Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

The danger in all this

It seems to me that there really are a LOT of people complaining about FSx - I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but I have read a small number of people who are running FSx with beta copies of Vista and they seem happier. Could this problem have to do with running it with WindowsXP. MS have said that the programme really needs Vista - but now that it has been released for XP (maybe a big mistake?) and so many people are taking a real set against it, this might bring the whole MS franchise down.Barry

>I have read a small number of people who are>running FSx with beta copies of Vista and they seem happier.9 times out of 10, a user with a beta copy of Vista and the knowledge to run Vista properly WILL enjoy FSX because they understand the limitations of the simulator and the added value of fine tuning it. In fact, most Vista users have indicated a slightly lower FPS count (-2 to -5) as compared to XP... but they also indicate a "smoother" performance. I think it has much more to do with their expectations and outlook rather than actual performance!-Greg

Guest Len

MS have said that the programme really needs Vista Not really when they state that your existing system will run 10 to 15% slower on Vista. For the life of me I don't know how FSX would/could run faster.

Of course they said that.Because they want you to buy Vista also. Not that is has anything to do with the performance.Arghh... those marketing departments...

I am done trusting anyone at this stage except little johnny at home who knows what he can see and feel..1)Beta testers and staff from aces said the FSX demo code was optimized and the final release would be much better...wrong!2)We are always told the hardware hasnt caught up with FS whatever version...wrong..its the software that has not caught up. 3)Steve Balmer said about tabbed browsing in firefox "who needs tabbed browsing its not that good" IE now has some basic tab browsing...MS wrong againAnd the list goes onReports say Vista will run games slower than XP...who is telling the truth? Also not all versions will have DX10 so guess what?I am or was a big MS fan. Actually made some good money from their stock..but recently I am turned off by the way they are doing things and expecting people to shell out $$. I look on my PC today and see that I only have three MS products that I use...The OS, Outlook express(I could easily move to thunderbird, as its quite good) and Flight Sim. Bill

The franchise will be taken down when it stops making money. Same with any product/service in this world. Simple as that.Unfortunately, the same rule applies for Reality TV.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

>It seems to me that there really are a LOT of people>complaining about FSx - I don't know if it is my imagination>or not, but I have read a small number of people who are>running FSx with beta copies of Vista and they seem happier.>Could this problem have to do with running it with WindowsXP.>>>MS have said that the programme really needs Vista - but now>that it has been released for XP (maybe a big mistake?) and so>many people are taking a real set against it, this might bring>the whole MS franchise down.>>BarryAnd just how much better does fsx run on Vista?I doubt very much. Plus Vista is another $400.

>It seems to me that there really are a LOT of people>complaining about FSx -Just remember, unhappy people tend to yell louder than satisfied people...that's true in anything. It's a good thing. That's where the statement, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" came from.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2.5 ghz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (94.47), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Calb

Well Barry, this type of complaining has occured with EVERY release of FS.Look at the helicopter. When it was introduced in FS98, it didn't have the so-called "realism" slider to dumb it down -- it handled almost exactly like the real thing. Because it doesn't fly as easily as the Cessna 172, it was decried as being unflyable and therefore, unrealistic. It was bashed mercilessly all through FS98, FS2000 and FS2002, even though we had the "realism" slider beginning with FS2000.I have to admit that, at some point I was concerned they might drop the helicopter because of all the negative remarks, but, it's still with us -- and they even added one for FS2004.So, if this is a fair anology, I think FS will be around at least until it ceases to be a profitable product for MS.CalCYXX