Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 24th, 2020 - Development Update

18 hours ago, TASCHMANN said:

Consider the possibility that the ambiguity over the word "update" is intentional.  There is such a huge difference between a "patch" and the promise of a patch that the purpose of using the same word for both is obvious. It is to foment extended discussions like this in order to increase the "buzz" about the product.

Anyone at MS who was interested in clarity rather than obfuscation would have caught this glaring problem immediately--they're not.

Anyone who was interested in promptly  fixing the bugs in the aircraft and SDK would have replaced the scenery developers with programmers who worked on those things. 

That might not create as much of this weekly corporate hype but it would serve to concentrate on the fundamental characteristic of any flight simulator--flight

For those primarily interested in scenery there is a flight sim module in Google Earth.  It is very simple of course but it is at least honest. /QUOTE

————-

Eyy.. Sorry to burst Your Sim-bubble, but the bìg sales come from those that want pretty pictures and pretty planes. That’s just how it is.

Catering to fanatical purists ( with the rather demeaning attitute towards casual sim enthusiasts that seems to go with it) is only viable when making a profi-sim to train àctual pilots. In that case, asking for licencing fees in the tens of thousands of Euro’s a year ( often locked into the hardware too) will actually make money.

Let alone the fact that 100% correctly and precisely modeled avionics ànd flight models require rather scary expensive hardware. There’s a reson that fliying hours in pro simulators can cost hundreds of euro’s an hour. ( though still cheaper than àctually owning a plane) 

Edited by stefbuik
  • Upvote 1

If it is only "fanatical purists" that expect flight models and basic avionics that actually work --count me among them.  I suspect I am not alone.

p.s. Please take care not to include your comments in the same box as a quote from the person to whom you are responding.  Thanks.

Edited by TASCHMANN

9 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

p.s. Please take care not to include your comments in the same box as a quote from my posts.

To stefbuik.  This is a critical request and you should very carefully learn and be aware of how you post here.  Including your comments in a quote box gives a false impression that the member you are quoting stated it rather than you.  Quote, but then please write your comments above or below that box.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 9/26/2020 at 3:54 AM, TASCHMANN said:

Consider the possibility that the ambiguity over the word "update" is intentional.  There is such a huge difference between a "patch" and the promise of a patch that the purpose of using the same word for both is obvious. It is to foment extended discussions like this in order to increase the "buzz" about the product.

Anyone at MS who was interested in clarity rather than obfuscation would have caught this glaring problem immediately--they're not.

Anyone who was interested in promptly  fixing the bugs in the aircraft and SDK would have replaced the scenery developers with programmers who worked on those things. 

That might not create as much of this weekly corporate hype but it would serve to concentrate on the fundamental characteristic of any flight simulator--flight

For those primarily interested in scenery there is a flight sim module in Google Earth.  It is very simple of course but it is at least honest.

I have always wished that Google put a basic cockpit in Google Earth.  If they did you would not get me out of it.

Harry Woodrow

On 9/24/2020 at 6:42 PM, ChaoticBeauty said:

SEPTEMBER 24TH, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

POSTED BY: MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TEAM

Screenshot by NoYawControl

Wh1te506-2.jpg

Screenshot by Wh1te506

Sincerely,

Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Too bad most bridges in the sim are just a black wall from the water up to the bridge roadway.

James

7 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Too bad most bridges in the sim are just a black wall from the water up to the bridge roadway.

The otherwise would be impossible, you have a couple of millions bridges in the world as of today, you can't get them using photogrammetry, so you have to model them by hand.

We could get a complete MSFS by 3021 if we are lucky

On 9/24/2020 at 7:15 PM, abrams_tank said:

I’m going to guess that the sensitivity menu bug will also be fixed in the Japan patch, even though it wasn’t listed in the bugs screenshot.

And you're right! Sensitivity settings are back - looking forward to flying again.

• Like 1

Randall Rocke

Sensitivity settings may be back but i dont see them doing much if anything with a yoke. perhaps a game controller.

10 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Sensitivity settings may be back but i dont see them doing much if anything with a yoke. perhaps a game controller.

They definitely helped with my CH pedals.

James

12 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Just made a lot of difference with my stick. Small aircraft were virtually uncontrollable - now approaching normal.

Randall Rocke

12 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

There seems to be controller issues way beyond just losing the sensitivity settings.  Even with lowering the sensitivity quite a bit, planes are still very twitchy.  We're hoping either Asobo can fix it, or maybe we need to wait for 3rd party aircraft that handle a little better.  

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I finally gave up on my temporary love affair with the MSFS UI controller settings and went back to FSUIPC7 which does a much better job.

I believe with no proof of course , the whole controller system is setup for Xbox type controllers with no provision for 100k linear potentiometers. Yes FSUIPC or Axes and Ohs slopes are somewhat better but no where ere they need to be.

Edited by Adrian123