Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Strange Building and Tree Textures

If you look at the 10-asobo_species.xml file you notice tree height will vary greatly for each species. And of course the taller they are, the wider. And this makes for a realistic forest. But not a realistic city scape where everyone in real life trims their trees so they don't for instance hang out over the sidewalk and street (or runways!)

The best cure is to reduce the sizes of min and max for every vegetation from bushes to trees in that one file. The tree mods posted online do not reduce the amounts enough in my opinion, so I manually made my own, pruning the allowable sizes even more. Takes about 5 or 10 minutes.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Sometimes one gets a tree where one does not want a tree... This was at KSLC. Forgot which gate...

...jim

TreeInSaltLake.jpg

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

2 hours ago, JimBrown said:

Sometimes one gets a tree where one does not want a tree... This was at KSLC. Forgot which gate...

...jim

TreeInSaltLake.jpg

Either that was after one of my typical landings or Xmas came early so turn on all the lights! 🙂

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Out of curiosity has this been fixed at all?  I haven’t seen much of an improvement but thought I’d ask the experts! 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Nope, still triangle looking buildings. I can’t fly over London City as everything looks melted. I hear no discussion about potential improvements

Was flying over New York just las t weekend and it looked perfect.  Flew over it tonight ...melted. I had just set up my G-Sync compatible so I cant say I hadn't changed anything, but I don't think that would have done this? Especially since many others seem to be experiencing too? 

Terry

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

I got this error message yesterday "Not enough bandwidth for photogrammetry do you wish to turn off photogrammetry?"  or words to that effect. Never seen that before but maybe it has something to do with melted buildings. However I  checked my unlimited data fibre connection and running at 90 mbs which is near full speed.  Not fast by todays standards but the best most of us can get in Australia.  

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

8 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

I got this error message yesterday "Not enough bandwidth for photogrammetry do you wish to turn off photogrammetry?"  or words to that effect. Never seen that before but maybe it has something to do with melted buildings. However I  checked my unlimited data fibre connection and running at 90 mbs which is near full speed.  Not fast by todays standards but the best most of us can get in Australia.  

Bruce

Over the Tassie here and I'm operating on 5Mbps! But that is a specified minimum in the MSFS specs and it does work fine, so I don't think either yours or my data speeds are to do with it. Hit New York again last night with 5Mbps and it was fine, no melted buildings, so I'm thinking there are some data blockages further up the chain causing this from time to time, say overloaded MS servers?  

Terry

• Like 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.