Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Some XP_TBM action

A few of the TBM 900 from X-Plane.  Now I have to give this developer kudos in every sense of the work as he has taken turbo-prop simulation to another level

48488494946_115eda9450_k.jpg

49890549343_2814c202d2_k.jpg

49890549468_a1189bd27d_k.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

That's really saying something then coming from you, I always think your Q400 is next level, It's my only real go to turboprop, I'm forever pulling the Crash 8's power levers in and out of the beta detent during taxi saying to myself, "yeah man, that's how it is!" even your prop pitch visuals from full fine to full coarse are second to none. I do like some of the engine modelling capabilities that X-plane offers. Does this TBM in X-plane react similarly? 

FAA ATP, CASA ATPL(A), MEIR, NVFR, Type Rated: A320, B747,B737, E120, B1900D/C KA350,

Multi Ratings: PA31-350, BE58, C310, PN68, PA44, BE76.

Checked out on: C210, R114, C206, PA28, C172, C152.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz (20 CPUs), ~3.3GHzMemory: 64MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, Multi Monitor.

***Beautiful*** Those Colors really POP!!!👀

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

BRFBKY.jpg

Wait....wait!   oh..ok....let me flip my text around....(I thought everyone learned to read backwards, hehe)

Fantastic set!

I have Xplane, started to get into it but never could fully (Too many sims!)...Bought the 737-400 and loved it...just didn't have time to fly it.

Ohhh....the painter in me is going nuts looking at the reversed text on the winglet....send me the texture map...let me fix it! (I know...I have a problem, LOL)

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

16 hours ago, toucanair said:

That's really saying something then coming from you, I always think your Q400 is next level, It's my only real go to turboprop, I'm forever pulling the Crash 8's power levers in and out of the beta detent during taxi saying to myself, "yeah man, that's how it is!" even your prop pitch visuals from full fine to full coarse are second to none. I do like some of the engine modelling capabilities that X-plane offers. Does this TBM in X-plane react similarly? 

Have to give praise where it is due. The Xplane TBM has a level of fidelity that really blows the mind.  While I have not spent too much time with the aircraft, the little time I did spend I was able to not only visualize but experience the effects of poor management or rushing to get going and not following proper procedures before getting in the air. 

Initially there were some ground roll issues which have been addressed but xplane is not the best with ground friction modelling but it has gotten better. 

I performed a takeoff out of EGLC once and managed to hit the right gear on an embankment just prior to rotation.  This resulted in the right gear failing to retract, so of course I played the scenario through and went over to Heathrow and used a longer runway, where I suspected that the gear would collapse upon landing.  Upon resting the right gear down just I suspected the gear collapsed and the aircraft vered to the right before coming to a complete stop. 

Another neat feature, I forgot to close one of the fuel caps prior to takeoff and during climb out I looked over at the wing and see fuel escaping from the fuel tank, so return to field initiated.. 

The maintenance tracking of components is also very well put together especially if poor execution  is exhibited during operation, and can cost a pretty penny for repairs, thank God for simulation. 

While MJC has been able to bring turbo prop simulation to the level that it is at, there is always room for improvement, and hopefully we'll be able to make some further strides with this new platform. 

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

8 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

BRFBKY.jpg

Wait....wait!   oh..ok....let me flip my text around....(I thought everyone learned to read backwards, hehe)

Fantastic set!

I have Xplane, started to get into it but never could fully (Too many sims!)...Bought the 737-400 and loved it...just didn't have time to fly it.

Ohhh....the painter in me is going nuts looking at the reversed text on the winglet....send me the texture map...let me fix it! (I know...I have a problem, LOL)

Yes at times I too feel the same way too many Sims to interact with. 

FSX, P3D v4 and v5, X-Plane and now MFS 2020.

I like to interact with as many platforms as possible just to see progression  over time and functionality.  X-Plane has certain grown into a young adult and continues to mature. The aircraft and scenery developers are surely making waves and I have found the this platform handles ortho scenery much better than P3D.  The recent upgrade to Vulcan offers a smoother simulation experience.  We more thank likely will never develop for xplane but I am really looking forward to flyJsims Q400.  The original develops for v9 was a step ahead of the game back then so I can only imagine what they have in store. 

Oh and that 737 400 I picked up a few weeks back and have flown it about 4 times and it is certainly a joy to hand fly. 

Banner_MJC8.png

Oh yeah the Hotstart TBM is possibly the best addon for XP11 - and probably one of the top 5 addons for any sim - ever.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

17 minutes ago, edetroit said:

Wonderful! So sad FS9 missed out on the TBM. 😪

FS9 had the Flight1 Malibu Meridian which was just as impressive in its day 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

44 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That it was, and was certainly a a joy to fly

Banner_MJC8.png

51 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Looks like I missed out on that one.