Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Free KFFA Available

Nice! Looks very good.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

I'm having a lot of issues with this addon, are other people seeing the same?

• The monument itself just seems "off", can't explain exactly what but if you drone cam around it it just doesn't look right. Maybe issue with drone cam distorting, not sure
  • Some of the stuff they've added to the airport, like the painted "First Flight" on the taxiway, flicker (badly)...if you pan the view around, you can see it blinking on and off. Seems like some type of z-order thing?
  • The AI logic Asobo used originally mapped the pathways in the monument as dirt, and it doesn't look like this has been updated
  • I get a green blob of trees that are a very unnatural green compared to the rest of the area

Is everyone else seeing the same thing? I was also very interested in VerticalSims Norfolk airport...but after seeing the issues with this I'm hesitant. I anticipated that as a company releasing payware that they would have used this free addon as an advertisement. Unless I'm doing something very wrong...it's not very good IMO.

Thanks,

Scott

Dunno... we rather enjoyed it.  I for one am glad to see these several freeware offerings.  That was one of the things that XPL did better.  I did notice the flash.. perhaps an update or two will let it blossom.  As I've landed at Plant City a few dozen times, that will be next.

pEVNcP2.jpg

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, SPowell42 said:

I'm having a lot of issues with this addon, are other people seeing the same?

• The monument itself just seems "off", can't explain exactly what but if you drone cam around it it just doesn't look right. Maybe issue with drone cam distorting, not sure
  • Some of the stuff they've added to the airport, like the painted "First Flight" on the taxiway, flicker (badly)...if you pan the view around, you can see it blinking on and off. Seems like some type of z-order thing?
  • The AI logic Asobo used originally mapped the pathways in the monument as dirt, and it doesn't look like this has been updated
  • I get a green blob of trees that are a very unnatural green compared to the rest of the area

Is everyone else seeing the same thing? I was also very interested in VerticalSims Norfolk airport...but after seeing the issues with this I'm hesitant. I anticipated that as a company releasing payware that they would have used this free addon as an advertisement. Unless I'm doing something very wrong...it's not very good IMO.

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Verticalsim has a very good following. I purchased KPCM and it's nicely done. I wanted to buy Norfolk, so I sent an e-mail to Verticalsim requesting the small discount code, and never received a response. I do have the XPlane 11 version and for the price I highly recommend it.

He also has sales often.

I did notice the flickering a blob trees but I thought that was a MSFS issue.

Let me try sending another e-mail.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated. Sounds like the KFFA addon just isn't quite up to VerticalSim standards then, maybe I will give Norfolk a try. Part of me is thinking I should hold off until after the USA world release - wondering if KFFA might get some love as part of that world update (truthfully I was kinda shocked that Wright Brothers memorial was left out of a flight simulator...)

Thanks,

Scott

Installed Plant City from VerticalSim... https://verticalsims.com/shop/mfs/kpcmhd/ and I'm getting a lot of stuttering, even in Drone view. I just DL this am (10/17) and was wondering if there has been any communication from VerticalSim re. performance optimizations in the works? I've landed there IRL many times, and wanted to re-create some of my Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner runs, but at the moment it's just meh... 

Ta- C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Cool.  I fly alot in coastal Carolina.  Used to live at Cherry Pt.

17 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Installed Plant City from VerticalSim... https://verticalsims.com/shop/mfs/kpcmhd/ and I'm getting a lot of stuttering, even in Drone view. I just DL this am (10/17) and was wondering if there has been any communication from VerticalSim re. performance optimizations in the works? I've landed there IRL many times, and wanted to re-create some of my Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner runs, but at the moment it's just meh... 

Ta- C

I noticed this the 1st time while flying toward the airport. Then they disappeared. Check your LOD setting. I have to run all sliders at 100 because the Tampa Bay area for some reason is hard on fps.

Jose- thanks- my LOD slider was at 110 as that supposedly activates supersampling (works at Denver and Miami etc.) but I just backed off to 100 and will report back.  Thanks for the tip.

REALLY looking forward to the US World Update! Hopefully they are spending lots of time on detail and OPTIMIZATION.

C

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

33 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Jose- thanks- my LOD slider was at 110 as that supposedly activates supersampling (works at Denver and Miami etc.) but I just backed off to 100 and will report back.  Thanks for the tip.

REALLY looking forward to the US World Update! Hopefully they are spending lots of time on detail and OPTIMIZATION.

C

Just checked and with sliders at 100, silky smooth at 30fps.

KjKhJmM.png

xRxNJPL.png

XFTFm0Q.png

I can even raise rendering scale to 150 and it remains locked at 30 fps.

VerticalSim has a good reputation. Considering it is freeware please don’t take this as anything more than an observation. The Wright monument’s geometry in particular could use some additional attention. But again, it is free, good enough for most people, and certainly better than what is there by default. 

Chris

Chris-

I'm grateful for the freeware, we are discussing Plant City... perhaps I ought to have started a new thread.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Since I brought this up here, I thought I ought to finish it here also.  Thanks to @DJJose I backed my slider to 100 and all is well once more.  I must admit to a rather anemic system- 6700K at 4.6gHz with a 1080Ti... waiting on the availability of a 20Gig 3080 for the upgrade... still, happy once I rebooted the system and backed off the slider.  We are all still learning, and I'm happy for the help. Ta Jose!

QoOY3pG.jpg

vSe8aBd.jpg

C

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper