Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 24th, 2020 - Development Update

On 9/30/2020 at 11:01 PM, Adrian123 said:

I believe with no proof of course , the whole controller system is setup for Xbox type controllers with no provision for 100k linear potentiometers. Yes FSUIPC or Axes and Ohs slopes are somewhat better but no where ere they need to be.

Hmmm... Seems that You are on to something here. The sensitivity-settings ‘sortof’ work for the x-box controller, but do diddly-squat for the Cessna yoke. Though, thankfully, that did work already reasonably well due to its large throw.   (Hope text is below quote-box now..  yay. It is. ) 

Edited by stefbuik

I agree that the returned Sensitivity settings are having ZERO effect with my joystick, dang it.  I was really pleased that the settings had reappeared and the settings menus and graphics indicated a change in sensitivity - however, once I got back in the air, the aircraft (C152 in this case) was still basically uncontrollable.  The slightest touch causes over-control in all axis.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I have reported it to Zendesk - so, this continues to make the sim unusable for me.  I think this sim has a lot of promise, but I wonder if all of the people giving it high marks are gamers, who are not using more standard simulation controllers, or if the original release of the sim had a Sensitivity system that actually worked and their original assignments/settings are still working?

Randall Rocke

I don't know, I sorta felt that way about the controllers when I was using my X52, but since getting a hold of a Honeycomb yoke a couple weeks ago, I've been able to leave it on default sensitivity and deadzones and it feels perfect.  If anything, I'm still getting use to how much LESS sensitive it is.  My X52 ran with about -50% sensitivity and deadzones on 5, Honeycomb is 0% sens and 2 on the deadzone.  Guess what I'm saying is, to some degree it definitely sounds like it's hardware dependent on if it's behaving reasonably or not.  I actually  got the yoke during the previous patch with the missing control panel (though I did find and try modding the settings file and reverted back to defaults over a few days).  I quickly had some of the best landings I've ever done in a sim since I started with FS98 while using the Honeycomb with the TBM930.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I appreciate that. The TBM is a lot different (or should be) in control response than a C152.  As this is a new sim to me (I took a couple of decades off from the different FS variants), I'm starting from scratch on how everything works, so I'm probably a couple of weeks of familiarization out before I take the TBM for a spin.

I'm curious - what happens if you fly the C152 with your Honeycomb?  Maybe my good old Sidewinder just isn't that compatible with FS 2020?  A shame if that's true, as it still runs 3 other sims with a beautiful touch.

Randall Rocke

I think a yoke works, because it has a far larger throw than a stick.

The sim is completely uncontrollable with a Logitech Sidewinder, twitchy as a russell terriër on speed.. but vèry controllable with the Cessna yoke with its 180° throw and large forward/backward push/pull.

Edited by stefbuik

OK - had to mothball the old MS Sidewinder FF2.  Too bad - it's always done a smooth job with my other sims, and I'll also be loosing my force feedback in Falcon.

I pulled out a secondary stick I haven't used for years - good old Thrustmaster Fox 2 (decent, but no where near the solidity of the Sidewinder). Now, the C152 is fairly smooth and is not over-controlling. Also, when I made very modest adjustments to its sensitivity, even small increments (2-3%) are making a difference.  Looks like I'll be able to fly after all.

Interesting that one stick responds normally and the other doesn't - makes me think that the force-feedback system may be the issue, though that hasn't been a problem with other sims that weren't coded for that feature.

Randall Rocke