Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

4 minutes ago, kapitan said:

If MS would have launched the sim as 

"planes still in development" buy only if you are comfortable with that clause, i believe everyone moaning here would still have purchased it

Maybe next version MS will do just that

Might have bought the standard version. Definitely would not have done what I actually did which is shell out 120 for the premium deluxe version. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Just now, flyinion said:

Might have bought the standard version. Definitely would not have done what I actually did which is shell out 120 for the premium deluxe version. 

bought the standard back in July, one of the earliest pre-orders, I got the deluxe as bonus once downloaded.

I understood from the start that it would need many patches, a learning curve and complexity would come with time. 

I also understand that with so many different planes and complex garmin systems simulated (no default planes of any sim ever had this) beta testers are not enough or would take years. The fastest way to improve is thru user feedback 

3 hours ago, Scimiter said:

I have had the same avionics problem, it started after patch 2, I thought it was  bug with the Carenado Ovation because it started after I purchased that aircraft, but it happens with all the aircraft I fly. I also deleted the Ovation to try a fresh install but it will not let me download it again the sim says the Ovation is installed! Very frustrating. I am about to try GURANTSU.s fix to see if that stops the avionics bug.

Turning on the generic models for AI and Multiplayer aircraft seems to have cured the Avionics from disconnecting, which would account for some people not experiencing the problem.

I had to uninstall the Ovation manually as the sim had not done so, but it was not showing in the aircraft list, then re install it, so I have solved that problem.

Edited by Scimiter

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

5 hours ago, Scimiter said:

Turning on the generic models for AI and Multiplayer aircraft seems to have cured the Avionics from disconnecting, which would account for some people not experiencing the problem.

I had to uninstall the Ovation manually as the sim had not done so, but it was not showing in the aircraft list, then re install it, so I have solved that problem.

Good that you worked through your issues. I hope others see this and not just stubbornly scroll through to rant an bash. Now with this fix for you. Would you be kind enough to maybe report your findings in detail to Zendesk. They not only like to get bug reports but also like to know how you fixed it. Then they could focus on the issue to try to resolve it for others.Also add to their known issues log. In the end it will be them implementing the fix to the options they have to the users.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:24 AM, flyinion said:

A guess would be nexts week’s patch, but all we know for sure there is we’re getting an improved Japan.

According to the feedback snapshot update 3 appears to be linked with the japan content update, so there should be a raft of fixes coming soon. I don't know if update 3 will be delivered on the 29th or shortly after but my guess is that it will be.

UPDATE: Just thinking this through for a second. The Japan update includes blackshark.ai building set (not the POI's). If I know how this all hangs together I would say the blackshark.ai models are stored locally on disk so they can be used without streaming. If that's the case then to get the full Japanese experience you'll probably need the patch as well, so that should arrive on the 29th with the Japan update.

FS-9.24-1.jpg

Edited by dtrjones
  • Upvote 1