Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

CTD then cannot restart P3Dv5

Hello I was flying from LPPT to LEPA using P3Dv5 and using Prosim737.  About 20 minutes into the flight I noticed that the sound of the engines was still going on,but the image was frozen. It did not continue. Afyter a while I stop the simulation. Now if I restart P3D I get the first screen with the F22 and the default airport, I just kit Ok. it starts loading and about 75% later it crashed to the desktop.

I looked at Windows event viewer, and it shows a crash of P3dV5 due to fault with the file Kernel.dll.

I don't think is an issue with the system, as I have a pretty decent machine

I9-10850K not overclocked, ASUS Maximus X!!, 32 GB of DDR4-4000 RAM, GTX 1080TI.

Thanks and regards

Juan

I've had this happen a couple of times usually after I have restarted P3DV5 numerous times when I'm testing a mod that I have done.  In both cases I have shutdown my computer and started it up again. In both cases, the first time I try to start P3DV5 after restart it will CTD and after the first try it will work ok.  Go figure.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Hi there,

"Delete P3D generated files" feature, solved a similar issue I encountered in the past with V4.

https://youtu.be/Wj9QdURzbIY

Cheers,

Edited by ffantasy67

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

I had that specific problem of screen frozen but sound continues only once in P3Dv5 and I suspect it was caused by a conflict I had with Simmconnect as I inadvertently had two live map/tracking utilities running at the same time. However I was able to restart P3D without any issues.

Did you make any modifications or add anything prior to starting your most recent flight. This may give you a clue.

Also P3D may fail to start if it detects a bad scenery. I usually use Lorby Add on Manager to pick up those sorts of issues.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

13 hours ago, johncott said:

I've had this happen a couple of times usually after I have restarted P3DV5 numerous times when I'm testing a mod that I have done.  In both cases I have shutdown my computer and started it up again. In both cases, the first time I try to start P3DV5 after restart it will CTD and after the first try it will work ok.  Go figure.

same here.

delete the "previous.flt" file.  a do a PROPER reboot of  the pc 

using alt f4 at the desktop until you see a box coming up tellling you to reboot or restart,  ie dont use click windows icon / start , power  etc etc , using the alt f4  until you see the box, then reload p3d she if that fixes it.

14ppkc-6.png

I have witness issues like this after WIN10 updates, aswell.

For months since V5 HF2 is out i made hours of flying without a single CTD. Then i rember last 2 months there where some Windows updates also for VCruntine and Netframework installed allong with the automatic updates from MS. After that i got regular CTD with several modules like Kernellbase.dll, VCruntime.dll, and terrain.dll etc. 

After several repair installations of Simconnect, Nvidia Drivers (because Netframeworks relation) and the different VSRuntimes on the System. The CTD´where all gone and i could fly for the last 4 weeks without any issue. 

Beginning of this week there came several other Windows updates along, and now guess what...again CTD´s. For me it seems, that´s maybe a good idea to reinstall those parts of additional softwaremodules which could be effected by an Update of the OS, like SimConnect, Netframework, VC etc.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

I had some kernelbase errors as well. Nvidia drivers seem to cause this 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

A CTD or a shutdown anomaly can sometimes leave your sim config in an unstartable state, not to mention unruly add-on installers or the occasional fat-finger mistake.

I use Lorby-SI's freeware P3D Addon Manager to take a snapshot of my config environment after pretty much any config change.  The Backup feature is a one-click affair that makes a copy of the important config files in P3D, and restoring it back to that state is just as easy.  It's saved me from hours of butt pain more than a few times.

It only takes one go at trying to troubleshoot o a problem like this to see the HUGE value of that sort of backup tool.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case