Sign in to follow this  
phil_k

Autopilot in CJ4 and Longitude

Hey guys,

I've got lot experience in XPlane with many different aircraft's (FF A320, Zibo, B 767, TBM...) but I'm not able to fly the CJ4 or the Longitude using FCH or VNAV AP-Mode... I can just control them with VS-Mode... Is there a trick not to end up flying directly to heaven with over 10.000 ft/min or in ground?! Maybe all these things are still a little buggy?

Greetings

Phil_k

7 hours ago, phil_k said:

Hey guys,

I've got lot experience in XPlane with many different aircraft's (FF A320, Zibo, B 767, TBM...) but I'm not able to fly the CJ4 or the Longitude using FCH or VNAV AP-Mode... I can just control them with VS-Mode... Is there a trick not to end up flying directly to heaven with over 10.000 ft/min or in ground?! Maybe all these things are still a little buggy?

Greetings

Phil_k

I'd love to know the answer to this as well

I flew 3 of Carenado's biz jets in P3D - 525 - 560 - FA 50 and never had this sort of problem - despite Carenado's reputation for control problems

and I  have looked forwards for weeks to fly the CJ4 and the Longtitude  although I haven't got the latter -Yet

yesterday - using the CJ 4 for the fist time - I think I left the Earths atmosphere in around 4 mins before I could get some control 😲

and the following  performance would have brought great cheers at an airshow - and a jealous pitts special .😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phil_k said:

Hey guys,

Greetings

Phil_k

Not tried VNAV, but managed the FLC mode in Longitude without issue, obviously used it to go up, VS to go down. 

That said, still needs a lot of work, just hope it's not all left for 3rd party devs to bring out new models.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Hi guys , 

I've been flying for the last 2 days the Cessna Longitude (CJ4) and i was able to fly with VNAV and LNAV. Flightplan loaded before start flight, not on FMC yet.

Full tanks for a 02:10H flight to check fuel consuption. 

Distance 934 nmi ,

Altitude 38000 FT.

Speed 250 IAS. 

Everything goes fine till i have a suprise after 782 nmi. My FUEL TANKS ARE EMPTY.

I think this airplane should do around 3500 nmi. I did 4 attempts and same results.

Any sugestions ? 

Thanks.

2 hours ago, andre1977 said:

I've been flying for the last 2 days the Cessna Longitude (CJ4) and i was able to fly with VNAV and LNAV. Flightplan loaded before start flight, not on FMC yet.

Well make sure you are flying the right airplane. The Citation Longitude is not the same as the Citation CJ4. The CJ4 is standard business jet and represents the Cessna Citation model C525C. The Citation Longitude is a "premium" airplane and is a updated version of the Sovereign as the Cessna Citation model C700.  

The Longitude as Asobo built is is at best utter garbage. There is so many things just wrong with this airplane and paying for the premium edition to get this is a rip off. The flight dynamics are wrong, stall speeds are off, cruise speeds at FL400 is way off, the G5000 is basically the TBM's G3000 without any of the features needed for the C700. 

I am sorry but this looks like something Abacus would have spit out for a money grab and not a premium aircraft that we paid extra for. 

I am not expecting PMDG quality here, but even for default this sets a whole new low. The fact Asobo has not immediately acknowledges this is disturbing. They owe us a public apology for releasing an aircraft that was nowhere near ready for prime time. They have a group of paid pilot testers, how did those guys miss all of these issues?

• Like 1

Finding specific performance numbers for the CJ4 is easy.  Go search and download the FPG (Flight Planning Guide). 25 pages of useful information.  It will take one or more pilots that are really interested in the CJ4 (I'm not one of them) to make multiple flights and record the numbers based on altitudes, times, temperature, Fuel Flows, etc. and compare them to what is expected in the book numbers.  We can then keep requesting Asobo to tweak the model, or maybe by then we will have experienced users that will find a way to tweak the model for better conformance.

The CE-700 Longitude is a different ball game.  Almost nothing free on the www to download.  Several flight tests/reviews with tidbits of numbers if you read between the lines. But, not FPG for this one, no BCA Fred George 12 page comprehensive review with performance charts, etc., not much of anything other than a brief sales brochure.

I did find, just last night, some key performance expectations that came from the FPG that will get us in the ball park for what we should be capable of achieving.  Unfortunately, every single number is copyrighted with very strong language about sharing with others.

9 minutes ago, KenG said:

Well make sure you are flying the right airplane. The Citation Longitude is not the same as the Citation CJ4. The CJ4 is standard business jet and represents the Cessna Citation model C525C. The Citation Longitude is a "premium" airplane and is a updated version of the Sovereign as the Cessna Citation model C700.  

The Longitude as Asobo built is is at best utter garbage. There is so many things just wrong with this airplane and paying for the premium edition to get this is a rip off. The flight dynamics are wrong, stall speeds are off, cruise speeds at FL400 is way off, the G5000 is basically the TBM's G3000 without any of the features needed for the C700. 

I am sorry but this looks like something Abacus would have spit out for a money grab and not a premium aircraft that we paid extra for. 

I am not expecting PMDG quality here, but even for default this sets a whole new low. The fact Asobo has not immediately acknowledges this is disturbing. They owe us a public apology for releasing an aircraft that was nowhere near ready for prime time. They have a group of paid pilot testers, how did those guys miss all of these issues?

I mostly agree with everything KenG just posted, other than it looks like a CE-700 Longitude and it does have an Autothrottle.  I am willing to work around the "Abacus" design for awhile, but, I do expect some serious upgrades for the additional money we spent to get this one.

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

3 hours ago, andre1977 said:

Hi guys , 

Full tanks for a 02:10H flight to check fuel consuption. 

Distance 934 nmi ,

Altitude 38000 FT.

Speed 250 IAS. 

Everything goes fine till i have a suprise after 782 nmi. My FUEL TANKS ARE EMPTY.

I think this airplane should do around 3500 nmi. I did 4 attempts and same results.

Any sugestions ? 

Thanks.

Here is some of what you are asking.

CE-700t.jpg

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

16 hours ago, phil_k said:

Hey guys,

Greetings

Phil_k

I have that issue with the DA 42. Think there is a Garmin 1000 bug because the behaviour you describe just comes out of the blue.

On 8/23/2020 at 10:08 AM, KenG said:

I'm not impressed with the encrypted configs.  Models, textures, sounds, sure, but a text file that would allow us to change/correct the "behaviour" of the model, is not cool.

On 8/22/2020 at 11:23 PM, jaytee73 said:

I'd love to know the answer to this as well

I flew 3 of Carenado's biz jets in P3D - 525 - 560 - FA 50 and never had this sort of problem - despite Carenado's reputation for control problems

and I  have looked forwards for weeks to fly the CJ4 and the Longtitude  although I haven't got the latter -Yet

yesterday - using the CJ 4 for the fist time - I think I left the Earths atmosphere in around 4 mins before I could get some control 😲

and the following  performance would have brought great cheers at an airshow - and a jealous pitts special .😂

When Carenado release CJ4 for MSFS2020 then it will be fair to compare!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI