Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Simobjects through fog-Aerosoft addons-Please reply at them

31 minutes ago, simbol said:

suddenly MSFS came out of nowhere with no warnings (June 9, 2019) and cut all your sales since pretty much last year.. you had no SDK until MSFS was out.. then when it finally came out, you discover such SDK is still incomplete.. your savings are depleting, your family is starving.. what would you do?

Thanks for your honest message.

My opinion is LM should be upfront about known issues in v5+. Apparantly this was identified in betatesting?

FT EKCH was released in spring of 2020, developed by a very talented group. It looks like cr*p in v5.1 in OVC conditions. Now somewhere LM need to tread very carefully since their vanilla product is depending on enhancements to attract us (the buyers) and be very cautious about changes in visual representation so us (the buyers) can enjoy our products.  I'm sorry but this is the backside when your base platform can not compete stand-alone. 

6 months since v5, and active sky still gives us unrealistic weather shifts in cloud scapes in EA. So much lost potential.

I am a big fan of this Sim. Bought every version since v2. But I am getting quite annoyed by the recent half-baked releases and post hotfixes. it's bad with MSFS, should not have to be this way with the much more mature P3D franchise.

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

14 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

MK-Studio's under Orbx distribution just released Helsinki for P3D that has PBR and Dynamic Lights and possibly material scripting and sloped runway/taxiway support.  I have to check it out, looks great from the screenshots.  The only thing it seems to be missing is "SpeedTrees" (Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation) ... if they replaced the grass strips with SpeedTree grass it would look fantastic and inherit PBR for the grass.  I think the reason many developers have avoided SpeedTree usage is the cost of the SDK ($6000 per head) ... there is certainly plenty of opportunity to improve on LM's default set of SpeedTrees.

Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation responds to wind speed and direction, fully volumetric, seasonal support, even responds to rotor wash from helicopters ... it's sadly another P3D feature not used by 3rd party.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/mkstudios-efhk?mc_cid=d8e4ed3002&mc_eid=387cb343b7

Cheers, Rob.

Fyi I opened a own thread dedicated to EFHK

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/589206-efhk-mkstudios-released-and-it-looks-stunning/

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

8 hours ago, simbol said:

The system will balance it self out.. 

S.

Sounds like a line from Yoda.

Eric 

LM's implementation of Speedtrees is nowhere near as realistic as the vegetation is in MSFS. The ST colors are way too bright. I've posted before that it's easy to tone down the colors with Photoshop, but that shouldn't be the responsibility of every user to do so. At least the 3D trees in P3d5 are a lot better than the billboard trees in FSX and XP11.

BTW, it is possible to place Speedtrees on airports with ADE. No SDK required.

A developer using billboard trees can just use a season switcher. That's what Flightbeam does with its airports and the same approach would work with ST.

1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Not sure I understand you, it already is?  Seasonal switch is automatic in P3D and FSX.  Material scripting in P3D adds to that with textures based on weather conditions ... of course if the 3rd party developer doesn't implement these features available to them, then it's not going to happen.

SpeedTrees (aka P3D Dynamic 3D Autogen vegetation) is used by many games and even film:

The potential is there and supported in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

I think he means some addons you have to switch the season manually via a config-tool. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

59 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Not sure I understand you, it already is?  Seasonal switch is automatic in P3D and FSX.  Material scripting in P3D adds to that with textures based on weather conditions ... of course if the 3rd party developer doesn't implement these features available to them, then it's not going to happen.

Lots of Flightbeam and Flytampa require seasonal click to change textures based on weather.  It is one extra thing to click prior to running P3D.

Don't get me started on Flightbeam half baked solution of scenery install (using external xml method with in sim root directory) etc ---- we are definitely making this thread go into another tangent lol.

Looking forward to 5.1HF1 release - Rob, please convince LM to release it today.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

30 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

If P3D material scripting was used it wouldn't be necessary to have a config-tool for "seasons" (maybe for other options focused on performance) and can be handled automatically ... again another P3D feature not utilized by many 3rd party airport developers.  

Any estimate when this will come out? https://simhorizon.com/product/khio-airport-p3d-v4-4/ Will it use all the features available to scenery devs?

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

SpeedTrees (aka P3D Dynamic 3D Autogen vegetation) is used by many games and even film:

The potential is there and supported in P3D ... has been for a LONG time going back to P3D V3.

Cheers, Rob.

This looks so nice! I never knew P3D could support SpeedTrees to that extent. It is really shocking and sad that no developer has used this beauty. Just wondering, is the SDK for it openly available? I would love to give it a try and see what can be achieved.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

There is a Speedtrees SDK for indie developers but it is not compatible with P3d. Also, it's the implementation of ST in P3d5 that ruins the immersion. DCS World uses ST they look much more natural. ST in P3d5 is implemented just like Nvidia WaveWorks and trueSky. Promising features that are still unfulfilled.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

There is a Speedtrees SDK for indie developers but it is not compatible with P3d. Also, it's the implementation of ST in P3d5 that ruins the immersion. DCS World uses ST they look much more natural. ST in P3d5 is implemented just like Nvidia WaveWorks and trueSky. Promising features that are still unfulfilled.

This is a classic case of OP/UD - Over Promise; Under Deliver 😉 🤣

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I'm confused RE: what's being argued about over Speedtree... you turn it on in P3D, and it looks like radioactive garbage. It's terrible. When they implemented it, was there some expectation that a 3PD would come in and clean up LM's mess? I guess that makes sense, given their track record. 

Edited by Chapstick

Sorry Rob, you know I usually respect your opinion, but you're way off base on this. Chapstick is correct. BTW, I was referring to ST for Lumberyard, but here's a new indie ST product:

https://store.speedtree.com/store/speedtree-games-indie/

Only $999. Whether this is compatible with P3d, you'd have to ask LM. I suspect it isn't.