Sign in to follow this  
bean_sprout

We knew This

11 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

A computer upgrade is required to run FS2020?  Article has the 8 settings that affect performance most with explanations.

https://www.tomshardware.com/features/microsoft-flight-simulator-benchmarks-performance-system-requirements

bs

You definately need some beefy hardware to run it at Ultra but I'm runnning it on medium on a £700 laptop with an acceptable frame rate. 🙂

My Specs:

Lenovo Ideapad 330
Intel Core i7-8750H @ 2.21GHz
20GB of ram (most the laptop wil take)
Nvidia GTX 1050 (4GB)

Get's pretty hot after a couple hour flight up the US West Coast. About to purchase a laptop cooling mat to try and help that.

🙂

Edited by Matt Barraud

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

6 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

When MSFS hit`s 1/2 million on line a day on steam it will be competing with the top games the best get 3/4 million + .

Yes, free games such as Counter Strike and DOTA. Pointless even trying to compare.

2 hours ago, DPSimulation said:

Yes, free games such as Counter Strike and DOTA. Pointless even trying to compare.

Al time rankings are different and for purchased games not on steam COD MW over 30 million sales and the next HALO could top that.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

YES!  I'll take the that rig inside the wooden crate please...

BTW, the watch the guy literally tear open the Origin crate.  Inside, the PC chassis glass is etched on both sides with MSFS2020...

Kinda wish that was an option to buy even on their site in some form but looks like it needs to be custom ordrered.  Still fantastic looking case at least.  The hardware of course is top notch.

13 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Al time rankings are different and for purchased games not on steam COD MW over 30 million sales and the next HALO could top that.  

So we've gone from trying to compare completely unrelated free titles that top the Steam usage charts daily to comparing AAA titles that are even more unrelated. I'm not even sure of your point, flight simulation is a niche genre, it's never going to achieve those types of figures.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, DJJose said:

More like "we knew" that we would need future hardware that is currently not available to run FS2020 at ultra settings even with a 1080P monitor.

Wrong - my "current gen" high end hardware runs ultra in 4K just beautifully.

• Like 1