Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Toolbar and Ready to Fly button gone?

Strange things happening, almost funny that MSFS always comes up with new challenges on basically the very same computer.  I chose delete and reinstall yesterday to install MSFS on my new Samsung SSD. Ok, took some time but basically all fine now except that

- the toolbar is gone?! Moving the mouse does not bring anything up. Is there an option to deactivate the toolbar or a key assignment to bring the menue up during flight?

- also, the yellow ready to fly button is gone?!? I started holding short of the takeoff runway now several times at KEYW and LOWI

Anybody else seen this? Any idea how to fix it. No mods installed at all yet, btw

thanks

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

There still both there for me post-patch. I’m afraid your install might be corrupted.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I’ve seen odd behavior like this now and again usually solved by a restart of the sim or a restart of my desktop...

38 minutes ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I’ve seen odd behavior like this now and again usually solved by a restart of the sim or a restart of my desktop...

I could swear I did do a cold boot. Just did it again and this time when launching MSFS from the desktop icon a message with an installer popped up. Just starting a departure from LOWI. Will report back in few minutes 

update: no change. No ready to fly (can live with that) but also no toolbar. Will probably re-install once again. Yuck

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

35 minutes ago, DAD said:

Will probably re-install once again

Yuck indeed! Sorry it wasn’t much help...

Hopefully you internet connection is fast!

2 hours ago, DAD said:

Strange things happening, almost funny that MSFS always comes up with new challenges on basically the very same computer.  I chose delete and reinstall yesterday to install MSFS on my new Samsung SSD. Ok, took some time but basically all fine now except that

Did you manually delete the MSFS folder in Windows Explorer?  Or did you do a clean uninstall by following the instructions for a clean uninstall?  Manually deleting the MSFS folder is not the same as doing a clean uninstall.

Follow the instructions here for a clean uninstall and clean install for the Microsoft Store version: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-How-to-repair-or-remove-and-do-a-clean-install-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-on-Microsoft-Store-Gamepass

And the clean uninstall and install instructions for the Steam version: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016125019-How-to-repair-remove-and-do-a-clean-install-of-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-on-Steam

In a nutshell, if you went to WIndows Explorer and you manually deleted MSFS yourself, it causes problems. The reason is there could be hidden files & hidden folders that you didn't delete, and there may be registry settings you didn't delete.  Thus, your removal of MSFS could be corrupted.

A proper clean uninstall by following the links I posted above should properly remove hidden files & folders, and remove the registry settings for you.  If you want further help, check the official MSFS Discord channel.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Thanks but I did not delete it manually but through the apps settings 

Phil Leaven

Yes since I re-installed on a brandnew and empty SSD

Phil Leaven

It's a well-known issue, and I had it, too. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/missing-cockpit-and-freezing-when-pressing-ready-to-fly/291435/39 (plus several more threads on this).

Uninstall FaceTRackNoIr (even if it's not running) and you should be (hopefully) done.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks Michael but it’s a vanilla install without FaceTrackNoIR. Deleted several folders from my MSFS official folder and now downloading yet again as we speak...

Phil Leaven

2 minutes ago, DAD said:

Thanks Michael but it’s a vanilla install without FaceTrackNoIR.

Are you sure? You don't need to have FaceTrackNoIR installed into MSFS, for some odd reasons it seems to be sufficient to have it on the system (which applied to me).

Otherwise... I would make a new thread in the Official Forum and/or report to Zendesk.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yes. Never downloaded let alone used FaceTrack yet. As I said downloading now some 87gib and will check once done. Else I will report it to zendesk for sure. Thx

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

Final update: re-install helped. Ready to Fly button and taskbar are back. All fine now. Thx

• Like 1

Phil Leaven