Sign in to follow this  
andapbur

Boarding sound

Is it possible to add an ambient boarding sound (eg. sound of passengers boarding the plane)? Would help with immersion :)

well, the door is usually open during boarding. In fact, uyou can see the cockpit if you seat in the first row, so the crew listen the people.

Edited by mariofsx

Realistic or not, door open or not, to my humble view, it is not the right approach to this question.

The good approach is to satisfy a maximum of customers ! As long as these kind of features are optional, purist will have the possibility to disable them, so no problem. In French we say: "who can more, can less".

As a former developers for FS (https://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-CRPB/acs-crpb.html), I dream to have not only this feature, but also music playing during taxi. This will remember me my old addon I mentionned here ! Something in a very open fashion, where the user can add mp3 files into a location and your program choose them randomly during both taxi phase and even maybe during approach.

Byork, please do this for an old collegue ! LOL !

Edited by ACS

1 hour ago, ACS said:

Realistic or not, door open or not, to my humble view, it is not the right approach to this question.

The good approach is to satisfy a maximum of customers ! As long as these kind of features are optional, purist will have the possibility to disable them, so no problem. In French we say: "who can more, can less".

As a former developers for FS (https://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-CRPB/acs-crpb.html), I dream to have not only this feature, but also music playing during taxi. This will remember me my old addon I mentionned here ! Something in a very open fashion, where the user can add mp3 files into a location and your program choose them randomly during both taxi phase and even maybe during approach.

Okay, I like the idea... c'est possible!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, byork said:

Okay, I like the idea... c'est possible!

Very good news, thanks a lot.

I can't wait to have these nice improvements.

Allow me to give to some more advises:

Of course, a music volume control is mandatory, maybe also for the rumble of passengers embarking and disembarking. Some other addon have the same permanent rumble during all the flight, I think this is not good. Just a specific noise where you can hear passenger opening and closing hand luggage compartment. Maybe even the stewardess welcoming or saying bye bye to them. During the flght, you may just play a very very low rumor. Maybe also, for futur improvements, screaming during severe turbulence and in the event of a hard landing.

speaking of the music I would play it automatically during taxi, but, of course, not during announcements. Maybe also during end of approach ? I don't know if it is still the case (very long I didn't fly), but in my time, it was done to calm passengers being afraid of landing phase.

Of course, just ideas ! I am sure you will design this "picolo-bello" LOL !

Thanks again for your agreement on this !

I am soo happy now !

On 9/26/2020 at 2:21 PM, ACS said:

Disregard, I thought this was the FSL airbus forum

Edited by swissdani
wrong forum