Sign in to follow this  
simon747

P3D 5.1 HDR

Hi,

I hope someone can answer my question.   I use P3D v5 with HDR off and like it that way (took along time to get something workable with the lighting that I am happy with) I also have EA on; is that still possible in 5.1 to have EA on and HDR off?

Cheers,

Simon

Simon

9 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Hi,

I hope someone can answer my question.   I use P3D v5 with HDR off and like it that way (took along time to get something workable with the lighting that I am happy with) I also have EA on; is that still possible in 5.1 to have EA on and HDR off?

Cheers,

Simon

Unfortunately not.

EA ON = HDR ON (Checkbox is visible but not usable with EA on).

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

6 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Unfortunately not.

EA ON = HDR ON (Checkbox is visible but not usable with EA on).

Marcus

dang...that is a deal breaker for me.  Not too happy as HDR looks pretty extreme...

• Like 1

Simon

7 minutes ago, simon747 said:

dang...that is a deal breaker for me.  Not too happy as HDR looks pretty extreme...

You can change the lighting settings to some degree with HDR, but I agree, it's quite dark, and brings back the blue issue with chrome finish on the NGu. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

1 minute ago, Jude Bradley said:

You can change the lighting settings to some degree with HDR, but I agree, it's quite dark, and brings back the blue issue with chrome finish on the NGu. 

Shame they changed the one thing that allowed me to get used to EA...HDR off.

• Like 1

Simon

I am no great techie - but I just wonder if your monitors are HDR capable.

Developers are moving very much to products that are 4K and HDR10 capable

and this latest sim is an example with the DX 12 capability 

I noticed these things when I was using HD but since now using 4K HDR 10 for 

V5 - there is an improvement in the graphics --- Just a thought !!

8 hours ago, jaytee73 said:

I don't think the reason aircraft look dark at the moment is because P3D v5.1 is optimized for HDR displays. HDR displays are not common at the moment. I think its more because aircraft developers should update their textures for the changes of P3D v5.1 

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

On 10/30/2020 at 8:42 AM, simon747 said:

Hi,

Cheers,

Simon

Hi.

You may want to comment on this topic and request that EA can be used again without HDR.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=140046

Regards.

• Upvote 1

Thanks; I added to that thread over at Prepar3d Fourms,  should be able to turn HDR off in EA mode....geez!  That's a downgrade...

Edited by simon747
  • Like 1

Simon

Look for HDR=1 and change to HDR=0

in Prepar3d.cfg file

From a stuttering mess on in EA to pretty smooth.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yup you can use EA on with HDR off as stated above, it's a simple .cfg file edit. The only issue I've found so far is the sun becomes a bit transparent towards sunset/sunrise, a sacrifice well worth it imo 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 1:13 PM, 40track said:

Look for HDR=1 and change to HDR=0

in Prepar3d.cfg file

From a stuttering mess on in EA to pretty smooth.

Thanks.  Good to hear!  Will give that a test.

Simon

On 1/21/2021 at 2:26 PM, CaptainIronside said:

Yup you can use EA on with HDR off as stated above, it's a simple .cfg file edit. The only issue I've found so far is the sun becomes a bit transparent towards sunset/sunrise, a sacrifice well worth it imo 

Thanks.

Will give that a try.

Simon

Simon

On 10/31/2020 at 3:01 PM, jaytee73 said:

P3Ds “HDR” isn’t actually real HDR. I have a HDR monitor and the P3D app never sends an HDR signal to the screen. When in windowed mode and with HDR enabled in windows, the OS sends an HDR signal, but the P3D content is unchanged. Think of it as a video effect, rather then a HDR10 signal. 

• Like 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^