Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

New patch, same marketplace problem

Even after the new patch I can still not buy anything through the Marketplace. When I click on 'Buy and Download', straight away I get a 'Payment Failure' notification. It doesn't even attempt to make the payment.

I've tried asking on here before and through Zendesk but no one seems to know what the problem is, despite other users also reporting the same problem.

The marketplace community is a huge part of MSFS and not being able to access or use it is a major problem.

Please help! There must be a solution to this (I've already tried running through the Xbox app).

From desperate Ben!

For some people you need to log-in into your Microsoft account ( I used the Microsoft  Store app and then clicked payment options which leads you to your MS account log-in) in a separate browser window, leave it open or minimized, and then start MSFS2020 and go into the in-game marketplace to purchase, try this using the free airport available in the store, it acts like a purchase but zero cost

5 hours ago, VFRflier said:

For some people you need to log-in into your Microsoft account ( I used the Microsoft  Store app and then clicked payment options which leads you to your MS account log-in) in a separate browser window, leave it open or minimized, and then start MSFS2020 and go into the in-game marketplace to purchase, try this using the free airport available in the store, it acts like a purchase but zero cost

I've tried this and the free product downloads fine. The moment I try and properly buy something...failed!

Microsoft do not seem to be doing anything to address this and Zendesk's response is..."check the forums". Thanks for the "support".

MSFS is clearly a faulty product as without the Marketplace, it clearly doesn't work.

I genuinely can't believe that neither Microsoft, Asobo or even Avsim members can't help with this.

Without the use of the Marketplace the sim is useless and I have no where else to turn for help.

Please, there must be something people can suggest to get this working

The 2 cures posted in the forums for two different issues when buying from marketplace:

1) run the game not as Administrator.

2) turn on Steam overlay if you have the steam version, steam client, steam, settings, In Game....

2) was my problem and cure. Others have said 1) worked for them.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:12 PM, benwbriscoe said:

I've tried this and the free product downloads fine. The moment I try and properly buy something...failed!

Microsoft do not seem to be doing anything to address this and Zendesk's response is..."check the forums". Thanks for the "support".

MSFS is clearly a faulty product as without the Marketplace, it clearly doesn't work.

its not at all a faulty product, for the vast majority of users there is np.

this is something at your end.

19 minutes ago, wim123 said:

its not at all a faulty product, for the vast majority of users there is np.

this is something at your end.

It cant be a problem on his end that the insim market doesnt work... I hope it get fixed for you soon. Seems @Fielder gave some good advice. Did you try what he suggested?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Is the region setting on your PC the same as where your credit card is domiciled that is attached to your Microsoft account?

CJ

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

It cant be a problem on his end that the insim market doesnt work... I hope it get fixed for you soon. Seems @Fielder gave some good advice. Did you try what he suggested?

Why can't it be a problem on his end? It could be the credit card linked to his Microsoft account has expired that would stop the purchase!!

Edited by CJ1045

15 hours ago, Fielder said:

The 2 cures posted in the forums for two different issues when buying from marketplace:

1) run the game not as Administrator.

2) turn on Steam overlay if you have the steam version, steam client, steam, settings, In Game....

2) was my problem and cure. Others have said 1) worked for them.

Thanks for the advice. How do I not run it as admin? I'm not running through Steam.

There are no problems with my cards...in fact I've tried two different ones. I've also tried:

1. Running through Xbox app

2. Being logged into Microsoft Store with the webpage open and running in background.
3. Adding and removing payment methods.
4. My PC's region is set to UK, as are my cards, registered address etc.

I really feel I'm going to miss out on so much content as this just doesn't work (and Zendesk are not providing any support).

2 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

Thanks for the advice. How do I not run it as admin? I'm not running through Steam.

There are no problems with my cards...in fact I've tried two different ones. I've also tried:

1. Running through Xbox app

2. Being logged into Microsoft Store with the webpage open and running in background.
3. Adding and removing payment methods.
4. My PC's region is set to UK, as are my cards, registered address etc.

I really feel I'm going to miss out on so much content as this just doesn't work (and Zendesk are not providing any support).

I have also tried about everything that everyone has mentioned and still cant purchase anything on the marketplace. It worries me that more addons are going to be coming out and exclusive to the marketplace only. Which is quite a problem if I cant get this sorted out. 

Elpidio Sánchez-Marcos

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So just a thought and the answer is probably no but is anyone with this issue also using a VPN for their connection?  That could throw off the region and cause it to not even process properly.  When I get home tonight I am going to try some in game purchases and see what happens just to test it.

So made a purchase today.  It looks like it is tied to my Microsoft Account and asked me for my PC PIN so one thing you may want to check is see if your computer account is linked to a microsoft account under the windows Settings->Accounts.

I have done everything that everyone has suggested and everything is set up correctly my end. However, Microsoft and Asobo are seemingly incompetent in getting this bug fixed. In fact their only support solution is "try the forums...!". That's not support and it's insulting considering the amount of money this product costs.