Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

New Nvidia video drivers available.

14 hours ago, captain420 said:

Where is the performance panel? I just updated and can't find it.

I don't think folks are answering the right question. This is the new performance / overclocking panel:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-adds-new-gpu-monitoring-overlay-and-overclocking-features-to-geforce-experience

You need to enable experimental features and enable the overlay

• Like 1

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. So you can overclock the GPU with this new performance panel and don't need to use MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision X app?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

So I am still on 452.06 and everything is A OK.  I go a Windows notification of a new driver this am.  For what reason should I consider the latest driver?

If you bought one of the new 3000 series cards, it is a good idea, otherwise not at all if your card works satisfactorily with the driver you have now, I use the driver that Nvidia optimized for MSFS at launch myself.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

21 hours ago, captain420 said:

Where is the performance panel? I just updated and can't find it. Don't trust GFE optimizing any games. 

image.png

Hi,

I find these "optimal" settings quite low. What is your video card model and CPU?

I'd very much be interested to know if you'd get any significant difference visually while not sacrificing performance and let us know how both compare when using the following settings instead:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/my-2070-super-4k-settings-and-suggestions-episode-2/272854

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello, my specs are listed below in my signature. Yes, when I saw what the optimal settings was, I was kinda shocked as to why they recommended such low settings. But then again, I assume that GFE is trying to recommed a 60+ fps performance in MSFS.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I assume that GFE is trying to recommed a 60+ fps performance in MSFS.

I didn't catch your signature, sorry. Now that I read your specs and if these settings are targeting 60fps, you're making me even more wanting to know whether you get much better visuals and no loss of fps (or maybe even more fps) using the settings I've recommended in the linked discussion !!

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I am currently using the Ultra preset settings in MSFS at 4K. With my render scaling at 120, I get good performance. about 30+ fps at the airport and then climbing to 40fps after take off and then once in the air it's 50+ fps. Tested this both in KLGA in NYC and EGLC in London at night with scattered clouds.

overclocking your Nvidia GPU with GeForce Experience.

NVIDIA_GeForce_Experience_v3.20.5.70 Beta

1 (Alt Z to display GFE in MSFS)

(check the experimental features box, click the triangle (open overlay).

qq8GalN.jpg

2 select Performance

3nPBqBC.jpg

3 GPU Clock readout

Enable automatic switch

See if it suggests a higher clock speed. Turn automatic switch back off if you don't like suggestion, it will reset GPU clock.

click the X top right of left panel to go back to main screen

(Thick orange circle is where you set parameters for overclocking and you can readout temps, power watts, voltage on the top scoreboard. As well as to what speed the GPU was overclocked).

6sX8sXA.jpg

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I looked for the performance controls, but apparently they are only available for 2xxx and 3xxx series GPUs.

One day........

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor