Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Moscow to St Petersburg in an S7 Airlines A320

Ed:

The S7 Green has always struck my fancy...great set of pictures, here, (and, yes, enjoyable full-flight video too)...

Is this the new Two-Tone Livery,...looks neat...(did you have to paint it yourself)...?

Now, once you get tired of FBW, maybe you could take a S7 (Trijet) Tu-154 to the sky....🙂...(of course, only after all the other ones, already, queued up on the runway, for take off)...!

• Like 1

Love the video Ed, and the shots to compliment

• Like 1

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thank you for your kind comments guys.

On 9/24/2020 at 11:55 PM, P_7878 said:

Ed:

The S7 Green has always struck my fancy...great set of pictures, here, (and, yes, enjoyable full-flight video too)...

Is this the new Two-Tone Livery,...looks neat...(did you have to paint it yourself)...?

Now, once you get tired of FBW, maybe you could take a S7 (Trijet) Tu-154 to the sky....🙂...(of course, only after all the other ones, already, queued up on the runway, for take off)...!

This is the new S7 livery. I only fly my own paints . The Tu-154M (which I cannot wait to fly) is waiting for me to first do the cockpit photoshoot and then make/code the panel. 🤓

• Like 2

6 hours ago, edetroit said:

This is the new S7 livery. I only fly my own paints . The Tu-154M (which I cannot wait to fly) is waiting for me to first do the cockpit photoshoot and then make/code the panel. 🤓

Ed, yes, this (new) paint looks nicer, I think....(and great paint-job, here, btw)...!

Just for your interest (and with advance permission), I added, below, three of PMDG S7 Airline (738) repaints, from the local Library,...(I should take to flying my 737NG with S7 again...if I can, with this attractive livery)...Thanks...!!

[And, understood about Tu-154 SIM...(I recall this S7 airline had adopted Boeing/Airbus...after their Tupolevs..)...]

Y5HoJg.jpg

QhAQ9X.jpg

VmVHIq.jpg

Great looking livery and nice video! You're work in FS9 is truly amazing.

• Like 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

20 hours ago, Pugilist2 said:

Great looking livery and nice video! You're work in FS9 is truly amazing.

Thank you very much!

20 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Ed, yes, this (new) paint looks nicer, I think....(and great paint-job, here, btw)...!

Just for your interest (and with advance permission), I added, below, three of PMDG S7 Airline (738) repaints, from the local Library,...(I should take to flying my 737NG with S7 again...if I can, with this attractive livery)...Thanks...!!

[And, understood about Tu-154 SIM...(I recall this S7 airline had adopted Boeing/Airbus...after their Tupolevs..)...]

I have been watching this livery (which I have ready for flight...just no panel) spying all over France recently. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/rf-85655#259779b0

50389325771_0a35090d99_h.jpg

• Like 2

***Awesome Detail***

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

7 hours ago, edetroit said:

I have been watching this livery (which I have ready for flight...just no panel) spying all over France recently. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/rf-85655#259779b0

50389325771_0a35090d99_h.jpg

Ed:

I looked up a bit about this (RF-85655) Tu-154....(Flightradar24.com is giving me some error now...issue, likely, on my side...will check later...)...It seems to be a "Tu-154M-LK-1" variant, which was used as Cosmonaut trainer for the Buran spacecraft...(only the Tu-154 could be found capable of replicating/simulating actual Buran's steep vertical descent....🙂...!). So, it's an interesting livery, you've shown here...(a perfect looking Tu-154, ready for flight, but, unfortunately, no panel, now,...sorry to hear...)...

One thing about Tu-154 that has always struck me, as peculiar, Ed, is its oval (or should we say "elliptical") shaped center engine (most apparent, when looked from the nose view)...very different from e.g. 727/DC10/MD11...which, all, seem to have round profiles...

But, today, I read this:

"The first version of Boeing 727, the short-body (-100) version, also had the oval shaped air intake for the center engine. On the long-body (-200) 727 aircraft, it is round."

So, I went back to my (most recent) 727-100 images, and added a couple of shots below, please examine, how the center engine, is, indeed, oval (like Tu-154's), but not round, compared to the other 2 engines...I'd frankly not noticed this, earlier. It appears, 727, then, later, moved on to all (3) "round" engine design...in the longer (-200) variant.

And, of course, the (pioneer) HS (Trijet) Trident's S-duct intake's (peculiar, but still oval) shape, is another matter....🙂...All interesting (early) trijet designs...nonetheless...

Good-luck...with Tu-154...no hurry...!! Thank you.

9nOXZZ.png

uOKuko.png

10 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Ed:

I looked up a bit about this (RF-85655) Tu-154....(Flightradar24.com is giving me some error now...issue, likely, on my side...will check later...)...It seems to be a "Tu-154M-LK-1" variant, which was used as Cosmonaut trainer for the Buran spacecraft...(only the Tu-154 could be found capable of replicating/simulating actual Buran's steep vertical descent....🙂...!). So, it's an interesting livery, you've shown here...(a perfect looking Tu-154, ready for flight, but, unfortunately, no panel, now,...sorry to hear...)...

This aircraft is used to fly over and monitor Western/NATO nation's military facilities per a treaty with the Russian Federation.

The 727 and Tu-154 may look similar in that they have three engines and wings but that is where it ends.

As someone who has studied both aircraft in depth I feel I can say they are completely different....same applies to the VC-10/ Il-62.  

• Upvote 1