Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The avionics failure bug is the end of the line for me

I appreciate those guys immensely taking the time to debug it. I didn't load up the sim for 3 days until I read the solution at the official forums. It's nice to be able to fly trouble free again.. It's just a shame the QA team missed this literal game breaking bug.. If they have one in house.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

58 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

It definitely appears that the problems with avionics suddenly shutting down, switches and systems activating by themselves, autopilots going “crazy” etc. has something to do with unwanted interactions between the user’s own aircraft and either AI aircraft, or other users’ aircraft in a multiplayer environment. The latter appears to be the biggest factor.

I have logged about 20 hours so far since patch 2 came out with absolutely no avionics issues at all - certainly no shutdowns. That is probably because I do not use AI (I have zero interest in having traffic of any kind in the sim). For the same reason, I do not use multiplayer, and I have my ground traffic slider set to zero, as I don’t like dealing with the constant problem of generated airport vehicles sitting in the middle of taxiways and ramps getting in the way.

From what I have read, keeping ground traffic set to zero, and using only generic AI models seems to avoid the unwanted interaction with other player’s aircraft for those who do enjoy using multiplayer.

Like you, I have "all" AI turned off...and I still experience the avionic / AP issues others have cited.

1 hour ago, FlyBaby said:

Like you, I have "all" AI turned off...and I still experience the avionic / AP issues others have cited.

I read a post on the official forum where someone found that settings didn't seem to be saving correctly for them and a few tries of resetting and applying defaults then carefully re-applying settings in a specific order of categories supposedly fixed it.  Eh don't know, that's too random.  I've had the issue with some aircraft and I haven't had the AI models on anything but generic since before the patch, so unless the settings saving thing was there pre-patch2 then that's not the cause in my case either.  It also seems to be aircraft specific as I've seen it in the A320, and longitude, but have had zero issues in the same areas in the TBM.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, flyinion said:

I read a post on the official forum where someone found that settings didn't seem to be saving correctly for them and a few tries of resetting and applying defaults then carefully re-applying settings in a specific order of categories supposedly fixed it.  Eh don't know, that's too random.  I've had the issue with some aircraft and I haven't had the AI models on anything but generic since before the patch, so unless the settings saving thing was there pre-patch2 then that's not the cause in my case either.  It also seems to be aircraft specific as I've seen it in the A320, and longitude, but have had zero issues in the same areas in the TBM.

Glad it works for you...

In time, Asobo will get it sorted out...oh...the growing pains...

35 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Glad it works for you...

In time, Asobo will get it sorted out...oh...the growing pains...

Yeah but only the TBM.  Anything else I've tried has had issues.  Either the avionics, or complete game breaking bug like the stupid 787 dumping its flightplan out of the FMC or nosediving on landing when disconnecting the autopilot.  I've given up on trying any aircraft besides the TBM after experiencing avionics issues with the A320 and Longitude.  It's not worth it until Asobo gets their heads out of their rears and fixes this abomination of coding.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

As an alpha, and a beta, and a silent but avid post reader of this forum. I have spent countless hours trying to replicate many of the issues here and on the MSFS forums. So I can make a report to Zendesk. Every Zendesk  bug report I have made I have got a response. Some have been verified, and forward to the development team. They have not been a lot because I have tested many and not been able to replicate. For I need to be able to give a concise and detailed report of the bug to Zen.

As much as I want to help fellow simmers in their desire to have a fully functioning Simulation. I would stress that spending more time developing a fully accurate and professional Bug report to Zen will have a better response to said report.

As much as we live in our Microwave ready, raman noodle, eat it now world, please be patient. If everybody would spend more time reporting, with STUDY LEVEL bug report to Zen. Then ranting and raving about how "broken" the sim is. I think it would go a long way to figuring out your issues. And I will tell you a lot of the issues I have had, 80 to 90 percent were operator error, system setup, not knowing the aircraft, and random system anomalies. In other words, on my end. not the simulation.

I know it can be hard to look inward and double, triple check everything you mite be doing wrong, I hate it myself, Hell I build and configure Data centers and own my own IT business. But I learned not to be stubborn of my expertise, and remind myself  to be humble and to make sure its not something I did wrong. Once I know that everything I got is working as it should. I repeat, research, document report, listen to input from the team, read and google for ideas, correct and see if I can repeat again, then after all that, and it still no go. Then report again.

I have had a lot more enjoyable flights in all aircraft than not. The sim is working for me very well. From long hauls, to MP bush flying, to tube liners. Have not reinstalled like many others, Just once in the early alpha, and once to install the retail version. All updates have installed, and making for better performance and a plethora of bug fixes, and newer content. I wish all of you could have just a good experience as I have. But I will remind you is that good experience has come from a lot of work, and a love of simming.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

So, I just enabled DEV mode, re-loaded the aircraft from directly within it, and, now the avionics work.... Bit of a pain to 1.) have to do this each flight and 2.) have the DEV bar across the top of the screen the whole flight. 

5 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, I just enabled DEV mode, re-loaded the aircraft from directly within it, and, now the avionics work.... Bit of a pain to 1.) have to do this each flight and 2.) have the DEV bar across the top of the screen the whole flight. 

funny, i dont need to turn on dev an Mod works well. Have tou tried deleting other mods and trying it alone?

On 9/19/2020 at 4:09 AM, MrBitstFlyer said:

Like someone else said, I do not have this problem.  I have flown many hours since the second patch without Issues.

Good for you! None of us paying customers should have to deal with this!

On 9/23/2020 at 9:15 AM, JRBarrett said:

It definitely appears that the problems with avionics suddenly shutting down, switches and systems activating by themselves, autopilots going “crazy” etc. has something to do with unwanted interactions between the user’s own aircraft and either AI aircraft, or other users’ aircraft in a multiplayer environment. The latter appears to be the biggest factor.

I have logged about 20 hours so far since patch 2 came out with absolutely no avionics issues at all - certainly no shutdowns. That is probably because I do not use AI (I have zero interest in having traffic of any kind in the sim). For the same reason, I do not use multiplayer, and I have my ground traffic slider set to zero, as I don’t like dealing with the constant problem of generated airport vehicles sitting in the middle of taxiways and ramps getting in the way.

From what I have read, keeping ground traffic set to zero, and using only generic AI models seems to avoid the unwanted interaction with other player’s aircraft for those who do enjoy using multiplayer.

This is good information to know, but seems like we should be able to use features we paid for if we do enjoy multiplayer and having other aircraft around.

On 9/19/2020 at 1:23 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

What are your realism settings?

Cheers, Rob.

This is a useless question. If the simulator is working it should not matter what realism settings one is using.

On 9/19/2020 at 6:41 AM, RamonB said:

Unfortunately this is apparently a recurring BUG, (perhaps in the core code), affects most airplanes and was reported long time ago. It has nothing to do with GPU brand.

I know the G36 had an avionics issues in the past which resulted in a battery drain and a failure of the garmin systems and flags/gear, the work around was to make sure landing lights was turned off during flight - something like that anyway. So I suspect something similar might be happening here. I would conserve electrical power where you can and see if you still have avionics issues. I'm not saying this is a solution but I think there is a method to there madness and you might be able to avoid the avionic issues with a more frugal use of the electrical systems until a proper fix is in place.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Upvote 1

Releasing updates that produce new errors and don`t solve the old issues is not a good thing. Releasing new landscapes makes this more strange/funny/entertaining. If 75% of the developers in FS are visual designers, this might be an explanation, what in contrary shows the planning and structure is wrong/not good. Looking forward to the next patches :thumbs up. 

• Like 1

Any news when this will be fixed, I can't fly my Steam gauges cessna!

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

3 hours ago, PapaRomeo said:

Any news when this will be fixed, I can't fly my Steam gauges cessna!

A guess would be nexts week’s patch, but all we know for sure there is we’re getting an improved Japan. If they really don’t fix anything at all though next week, I’m finding some way to get my $120 back from Steam. I don’t care that it’s been 30 days.