Sign in to follow this  
jon b

Yoke Feedback

I use my Fulcrum One yoke in VR and use the Valve Index controllers so I only a couple of fingers to fly and land.

The key is to keep the aircraft in trim and you will use finger tips not your whole hand as I was taught in flight training.

I also stream this on Twitch so you can see how I do this in my web cam.

Edited by SparkerInVR

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

Hello Chris and your Team,

got mine almost a week ago.

I'd like to give some feedback to your yoke.

It is even better than expected. It's so great flying with it (pitching and rolling are super smooth). Landings are so much fun now.

Furthermore, since I got it I realized how many buttons it has. That's so cool, I reassigned some customized-functions for using my saitek panels immediately.

And last but not least, I really like grabbing it and its buttons 😄. It feels like premium class.

In short, it is just perfect!

Thank you!

Edited by Eddi Piep
  • Like 2

I like to echo all the previous posts to this topic in saying what a great product this is. It’s a bit of a leap of faith when you have not tried it for yourself and having it shipped to the other side of the world. The feel of it in use is a wonder to behold. So glad to have mine now and looking forward to my flying improving as a result.

Great job. Really looking forward to the TQ.

• Like 1

So, I need to add my feelings to this thread too.  The yoke came well packaged, was easy to install.  The only problem I had setting it up was realising my existing (lesser) controllers were interfering with it.  Even though they were not moving at all, they seemed to cause axis jumps, probably because they have deteriorated over the years.  Once that was overcome, the yoke performed smoothly and perfectly.

It just feels heavy and responsive, you can't deny the quality when compared to a plastic box.

Very happy with my purchase, I can feel my flying will be a lot more enjoyable now, it's like going from a Trabant to a Jaguar 🙂

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

@kevinfirth, try the WD40 test. Pull it all the way back and release. If it only moves forward then back then forward again it could do with a spray.

WD40 Dry PTFE available from Euro Car Parts. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

@Ray Proudfoot Sounds like Kevin was only having issues with other controllers causing conflicts with the Fulcrum rather than it having any issue itself. "Heavy and responsive" tells me he's complimenting its performance. No need for the WD40 yet!😉

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

5 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

@Ray Proudfoot Sounds like Kevin was only having issues with other controllers causing conflicts with the Fulcrum rather than it having any issue itself. "Heavy and responsive" tells me he's complimenting its performance. No need for the WD40 yet!😉

Bang on, heavy it is due to its metal construction (as @Ray Proudfoot definitely understands!) and responsive it certainly is.  The yoke movements virtually exactly match the A2A PA28 on-screen, every tiny movement 🙂

I'd never had any conflicts between my existing legacy controllers, but it was clear from examining the fulcrum in Windows devices that it was not faulty.  I can only assume the much greater granularity of the Fulcrum's range, caused the problem to be revealed.  Anyhow it was an easy fix 🙂

8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@kevinfirth, try the WD40 test. Pull it all the way back and release. If it only moves forward then back then forward again it could do with a spray.

WD40 Dry PTFE available from Euro Car Parts. 👍

Tested initially straight away, it springs back and forward several times 🙂

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

6 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

Sounds like Kevin was only having issues with other controllers causing conflicts with the Fulcrum rather than it having any issue itself. "Heavy and responsive" tells me he's complimenting its performance. No need for the WD40 yet!

I only suggested WD40 as it lessened friction on mine. I watched Chris’s video and mine definitely had more friction. Sounds like it may have had some applied before dispatch.

30 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Tested initially straight away, it springs back and forward several times 🙂

Excellent! 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

31 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sounds like it may have had some applied before dispatch.

Have to await @tutmeisters confirmation on that....

xaP1VAU.png

My yoke is still going well 6 months down the track. 

I did need to put a bigger grub screw on the yoke handle mount, as I remove my yoke handle when not flying, often several times a day, and the supplied one did not cope with that sort of regular re-tightening,  but for most people that just leave the yoke permanently mounted that will be a total non-issue.

Overall a fantastic yoke and incredibly good value for money.  Highly recommended,

I've had mine for about a year now - still absolutely thrilled to have it ! It's just in a class of it's own when compared to the plastic class of yokes like the Logitech and Honeycomb. Haven't had the chance to try out a Yoko+ which I imagine to be comparable (but more than twice as expensive!) or feedback enhanced yokes like the Brunner but I would say that it is unique at its price point.

Definitely a lot of value for money. Can recommend it without caveat.

I was also looking at the Kickstarter of the Bravo quadrant, but that lacks sufficient other dials & knobs for me so I will stick to my Honeycomb Bravo Q because I currently have no other input devices (save for the rudder) set for SimFlying - and it is supposed to all fit on the Yaw 2 motion chair I am expecting to receive next month, so I cannot fit an extensive cockpit.

But I hope that hand-tracking in VR will be implemented in MSFS at some stage when it is supported by the VR headsets which will make it superior for me because I can then flip switches where I see them. Add some haptic glove or fingertip-covers and voila, I might end up having a really neat sim experience to go with my real life training on a C172.