Sign in to follow this  
styckx

If live weather isn't working for you try this

I've since I installed the sim went into options/data and disabled multiplayer and for the most part live weather worked. It was always depicted in one form or another...

Today though I wanted to see what multiplayer was like flying into Hurricane Laura.  So I went into options/data/ and enabled multiplayer..

Set my departure for the eye of the hurricane and made sure live weather was clearly on (you have no choice in multiplayer)..  Well that's not right.. Despite the fact on the world map the weather was clearly depicted.. Restarted the sim and the same exact thing...

olfwmfn.png

So I went back into options/data and disabled multiplayer again. (restart required to work)

Set my departure from nearly the same exact place in the eye of Hurricane Laura (made sure live weather is active) and there we go.. Weather is back again...   So I advise anyone to go into options/data and turn off multiplayer and restart the sim if you're having live weather issues. 

ha9V8KK.png

Edited by styckx
  • Like 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

23 minutes ago, styckx said:

I've since I installed the sim went into options/data and disabled multiplayer and for the most part live weather worked. It was always depicted in one form or another...

Today though I wanted to see what multiplayer was like flying into Hurricane Laura.  So I went into options/data/ and enabled multiplayer..

Set my departure for the eye of the hurricane and made sure live weather was clearly on (you have no choice in multiplayer)..  Well that's not right.. Despite the fact on the world map the weather was clearly depicted.. Restarted the sim and the same exact thing...

olfwmfn.png

So I went back into options/data and disabled multiplayer again. (restart required to work)

Set my departure from nearly the same exact place in the eye of Hurricane Laura (made sure live weather is active) and there we go.. Weather is back again...   So I advise anyone to go into options/data and turn off multiplayer and restart the sim if you're having live weather issues. 

ha9V8KK.png

Thanks I'll try that

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just now, Jetman67 said:

Thanks I'll try that

Did you have wind also

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

87 Gig update tomorrow.  Perhaps sailing on the leeward winds...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

13 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Don't think so.

Quote from Community Manager in the MSFS forums, Today

Our Development update on the 27th will include details on the upcoming patch. The 27th is not the release of the patch. Thanks!

Edited by RamonB

45 minutes ago, fppilot said:

No, there is NOT an 87 GB update tomorrow. Horribly false information that keeps being perpetrated like this.

(1) The fact that it says 87 GB in content manager is just showing that the core sim files are 87 GB large in their current state. It says “restart to update” as a bug that has apparently existed since the beta. There is no update available.

(2) Asobo VERY CLEARLY said that tomorrow the RELEASE DATE for the update is coming, not the update itself.

Edited by FlyingInACessna
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I just flew into Lake Charles, La. in the C-172. ATIS said winds 22@38 or something close. Chose runway 15, and no wind at all, windsock limp.

ATIS seemed to match real world conditions but not the weather in the sim.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

Right up to the eye I encountered 3 kts winds, light rain, and zero turbulence, lightning or icing. This is great news for people in affected areas since we know Flight Shitmulator emphasis is in realism. What a joke! Bring on Active Sky/Real weather, MS failed miserably.

Give them at least once patch to see if this gets fixed. Pretty disappointing though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, desbean said:

I just flew into Lake Charles, La. in the C-172. ATIS said winds 22@38 or something close. Chose runway 15, and no wind at all, windsock limp.

Except the ATIS also always says visibility 3, which is not right. 

Im giving them 10 patches or however many patches it takes. I dont want to have to buy an addon to fix a failure in the core sim..  maybe its  just me, especially  since I have way more patience than money.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

For all I can dig so far it has been said that there’s a lag in time of info from the weather data provider . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

20 hours ago, rtodepart said:

For all I can dig so far it has been said that there’s a lag in time of info from the weather data provider . 

Weird thing is how the precipitation is ahead of the real thing. I noticed that with TS Marcos, hurricane Laura, and other radar or satellite related convection. One day I placed my group in an airport 20-40 min west/ahead of a storm. It was already 1-2 hours into the future (east)!

44 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

Weird thing is how the precipitation is ahead of the real thing. I noticed that with TS Marcos, hurricane Laura, and other radar or satellite related convection. One day I placed my group in an airport 20-40 min west/ahead of a storm. It was already 1-2 hours into the future (east)!

I just hope it gets fixed,looks like when is finally working properly it’s gonna be a really nice depiction of real weather 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

On 8/26/2020 at 9:01 PM, desbean said:

Happened to me yesterday, just like that.  And I have multiplayer set to off.  So should I set multiplayer on, close MSFS, restart, turn multiplayer off, restart, then see what happens?  Is there any consensus on this?

On 8/27/2020 at 7:48 PM, shadow133 said:

I have routinely had AS16 put weather ahead (FSX SE) by 30 - 60 minutes, based on live radar per Fltplan Go app.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I don't think multiplayer has anything to do with the issue. Live weather always works for me for the first flight, but not for subsequent flights. Restarting the app restores live weather, but again, only for the first flight. It seems that ASOBO has acknowledged this bug, and may have a fix in the upcoming patch they announced yesterday.