Wennerholm

Global AI Ship Traffic

you own it, then you can use it.
i do so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alti said:

you own it, then you can use it.
i do so.

Thank´s! I will install Time Zoon Fixer! I can not use Global AI Ship when I use the XML metod. 

Edited by Wennerholm

I can't swear it's the cause but I had repeated CTD's in P3D when using Global AI Ships.  I uninstalled it, no more CTD's.

It doesn't claim to be compatible with V5 as far as I can see.  https://www.flightsimnorway.com/addons/?funct=dl&pack=aishipsn

ngxu_banner.png

I use global ship traffic in P3Dv5.  Sometimes this ships sit on top of the water, rather than float they way they should, but from altitude it's not usually noticeable.  I install it using the add-on.xml method.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

No troubles with the ships here. I use the same xml file as in V4.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ships work fine for me. Make sure you have the latest version of his ships add-on -- version 2.0

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

My only problem, many ships don't show wake effects since I'm using it for P3Dv5.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Ditto here, been using v2 on P3Dv5 for months and no issues, also using the xml file.

On 10/14/2020 at 8:49 AM, Nemo said:

My only problem, many ships don't show wake effects since I'm using it for P3Dv5.

You must check in the Global_AI_Ship_Traffic effect files that where there is "Ground Normal=1" you also have just after"Ground Decal=1".

A tedious work, but easier with the right tools like Notepad++...

Gérard

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This my xml for the Global Ships Traffic which work on v4.5 and v5hf2 - Must be tHenrik Nielsen V2 package.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Global AI Ship Traffic V2</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Global AI Shipping by Henrik Nielsen</AddOn.Description>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>F:\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Boats</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>F:\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Animals</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Effects</Category>
    <Path>F:\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Effects</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Sound</Category>
    <Path>F:\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Sound</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>F:\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\scenery\world\Scenery</Path>
    <Name>Global AI shipping traffic</Name>
    <Layer>161</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Download free text editor Notepad++ open a new file and copy and paste the above replacing the paths with those in your PC, then save it as an eXtensible mark up file (xml) add-on.xml. - Create a folder and call it Global Ships or something of your choice, place the add-on file inside it and put it in your C:\Users\your username\Documents\Prepar3D v4 or 5 Add-ons folder. Increase ship traffic to minimum 25% but higher is better if you want to see a lot more traffic.

Regards

Edited by ideoplastic
format lines
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2020 at 10:21 AM, gaab said:

You must check in the Global_AI_Ship_Traffic effect files that where there is "Ground Normal=1" you also have just after"Ground Decal=1".

A tedious work, but easier with the right tools like Notepad++...

Gérard

I checked my effect files and found "Ground Normal=1" and "Ground Decal=1" in every Wake section. There must be another reason why I'm missing so many wake effects. I have the current ai ships version and did never change anything.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Sorry to bring this up again. I'm meanwhile with 5.1 but can still not see many wake effects. Could someone be so kind to fly with a small a/c @ 3000 ft South from KFHR. There should be enough ships. Do you see wake effects?

Thanks.

- Harry 

It is not really a GA flight low near KFRH, but you can see that's the wake effects are there 😉

B314 Clipper / Prepar3d V5.1

P3-D2020-11-07-17h10s01338.jpg

P3-D2020-11-07-17h20s54971.jpg

Ok, I think I must improve my AA settings...

Gérard

Edited by gaab
  • Like 1