Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Store version is DX12?

6 minutes ago, espent said:

Quote from that URL:

Ha Ha! Stealth edit!

The author fixed it, mentioned in the their forums:

"If you refresh, I actually just fixed this error. I mistakenly assumed the MS Store required DX12, but it certainly doesn't in this case."

Edited by dukeav

53 minutes ago, Heli said:

To push their own VR, instead of having people use SteamVR. 

They've already stated both versions are identical but people will believe what they want.

Semper Fi 

1 hour ago, dukeav said:

You do realize that this forum is on the Internet?

What?!?! Why didn’t somebody tell me sooner! 🤨

• Like 1

Chris

May I give you another theory that maybe that someone is actually testing the Sim in DX 12🙂

In 3 months time - the new X Box Series X will be released (Nov).

I know I'm 85 next month but my memory is still quite good and I remember in the middle of last year around

June - that during the huge X Box show - the sim was demonstrated using the same setup that was used for the initial

announcement by the media. It was said at the time  that this new sim was to be written with the new x box in mind.

Since then the X Box world have been completely informed - officially - with the full spec - which includes the DX12 in its DNA - (Ray tracing etc.)

the box is powerful enough for Full 4K at 120 and 8k at 60hz - so will definitely run the sim as we see it on PC at Ultra.

The sim on PC is full of bugs - no question - not major - but annoying - especially in the supplied aircraft in the sophisticated end

Microsoft  /Asobo ( a gamer company)  are no doubt using the 3/4 months since PC launch to "Freshen" up the sim in readiness for the X Box launch

or definitely before Xmas. 

Microsoft will surely not allow a buggy - out of the Box - piece of software to the Gamer market that they hope to attract with a much larger  user market

Sooh - my conjecture based on above is that someone is refreshing the sim - and incorporating DX 12 - and since I am an X Box devotee - I have the X Box oneX

and already enjoy 4K HDR10 in my F! racing sim - no stutters - and only have a Games pass and a medium PC - Nov/Dec can't come quick enough for this old bloke👴

Edited by jaytee73

Going to TomsHardware for game and  performance reviews is like going to The Verge to learn how to build a gaming PC.

Don't do either of them.

• Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The author corrected the article....(his response on the comment section of the article)

If you refresh, I actually just fixed this error. I mistakenly assumed the MS Store required DX12, but it certainly doesn't in this case. Whether DX12 will substantially improve performance or not is a different matter. I've seen many DX12 games perform worse than in DX11 mode. What we need is a DX12 version of MSFS to test with. I'm not sure if that's in the works or not.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

1 hour ago, jaytee73 said:

Sooh - my conjecture based on above is that someone is refreshing the sim - and incorporating DX 12 - and since I am an X Box devotee - I have the X Box oneX

Asobo has already indicated that DX12 would be coming in the future. Very likely part of the Xbox edition launch, as you hypothesize.