Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Live weather working? 11/0056z?

In addition to the bug that was creating excessive lightning, Live weather has been working since release for me as long I stay in Sweden, I live about 25km from the airport I fly from in the sim and live weather have been quite accurate.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I just tested live weather here at EGNX, overcast. In the sim.....overcast, looks perfect to IRL.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I just had this problem for the first time ever right after the v1.10.11.0 update today. 

Had to restart the sim - in fact I had to reboot the PC as the restart froze on the 'black with white border' pre-loading screen (symptom of same problem perhaps ?).

After reboot and re-start all the weather came back as normal. 

I'm sitting at KAGS, Augusta, Georgia, USA, and the live weather is the best match I can recall.  And even ATIS is good on ceiling, visibility (finally), temp, and altimeter.  The only variable that ATIS is off on is dewpoint.  Live wx is temp 24, DP 22.  ATIS reports DP as 10.  Clouds and visibility in the sim are representative of live wx.  The only bugaboo is still thunder and lightening.  There is rain in the area per live radar, but no reported thunderstorms.  Nearest lightening strikes are 100 miles W. Sitting here I am getting frequent thunder and lightening.  Does not seem as relentless as I have experienced before.  But still over done in terms of frequency.

Backed out and went to my own home airport KESN.  Weather depicted in the sim is representative of real weather here.  ATIS is not correct.  Reporting representative winds, temp, visibility. and somewhat close on pressure.  But clouds are reported exactly the same as KAGS 300 miles away.  And dewpoint reported as 10 here also.  So at two airports the live weather seems good.  But ATIS still flawed on some variables.

Loaded and started weather synthesis in REX Weather Force and it is more accurate here at KESN.  Winds spot on, not just close.  Altimeter spot on.  Cloud layers look about the same.  No change with the ATIS flaws.  

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Still after this update there is constant thunder everywhere with live weather....

How hard is it to fix it ????

Live weather is working, but poorly implemented. Pics are KCLT where it's currently raining and not the least bit foggy.

CLT-rain.jpg

Rain shows on the windshield. Visibility is poor, overdone, and unrealistic.

CLT-rain-2.jpg

Fog is heavy like this in seemingly most rain in this sim.

CLT-rain-3.jpg

Also, no wetness shown on the ground or outside of plane. Maybe it's the AMD drivers, not sure.

1 hour ago, Concorde79 said:

Still after this update there is constant thunder everywhere with live weather....

How hard is it to fix it ????

I took a 1 1/2h flight last night and flew through various cloud conditions without a hint of thunder or lightning. It may still need some work but it’s far better than it was.

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

the last days the live weather is not working. sometimes if i restart the sim i got a live weather but not always. 🤬

7 hours ago, MelanieTV said:

the last days the live weather is not working. sometimes if i restart the sim i got a live weather but not always. 🤬

I have never had it work consistently.  There is a new post in the MSFS Tips and Tricks forum here with a sequence in the sim that may get accurate weather.  I have not taken the opportunity to try it yet.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I had pretty spot on flights in Asia, around Taiwan and Japan. Jetstreams were on point, as were the winds. But I got to admit it is a hit or miss.

imyj2f-5.png