Sign in to follow this  
Jikul

Basic addon priced at half the cost of MSFS. Justified?

Just read about FS2Crew new “improved” pushback system. It looks like it barely improves on the default system, maybe the additional voices?? 

Has anyone tried this? What’s the math behind pricing something at half the platform entry cost, while providing a feature that already exists in that same platform?

That’s called free enterprise.  No one is sticking a gun to your head to buy it.  And as you pointed out, pushback already exists in the game.

If it’s priced too high, people won’t buy it.  Price is what kept me from P3D.

The market will decide.  That’s the beautiful thing about free enterprise.

• Like 1

A smart guy once told me "A good deal is a state of mind".  This is entertainment software. People don't buy it because it succcesfully passes cost/benefit analysis.

As a case in point, hard pass for me.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

12 minutes ago, Jikul said:

Just read about FS2Crew new “improved” pushback system. It looks like it barely improves on the default system, maybe the additional voices?? 

Has anyone tried this? What’s the math behind pricing something at half the platform entry cost, while providing a feature that already exists in that same platform?

What is the problem? If you want it, buy it. And if are you thinking, that it's too expensive, don't buy it. Yes, it's so simple 🙂

1 hour ago, Jikul said:

Yes I have it, and recommend it too. Concerning whether it offers value and whether it improves matters, here are some points to bear in mind:

It is discounted by five quid if you have any other FS2Crew products. It works with three different sims; FSX, P3D and MSFS 2020, meaning it is more value if you use those sims too. It makes the pushback procedure somewhat more realistic than the default one. It allows you to actually drive the pushback tug, making it much more precise. It has a simple but very usable interface which allows you to control the entire turnaround procedure, not just the push, i.e. doors, jetbridge, tug connection and release, walkaround. It has three different push procedure control methods, giving a lot of flexibility in how you use it, from 'hands on' involvement, to automated 'leave it to it', plus numerous audio cues in many languages for this. It is going to be expanded as the SDK for MSFS 2020 proceeds, adding other stuff, so it's only going to get better in terms of value.

I'll be doing a review of it, but as someone who did the job for real until recently (thanks COVID), I can confirm it is more realistic than the default procedure.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

A smart guy once told me "A good deal is a state of mind".  This is entertainment software. People don't buy it because it succcesfully passes cost/benefit analysis.

As a case in point, hard pass for me.

EXACTLY!!!

If you find value in a product then it is a good deal for YOU! For me a PMDG products are good deals and is money well spent. FS2Crew's Pushback Express is a waste of money and overpriced...waiting to see what GSX has to offer would be a smart move.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

It is a free market, they can price how they want, and we choose to buy or not.  

Everything is subjective when it comes to value.  I'm sure there's someone out there who uses this addon constantly and flies all the time, and gets their value out of it.  

I personally find most addons to be a little on the pricey side, as of now I've not spend any money on the sim other than the sim itself.  I've bought a lot of Xplane stuff in the past couple of years, and I almost always wait for sales.  I regularly see stuff for half off. 

If you have a little patience and pay attention, you can save a lot of money.  Digital sales do happen.  There's a "right now" premium that you can choose to pay or wait.  

Hopefully we'll see similar kinds of sales on this new MS Store.  MS does have sales on the Xbox side.  I'd expect to see a Black Friday sale (even though everything is digital at this point) if not even something sooner.  

Edited by kerosene31

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF