Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 24th, 2020 - Development Update

9 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Some of your post is answered in the yellow text.  That’s what I pointed out, to help you out, because some people didn’t notice the yellow text says what is fixed in this next patch,    Why are you so grumpy at people that try to help you?  Like take a chill pill. Relax.

Telling someone to read something when I clearly asked "am I reading this correctly" is rude and passive aggressive. 

• Like 1

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

11 hours ago, snglecoil said:

I don't think it was meant to be snarky. You are seeing the same info we are. I don't know what WIP means exactly as it relates to the upcoming patch. There is a lot to fix. Some of that work could be released with the next update, but it certainly implies that there is more to do.

So some of the updates say "Fixed in update 3" which assumes they will be out with the patch next Tuesday.  Something that is not labeled with that and instead "work in progress" probably is not making the patch, unless something major changes in the next few days.  "Work in progress" means not fixed and not done.  

If patches are only coming out once a month, it could be a long time before we see any G1000 fixes.  I thought this might be a big deal, seeing as G1000 and AP issues are basically constant threads here.

Craig from KBUF

3 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

Telling someone to read something when I clearly asked "am I reading this correctly" is rude and passive aggressive.

His response was reasonable. He directed you to the list of fixes. If the one you mentioned isn't shown then it won't be fixed in the next release.

• Like 6

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

His response was reasonable. He directed you to the list of fixes. If the one you mentioned isn't shown then it won't be fixed in the next release.

That's exactly what I said in my post... 

I'll let it go.  Clearly I'm being unclear somewhere.  

Craig from KBUF

11 hours ago, kerosene31 said:

So, if I'm reading this correctly, there's no fix coming for the G1000/3000 next week, and patches are only once a month so basically another month at least?  I've been patient but that's a long time to wait, considering things barely seem to work at this point.  Hopefully I'm reading that wrong, but it doesn't seem like anything is coming for any of those issues next week.  

That's why as I fly my pre-planned circuit of flights, in real time with real weather conditions, I am still completing them in previous simulator versions.  That is not a dig at the MFS or it's weather.  It is awareness of the shortcomings of the MFS avionics if flying into IMC, especially upon approach and landing.  My MLB game circuit should be complete in about three weeks, then it will be time to spend with some VFR and sightseeing.  I already spent 2.8 hours flying around western Oregon in the 172 and found it very enjoyable.  But it today - is what it is.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

7 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

That's exactly what I said in my post... 

I'll let it go.  Clearly I'm being unclear somewhere.  

Don't worry about it. Written communication is not as good as face-to-face so some understanding is needed. 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, tweekz said:

Quite happy with that blog update.

First they acknowledged the sensitivity issues, my nemesis. Second they confirmed DX12 (again) in the feedback snapshot.

And last but not least, the content of the Japan update shows they really mean it with continued development.

Also I can now see more clearly their financial plan. If they keep the sim supported, they can sell their paid DLCs more easily. If there are three or four paid DLCs per year, this is more economically feasible than selling iterations of a sim or a paid sub. All complimented with the cuts they get from the marketplace.

MS is doing a lot of things right here.

I also believe the earth simulation IP will be used in other products or licenced out to third parties. 

• Upvote 1

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD

1 hour ago, kerosene31 said:

If patches are only coming out once a month, it could be a long time before we see any G1000 fixes.  I thought this might be a big deal, seeing as G1000 and AP issues are basically constant threads here.

If you look at the dev roadmap, it seems like there are 2 patches each month.

DR-9.24.jpg

• Like 4

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

This is a very good update. This sim is going to be a monster in a year, with all the content coming. As far as the bug fixes go, i expect the next patch to include far more fixes than what is listed. This was just a quick summary based on community feedback. Even the WIP bugs will most likely get some love in the next patch, but those are bigger areas and won’t be completely fixed in the next patch. They didn’t even mention the 787 but i would also expect some fixes there. 

The investment they are making in this platform is impressive. It is getting a ton of coverage on youtube as well, and this takes the genre from niche to mainstream, which is a huge win for the community. We just need patience. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

They for all intent purposes marked the Cessna Citation Longitude fixed with Patch 2. IMHO it is not fixed and still exhibits the same poor aerodynamics and range.

I have asked that they unlock the .cfg files so to allow people who are capable of modifying the aircraft the opportunity. However, it has been buried in other voting. 

Unlock the .cfg files of Premium and Deluxe aircraft

If you own Premium or Deluxe content and would like to see these aircraft modified by the talent of third party modders then please give me a vote over on the MSFS forums. One group has already expressed interest in working on the CE 700 (Longitude.) 

• Like 3

How are more people concerned with having to press any key at the start of the sim, to the fact that the whole world's cities look like radioactive sludge when viewed from above FL100 at night or at a distance at night? 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, tweekz said:

DR-9.24.jpg

Hmm, am I reading this same chart differently?  I don't see anything on this chart that says "patch."  May I ask how you came to the conclusion that there are 2 patches a month?

From my understanding, "Update" for Microsoft/Asobo's terminology for MSFS means an update of their progress.  There is a green "Update 2 (9/15)" for September 10th. But as we know, no patch was released on September 10th.  So according to this chart, the green "Update" can't be a patch.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Yes I would. Everyone should be on the case with the faults. Pretty scenery can wait.

They're gilding the lily while it's being eaten alive by big ugly bugs.

As I said: This is not how it works. You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but very clearly you have no clue how software development works. The scenery team most likely have not the skills to work on AP bugs or similar stuff. They work on scenery and are experts in this field. Imagine you pull the designers in a car factory into fuel injection problems. Would that help? Of course not. So: Of course there can be scenery updates. Updating the scenery has no impact on how long it needs to fix other bugs.

I really prefer scenery updates NOW, while the other team is working hard on fixing AP or G1000 bugs.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Hmm, am I reading this same chart differently?  I don't see anything on this chart that says "patch."  May I ask how you came to the conclusion that there are 2 patches a month?

From my understanding, "Update" for Microsoft/Asobo's terminology for MSFS means an update of their progress.  So do the green "Update" such as "Update 4," "Update 5," mean a patch then?

This chart is so confusing, compounded by the fact that Microsoft/Asobo use the word "update" to mean so many things.

Update = Patch. You can see how Update 1 and 2 are listed on the dates when the last 2 patches came out.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Thanks for the heads-up. This wasn't part of the update last night and I did check again around an hour later. Can't edit the main post anymore unfortunately.

24 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

How are more people concerned with having to press any key at the start of the sim, to the fact that the whole world's cities look like radioactive sludge when viewed from above FL100 at night or at a distance at night? 

Most likely because it's probably the easiest of all things in the wishlist to be fixed. It is quite a hassle to have to wait for the intro screen to pop up if you have slow loading times and you want to do something else in the meantime.

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Upvote 1