online flying impossible are they?

Good point - bloody well made mate

The Harrison Ford reference is hilarious

2 hours ago, markjj said:

Nobody's making drama.  The entire point of these forums existing is to discuss issues with sims and ways to improve the experience.  And who knows how long "in due time" is considering it's listed absolutely nowhere in their developer roadmap?  The only way this will get to the top of their list is if people make a big fuss about.  It's much more important than a replay function or them improving the Icon A5

for you and the vatsimmers its important, i get that, but thats only a very tiny part of the population.

for me and a lot of others its a non-issue.

anyway, it is what it is, and i doubt this will be rectified soon, so better deal with it, or stay on the old sims.

13 hours ago, markjj said:

Totally incorrect taxiways are a big deal, particularly if you fly on VATSIM.  This isn't just a few missing trees or a simple bug.  It effectively renders online flying largely unusable without a proper way to identify taxiways.  Not sure why you don't see that

Of course it needs to be fixed, hence my remark: "Most of them will be solved in time."
My remarks were about the whining, as if the world, as we know it, ended yesterday.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

14 hours ago, Egbert Drenth said:

It is outrageous! How could they?!?
I also noticed some trees were missing!

Geez man, take a chill pill.
Each and every piece of software has bugs/faults. Most of them will be solved in time. Deal with it.

Pity there is not a “unlike” button for this post. Pure poison.

• Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I'm trying to imagine buying Microsoft Word and having no Print option, or buying Adobe Photoshop and the selector tool is missing.

Then I'm trying to imagine defending the company after people have paid $120+. What kind of weird obsession is this to let Asobo off the hook for this beta quality piece of software they charged full price for?

It so weird to see people defending Asobo and Microsoft so blindly... people should really expect better.

Edited by langly
  • Like 1