Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

September 24th, 2020 - Development Update

1 minute ago, espent said:

#11 on the Forum Feedback - Top Bugs list.

Cheers missed that, it's late and I need some shut eye.:angry:

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

1000 applications but only 1 airplane

To be fair it is 3, and it also seems like the airplane developers are suffering more than the scenery developers. They need a more feature rich SDK to be able to deliver more advanced models.

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

I hope and believe that Microsoft who developed DX12, will work to ensure that it's implementation will not suffer like it has in P3D with its huge vram requirements.  I cannot stomach the idea of having to invest in a 3090 to get it to run decently.  I would hope a 3080 would make it run smoothly.

Chris

• Like 1

I really do hope they beef up the SDK for airplane makers.  I am really wanting to see Majestic begin development of the Dash8.

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The glTF exporter now supports 3D Studio Max 2021.

They must be some old 3ds Max users, still called the software 3D Studio Max.

My take: they're fixing the A320. They know about the sensitivity issue and it's a work in progress (ok). DX12 is coming someday. The SDK is getting more attention.

It's hard to be patient when you want it all right now. I'll try.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

18 minutes ago, ctalpas said:

I really do hope they beef up the SDK for airplane makers.  I am really wanting to see Majestic begin development of the Dash8.

Chris

If you follow Aerosoft's updates on the CRJ, they do speak about how they're working with Asobo and helping them develop the SDK further. It's an active part of this simulator that's continually being worked on.

1 hour ago, kerosene31 said:

Maybe try reading my post instead of making a snarky response?  My post was short and not that complicated.  Not sure where you're struggling.  

Some of your post is answered in the yellow text.  That’s what I pointed out, to help you out, because some people didn’t notice the yellow text says what is fixed in this next patch,    Why are you so grumpy at people that try to help you?  Like take a chill pill. Relax.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

3 hours ago, bendead said:

So, in the case of the new update, should we expect middle of octobre or in 2-3 month?

I love this game, but 2-3 CTDs per evening is a bit much

Review any errors in your Windows logs.

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

My take: they're fixing the A320. They know about the sensitivity issue and it's a work in progress (ok). DX12 is coming someday. The SDK is getting more attention.

It's hard to be patient when you want it all right now. I'll try.

Still super disappointed two patch summaries in a row and still no acknowledgement of the 787 disaster.  That things makes the a320 look like perfection.

Edited by flyinion

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

I wonder if they still work on live weather improvement. The winds are better but surface wind still off. There is some glitch their model than covert them to "calm"

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I wish they'd just fix their software rather than shoving more scenery into their scenery simulator.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, langly said:

I wish they'd just fix their software rather than shoving more scenery into their scenery simulator.

This is not how it works. The scenery team is not programming the autopilot or the G1000. The scenery people might not even be programmers. Would you rather they did NOT update the scenery until the other team fixed all the bugs?

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Furthermore, a DirectX 12 update is confirmed again and will fix the grainy reflections.

Am I blind? Where did they confirm it?