Picking one up today and just wanted to know it was fully compatible? Without using any third-party software

I’m thinking of buying the honeycomb but appears the throttle quadrant isn’t out yet.  Currently using a saitek yoke and throttle quadrant.  The saitek throttle plugs into the yoke via PS2 style connection.  I’m assuming if I buy the honeycomb yoke the saitek throttle won’t connect the same way.  What options are available to continue using the saitek throttle?  Possibly a USB adapter so the throttle connects direct to my PC?

Thomas Derbyshire

Yes, it works very well. However, there is a bug where, when using a Honeycomb, your heading bug and course settings jump in increments of 10. Makes it hard to use autopilot. Hopefully they’ll get that sorted. 

Eddie
KABQ

2 hours ago, atlflyer said:

Picking one up today and just wanted to know it was fully compatible? Without using any third-party software

Where are you getting it from? I plan on getting this as well along with their throttle quadrant when it becomes available.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

I’m thinking of buying the honeycomb but appears the throttle quadrant isn’t out yet.  Currently using a saitek yoke and throttle quadrant.  The saitek throttle plugs into the yoke via PS2 style connection.  I’m assuming if I buy the honeycomb yoke the saitek throttle won’t connect the same way.  What options are available to continue using the saitek throttle?  Possibly a USB adapter so the throttle connects direct to my PC?

A thought about this myself.
What I did was plugging both in, so I could use the throttle etc.
Removed all assignments in the old yoke, but leave it plugged in.
It works, but you will need space nearby to place it.

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

Just FYI, The Honeycomb isn’t the only controller that is affected by the heading/OBS/trim control bug. 

Chris

1 hour ago, snglecoil said:

Just FYI, The Honeycomb isn’t the only controller that is affected by the heading/OBS/trim control bug. 

phew, I was hoping that it was a bug.

BTW a big heads up on the mistake I did, all the buttons work so starting the lessons I had the Key turned off so when you start the lessons I only had one Mag and wondering why there was no power 🙂

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Where are you getting it from? I plan on getting this as well along with their throttle quadrant when it becomes available.

Micro center 🙂

2 hours ago, snglecoil said:

So if I have my obs and heading mapping to keyboard inputs, is this still an issue id I use the keyboard for those?

1 minute ago, atlflyer said:

So if I have my obs and heading mapping to keyboard inputs, is this still an issue id I use the keyboard for those?

I literally just did this and it's crazy - press Shift+Ctrl+Home

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Just now, FPStewy said:

So if I map the course and heading bugs to keyboard it still doesn't work?

it does but it's it skips in increments and if you keep it press it's a flywheel.

At this point just use the mouse but keep it press and it will do single increments

4 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I'm away from home right now so I can't test. Don't want to fly with the honeycomb if I can't adjust accurately with keyboard. Please let me know if keyboard mapping will move in the proper increments