Sign in to follow this  
Manny

how to get rid of POI markers. Here you go

I was wondering how to get rid of the big Blue markers and I found it. 🙂

See this screenshot...within Assistance you can it to Hard (for experienced simmers) and then you can customize it 

https://ibb.co/MZDkY4t

In case you didn't know.  It may help I thought

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

12 minutes ago, Manny said:

In case you didn't know.  It may help I thought

I wonder if a manual may have helped some people find this.

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

36 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I wonder if a manual may have helped some people find this.

Tony

Yes, I'm sure it would.  It would have also helped the person who was here asking how to pop out the glass cockpit displays into another window.  And people who have noticed the logbook not recording flights in developer mode with the recent patch.  And also how to use the various G<systems> in MSFS, which features they support, and which features they do not support.  And people wondering what each of the various graphics settings does. 

9 minutes ago, Shug said:

Yes, after spending $120 on a piece of software people should have to go buy a third party manual from another company because Asobo couldn't be bothered to have a technical writer or two on staff to maintain a manual.

Learning to use LittleNavMap - a freeware tool - and it has an excellent manual that breaks down every feature of the program by section....

• Like 5

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

People didn't know this?

It would appear so. There is so much that still remains a mystery to me

1. Replays.  I have since found out that the ability to do a replay does not exist. Here are a few queries though, that remain outstanding for me. This is just a start.

2. External camera pan speed.  How can I permanently adjust the speed of the camera to pan slower? I know it can be done via the task bar but it has to be adjusted with every flight as far as I know.

3. I have mapped right alt + r to get pop ups  ... that does not work for me.

4. Has anyone tried to find "progressive taxi"  I know it exists as I have seen it in videos as blue arrows, but I cannot find it anywhere nor do I know what they may have renamed it as.

5. How can I pre set "live Weather" permanently? I have to select it each and every flight.

6. I still do not know how to get reverse thrust without messing up the throttle mapping, ie my throttle/s go up and down like a whores drawers on payday (sorry) without any input from me.

My point is that a manual might just solve a few of these questions.  None of this is intuitive for me but I really have no choice other than to get help from people who have been able to nut it out.

There is obviously a need for a manual because at least two devs have produced one.  I also question the need to buy an unknown content in the manual. and further question the need to PURCHASE a manual for such a complicated (and completely different) programme such as this, in the first place.

I equate it to having to buy a manual as an optional extra when buying a new car. That might sound a bit extreme but this programme is so very technically different to the sims before it. A good manual, IMO, would have negated an incredible amount of negative comments and relieved a lot of frustrations for the consumers.

So, yes. There is a lot that remains unanswered for many people. It is the one big negative for me. I understand the need for patience with the devs to address the problems. I understand and sympathise with the people who are unhappy with the default aircraft, but such a simple thing as a missing manual is fundamentally wrong.

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

4. Has anyone tried to find "progressive taxi"  I know it exists as I have seen it in videos as blue arrows, but I cannot find it anywhere nor do I know what they may have renamed it as.

The answer to your question is in the first post. 

first thing i do in any program is having a look through all the options available.

Ricardo41,

Thank you very much for that. However, even knowing that, I had to sort it out from the assistance menu.  Just a further thing though, is it possible to toggle that on or off. as I only need it at unfamiliar airports (strange eh?) It is somewhat difficult, as a lot of airports in Australia do not have taxi way signage so being given a taxiway route is not very helpful, unless, of course, you are familiar with that specific airport.

Thanks for the hint though 

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Yes under Hard you can expand each item then turn off any you don`t want to use. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg