Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Re-living the first ever 727 (Eastern) pax flight...

Brings back many memories from the early days.  We also used to run them from DCA to LGA and DCA to BOS with the USAiways Shuttle.  Slamming her down in LGA was always something to look forward to when landing on the 7001 & 7003' runways

• Upvote 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks, Simeon...!!

That's the difference between "actual" and "imaginary", you folks had other things in mind, after touchdown, than just snapping screenshots...🙂.....(kudos to you, "real" Pilots)......

I digress a bit, DC/Maryland Area and Airports, I know well, but, Boston, I'd travelled to only once, by Road, and, the thing that I recall clearly were those "traffic rotaries"...🙂....not easy to get off those and go "where you want to go..."...and, this was a veteran of Chicago Traffic...🙂...In this context, I always remember that (roundabout scene) of the European Vacation movie of Chevy Chase...that was Central London, I think....(hopefully, things have changed in both cities...after all these years, maybe....)

• Like 2

Great shots P, and interesting post. I still have FSX/SE on my machine, and plan to go back and get it set up properly again at some point. I'm pretty much engrossed in MSFS at the moment, just love the scenery and drone cam, but XP with TE still works for me too. P3D is another matter. In spite of the quality of a lot of the addons the intrusion of the "wrong" tiles all over the place and the cut off buildings etc spoils it for me. But FSX is sort of interesting now because I don't expect scenery realism from it (not in the MSFS or Orbx TE sense, anyway) and I can just go back in and enjoy it for what it is. I've got all sorts of older aircraft and scenery addons that never did port over to P3D properly so I will go back and recreate that world to use them.

And pictures like this inpire me to do so (but probably not for a while yet!)

Hey, I even bought a copy of FS2004 on eBay recently!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

17 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Great shots P, and interesting post. I still have FSX/SE on my machine, and plan to go back and get it set up properly again at some point. I'm pretty much engrossed in MSFS at the moment, just love the scenery and drone cam, but XP with TE still works for me too. P3D is another matter. In spite of the quality of a lot of the addons the intrusion of the "wrong" tiles all over the place and the cut off buildings etc spoils it for me. But FSX is sort of interesting now because I don't expect scenery realism from it (not in the MSFS or Orbx TE sense, anyway) and I can just go back in and enjoy it for what it is. I've got all sorts of older aircraft and scenery addons that never did port over to P3D properly so I will go back and recreate that world to use them.

And pictures like this inpire me to do so (but probably not for a while yet!)

Hey, I even bought a copy of FS2004 on eBay recently!

Nice thoughts and comments, Andy, thank you...!!

My ~20 years of SIM, has taught me a couple of maxims:

1. No one SIM can ideally do it all for anyone, at a given time, if ever...
  2. Keeping (max) two (serious) Flight Sims side-by-side is just about the limit...(I recall folks here who were handling 3...🙂...)...

So, I see, you too love aspects from old and new, that are not available from one source (yet)...so, enjoy your active interest in the next-gen SIM (btw, I see possibilities for myself, exploring the world, in the new SIM, from your pictures,...to me pictures, seen here, are, what tell me the most...), and occasionally, in whichever SIM, that works for you, you can dip into e.g. some (beloved) aircraft or such, like here, I've shown, that we'll likely not see (natively) in the new SIM, for a long time....(so, my game-plan is the same...I will surely get the new SIM, once things are stable a bit, w/ or w/o any new aircraft...it looks too good to resist...)...

And, glad I made you rekindle your affection for anything (classic), I cannot live without an occasional dose of them...🙂.....

Do what you can do with your own time...(big believer of "to-each-his-own"...here....)...Most of all, have fun, which I think, you're having, already...!! Thanks again...!

Hello,

I appreciated this topic, because I was born on 1963 and most important because I'm in love with the 727!

In P3D v4 I fly TDS and Tom Ruth's models.

Unfortunately there is a bug in TR's VC with the compass.

It is fixed on North.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks for the topic and the fix!

• Like 1

Hi Cirodi and Todd: Appreciated the comments...!

[And, Cirodi, thanks for digging up up this old post...🙂...at least it's not 6 months (or a year) old...(Glad to know of your interest in the 727, many here too...). I noticed you've posted your Thomas Ruth 727 VC Compass issue in the FSX/SE Forum here. Hope, someone will get back to you. I don't have that SIM, but, could you, maybe, identify the compass gauge in [VcockpitXY] section and replace it with another (equivalent) compass gauge...?]