Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

"External" VSYNC not working.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

You have an excellent chance of 60Hz with the 3080 as you say (you lucky devil! 😄 )

Yeah i was really lucky with that one. I just couldn't resist and i am very happy with my decision.

So thanks for all the adivces! Will try 'em out tonight. But first another five hours on duty. 😑

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, that's it.  👍  If your monitor is 60Hz, and this is set to just 'Scanline Sync' (without the x2 or x/2), then it will just sync to the 60 Hz of the monitor.

You have an excellent chance of 60Hz with the 3080 as you say (you lucky devil! 😄 )

Don't forget 'framerate limit' must also be set to 60 in RTSS also then (the box just above scanline sync). 

The -1 setting will try to pre-render one frame to send to the graphics card so it isn't waiting for it (which can also cause stutter), but setting this higher can have an undesirable effect, as the PC tries to generate too many pre-rendered frames, and ends up throwing some away anyway.  -2 might be beneficial on the 3080 at 60 Hz though. Give it a go if you want. 🙂

Be aware that you can alter RTSS on the fly by alt-tab or alt-enter out of MSFS, altering RTSS settings, then alt-tab back in.  So you can experiment with it 'live' as much as you like.  Takes just seconds to alter something and see the effect in MSFS straight away.  👍

Sorry to bring this up again. But where do i set the x/2 in RTSS?

I have an option to set the FPS and one to set the scanline sync.

Or do i have to set the FPS to 30 in RTSS?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I am curious,

If you set to 60/2 (30) on a 60Hz monitor is it smooth when you look around the cockpit? I run 1080P on a 42" LED TV and try to lock to 60 FPS to keep things smooth. I can actually do this the majority of the time flying the TBM at smaller airports. I tried locking to 30 FPS in Nvidia control panel before but panning around was really juttery 

Also can you run this application on it's own or do you have to also install MSI Afterburner (I thought it was part of that software) 

Edited by Richdem

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

4 hours ago, Richdem said:

Also can you run this application on it's own or do you have to also install MSI Afterburner (I thought it was part of that software) 

You can run RTSS on its own.  And unlike the previous posters I do not believe you need to both limit fps and set scanline sync.. Either one will do its thing by itself.

I have scanline sync x/2 with a non zero value on the right... the number indicates the location of the scanline.  If this number is zero, the scanline sync is inop.. 🙂

You can also enable the FPS readout so that you can tell at a glance if RTSS is operating correctly.

qBVOblx.jpg

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

6 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Sorry to bring this up again. But where do i set the x/2 in RTSS?

I have an option to set the FPS and one to set the scanline sync.

Or do i have to set the FPS to 30 in RTSS?

See picture above..

Bert

Not a big deal, but every time I open my RTSS, I get a warning message that "required DirectX runtimes are not installed. On-Screen display may not function properly". Well, I´m not using that on-screen functionality and RTSS works fine. But could that lack of DirectX runtimes cause other disadvantages?

Tapani Österberg

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

See picture above..

Yep...got it. But i doesn't work for me. I mean...setting it up works fine but the result is awful stuttering with thw 60/2 setup. Will see...i can easily keep 60 fps but i can't get rid of that microstuttering which is a bit annoying.

9 hours ago, Richdem said:

I tried locking to 30 FPS in Nvidia control panel before but panning around was really juttery 

NCP VSYNC doesn't work in MSFS, that's why we're talking RTSS here.

Panning around with locked 30FPS is super smooth. However, it might take an hour or two to adjust your vision. When I go from locked 60 to locked 30, for the first couple of minutes it feels pretty juddery, however, some time later, it feels so smooth that I double check it's not back to 60.

• Like 1

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

So let me get it right, with my 165hz monitor, if I would like to get smooth experience with around 40fps, I would set in RTSS scanline x2 -17 and frame limit leave at 0 ?

Roi Ben

2 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Panning around with locked 30FPS is super smooth. However, it might take an hour or two to adjust your vision. When I go from locked 60 to locked 30, for the first couple of minutes it feels pretty juddery, however, some time later, it feels so smooth that I double check it's not back to 60.

Thank you I will give this a try,

For me though if I do nothing else other than turn Vsync on in MSFS it does try and lock 60FPS

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You can run RTSS on its own.  And unlike the previous posters I do not believe you need to both limit fps and set scanline sync.. Either one will do its thing by itself.

I have scanline sync x/2 with a non zero value on the right... the number indicates the location of the scanline.  If this number is zero, the scanline sync is inop.. 🙂

You can also enable the FPS readout so that you can tell at a glance if RTSS is operating correctly.

qBVOblx.jpg

Appreciate the reply Bert,

I am going to experiment with this. Greetings from a fellow Countryman 🙂 

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

12 hours ago, Richdem said:

I am curious,

If you set to 60/2 (30) on a 60Hz monitor is it smooth when you look around the cockpit? I run 1080P on a 42" LED TV and try to lock to 60 FPS to keep things smooth. I can actually do this the majority of the time flying the TBM at smaller airports. I tried locking to 30 FPS in Nvidia control panel before but panning around was really juttery 

Seems like we are having the same issue...I usually play at 60fps but wanted to give the 30fps which everybody is talking about, a try. But it doesn't work for me.

My issue seems to be a vsync setup problem and i just need to find the sweetspot.

2 hours ago, Colonel X said:

When i do the above it is so juttery i cant play... i have no idea what i am missing along the way. It looks like playing with no vsynch at all. Not even near smoothnes.

Has someone tryied D3DOverrider? Seems to be a tool within RTSS.