Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

X-plane deletion

If you only knew what I knew, @tonywob
I got stuff on x-plane.org that'll make reddit look like a walk in the park.  Some of it particularly disturbing.

But we won't go into that here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoranM said:

I got stuff on x-plane.org that'll make reddit look like a walk in the park.

So that's now an x-aviation.com vs xplane.org battle? 🙃

Like if x-aviation did not have some huge skeletons in the closet

2 minutes ago, peroni said:

So that's now an x-aviation.com vs xplane.org battle? 🙃

Like if x-aviation did not have some huge skeletons in the closet

What do you say we drop it?  Because whatever skeletons XA has (none that I'm aware of), they pale in comparison to the information I know.

The question is do you want your account and its associated posts to be deleted, or is there even more? Perhaps content that they refuse to remove?

I once asked in another forum to delete my posts, they refused it as it was stated in their terms and conditions. I created my account long before there was such a point in their terms and conditions. In the end I just let it be, there would have been so much struggling for non-sense and luckelywise there was no personal information. For them, it`s about advertising, if half of the posts are missing, many answers might miss, too.

It was about the money for them. Unfortunately Internet is a dirty bussiness these days, smartphones even ten times more. If I were you and there is no personal information, I would stop dealing with them. All personal information these days, including biometrics from photos gets collected in large servers, internet data and telephone calls get saved for 10 years. Official government trojan and viruses spy everyone`s PC. I even heard about people that were working in the telecommunications industries, when they got bored, they spied telephone calling just to pass their time.

At least you know for the future to better take care.

27 minutes ago, GoranM said:

skeletons XA has (none that I'm aware of)

I was wandering around those parts looking for things to buy the other day.

This post saved me from spending a lot money

f4fulwQ.png

So I said thank you.

Contrary to Janovs and colleagues assertions to anyone wondering how to see your house in X-Plane. Its not brain surgery and actually a lot of fun. X-Plane is really a heaven for the tinkerers, and that isn't a bad thing in any way. 

AutoATC Developer

24 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I was wandering around those parts looking for things to buy the other day.

This post saved me from spending a lot money

f4fulwQ.png

So I said thank you.

Contrary to Janovs and colleagues assertions to anyone wondering how to see your house in X-Plane. Its not brain surgery and actually a lot of fun. X-Plane is really a heaven for the tinkerers, and that isn't a bad thing in any way. 

I do admire the work you've done on the 747.  And it would be nice for developers to get along.  But if you're going to post things like this to try to discredit X-Aviation, at least post enough so people can get some context.  A link to the actual thread, for example.  Not a convenient (for you) screenshot.

I'll spare you the effort and post the link for you.
Remember, just because someone is a customer, does not give them a license to be rude and disrespectful.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I do admire the work you've done on the 747.  But if you're going to post things like this to try to discredit X-Aviation, at least post enough so people can get some context.  A link to the actual thread, for example.  Not a convenient (for you) screenshot.

Doesn't need me, these guys are doing it all on their own.

Does ANYBODY cares about support the customers on X Aviation????

https://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/19353-does-anybody-cares-about-support-the-customers-on-x-aviation/?tab=comments#comment-158473

Answer: No.

AutoATC Developer

If you check my post, I already posted a link to the beginning of the thread.  Not the end (like you did).

Perhaps, some day, the different publishing houses and developers can all get along.  One can only hope.

Edited by GoranM

4 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Perhaps, some day, the different publishing houses and developers can all get along.  One can only hope.

My #1 wish for XP12 is an embedded decent marketplace, with "can try, fly and buy" this plane security embedded in XP (preferably with referral payments).

Then all these scammers can wither away.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

And just who are you labelling "scammers"?  And I hope you have some kind evidence to back up that rather serious accusation.

Edited by GoranM

12 minutes ago, GoranM said:

And just who are you labelling "scammers"?  And I hope you have some kind evidence to back up that rather serious accusation.

Any store that sells support and doesn't provide it, sells products that are abandonware by the developer and cannot be activated but don't give refunds, or break every trading law in the book by running a policy of buy before you try no refunds.

->All of them that I have come across so far, except steam - which doesn't actually have anything worth buying.

Yes I think its serious, yes I think people "deleting their account" when they learn the hard way isn't going to solve it.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Goran, it´s not worth it 😉.

mSparks lives to antagonize. If you say the sun rises in the east, he will say west. Or vice versa, it doesn´t matter. He will always take the opposing side and he will never stop going back and forth. Save yourself the trouble. Most people smile knowingly when they read his posts... just read some of his anti-MSFS posts of this summer, he loves driving people up the wall 😉

We both know that we man the forums at X-Aviation.com pretty much 24/7 to help our customers and provide support for our products.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Janov said:

Goran, it´s not worth it 😉.

mSparks lives to antagonize. If you say the sun rises in the east, he will say west. Or vice versa, it doesn´t matter. He will always take the opposing side and he will never stop going back and forth. Save yourself the trouble. Most people smile knowingly when they read his posts... just read some of his anti-MSFS posts of this summer, he loves driving people up the wall 😉

We both know that we man the forums at X-Aviation.com pretty much 24/7 to help our customers and provide support for our products.

Cheers, Jan

Or I dont have a vested interest in defending the items in the sickening bag of infamy such as...

and

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

@mSparks think its time we locked this... Not ever one has issues with them and mind you there is plenty of stuff on the org that shouldnt be there either.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1