Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The 'didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater' thread.

A few days past my vent, and blood pressure back to doctor subscribed,  I spent about three hours this morning, with a mandate to make the 'baby' as close to how it looked at 'birth'...and through so many cause/effect permutations of the in-sim GENERAL GRAPHICS Menu,  I upped and upped, I down'ed, and down'ed...I did combinations of both slide and click directions...and to what I found out...was the baby ring to rule them all...and that is...adjust all your in-game/your system settings...to the bottom line of keeping your GPU millisecond reading to 30 Milliseconds or less. On the FPS in-game meter...keep the action/process thread bar to solid yellow, or green/yellow.  You don't want to see any red spikes in the yellow operation band...and if you do that...and with your personal settings as I finally have carved out...you can get back pretty good (DESPITE the borks of patches we've all seen), to a pretty good VFR visual optic once more.  Also...keeping your GPU thread speed draw to 30 milliseconds or less, and you won't see popping, on High to Ultra settings at LOD 200 (in sim).

Here's this morning test visuals and the FPS window open, so you can compare visuals on my 4 core i7-975 Extreme/1070 8GB system, to the FPS window thread readouts, and the detail of the scene.  I am satisfied to run 'baby' until either the next patch improves, or further borks the bathwater...one of two future outcomes...

I have 'baby' back to being able to fill the bathtub once more...and play in the suds....

Flying over the centre of mid Michigan, USA.

Screenshot-810.png

Screenshot-811.png

Screenshot-812.png

Screenshot-813.png

Screenshot-814.png

Screenshot-815.png

Screenshot-816.png

Screenshot-817.png

Screenshot-818.png

Screenshot-819.png

Screenshot-820.png

Screenshot-821.png

Screenshot-822.png

Screenshot-823.png

Screenshot-824.png

Screenshot-825.png

Screenshot-826.png

Screenshot-827.png

Screenshot-828.png

Screenshot-829.png

Screenshot-830.png

Screenshot-831.png

Screenshot-832.png

Screenshot-833.png

Screenshot-834.png

Screenshot-835.png

Screenshot-836.png

Screenshot-837.png

Screenshot-838.png

Screenshot-839.png

• Like 5

Well done. It does feel like FSX, P3D and XP all over again with the tweaking, but you can get it sorted if you are determined. Good for you. This sim is too amazing to walk away from imo. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

27 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Well done. It does feel like FSX, P3D and XP all over again with the tweaking, but you can get it sorted if you are determined. Good for you. This sim is too amazing to walk away from imo. 

Sure...the bugs you have to swat at...but I try to work around them, and between them.  I feel that I have a good mixture of High/Ultra, with a couple of .cfg tweaks thrown in...and as you see in my examples,  I'm getting good and real-world believable forestry, building asset cover, and absolutely no pops 'out there'  The scenery just flows into the LOD.  So...I guess, bath time is fun once more...until the dreaded...YOU MUST INSTALL THIS PATCH...notification comes up....then I'll shake my 'medicine' beads...and start chanting as it downloads...that's about all you can do...LOL!  I don't hate this this sim at all...just have been frustrated at the patches, and the outcomes after them.  With the above depictions, now gleaned today, ...am happy to click on the starter....and go grab a coffee and such.... while the computer grinds to the Welcome Screen....😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Sure...the bugs you have to swat at...but I try to work around them, and between them.  I feel that I have a good mixture of High/Ultra, with a couple of .cfg tweaks thrown in...and as you see in my examples,  I'm getting good and real-world believable forestry, building asset cover, and absolutely no pops 'out there'  The scenery just flows into the LOD.  So...I guess, bath time is fun once more...until the dreaded...YOU MUST INSTALL THIS PATCH...notification comes up....then I'll shake my 'medicine' beads...and start chanting as it downloads...that's about all you can do...LOL!  I don't hate this this sim at all...just have been frustrated at the patches, and the outcomes after them.  With the above depictions, now gleaned today, ...am happy to click on the starter....and go grab a coffee and such.... while the computer grinds to the Welcome Screen....😉

It does look really good. Your screenshots are awesome. But you need a load of patience with this sim. Going to be a fun year! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Looking great Mitch, glad you have it dialed in! 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Mitch: Looks like you are having a bit of fun, through this (seemingly complex) exercise of yours....(also most importantly, you have got "it" within the prescribed limits...🙂...do keep it there...only, then comes this SIM...🙂...)...

Nice pictures out of mid Michigan...!! Have travelled the edges of the state more than the central region...thanks for posting...!