Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Live weather working? 11/0056z?

I've tried live weather at a bunch of different airports in the US and everything is clear, no wind and 29.92

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

8 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I've tried live weather at a bunch of different airports in the US and everything is clear, no wind and 29.92

Ryan,

Live weather is working for me but it's not accurate. I was set up at Ohare where they were having thunderstorms. There was cloud cover but it was broken. There was no rain and no thunderstorms. The altimeter was also off but I don't think that is unusual.

NAX669.png

18 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

It was working on my end earlier today. Not fully accurate, but better that clear skies.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

My live weather from day one has not been correct. What I see visually and what the ATIS tells me and what the real METAR is at the airport are usually all three different things. I'm confident it will get more attention once the high priority fixes are worked out.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

23 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

My live weather from day one has not been correct. What I see visually and what the ATIS tells me and what the real METAR is at the airport are usually all three different things. I'm confident it will get more attention once the high priority fixes are worked out.

Mine hasn't either but now its just like the server is down.  2992 and CLR or SKC everywhere

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Same issue here with the clear wx everywhere, started a few weeks ago.  Have found that I actually need to close completely and restart the sim to get it working.  It never works when starting the sim the first time on any given day.  Such a shame bc it was working great for awhile there.

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Same here Ryan all weather is clear no clouds - oh well maybe someday they will be able to resolve issues instead of xbox dah - how can xbox do what a pc can - not happening - makes no sense to me - xbox scenery sim I guess

Rich Sennett

Live weather is a bit of a hit or miss for me. I hope they address this soon finally once and for all. 29.92 every time I change airports. Even sometimes when I load the sim for the 1st time it'll show 29.92.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Live weather had been working perfectly for me since the last patch. Even the bug where live weather would not load after returning to the world map to load another flight had been fixed. That bug has now returned with update 6 for me. I now have to once again exit the simulator entirely for live weather to work for another flight because it only works the first time I load the sim.

Esteban J. Aldarondo \\ CFI, CFII, MEI, Gold Seal \\ ATP \\ CL-65

System: Windows 10 Pro x64 \\ Intel i7-5930K 3.5Ghz \\ GeForce GTX 2080Ti \\ System RAM 48GB DDR4

Weather working here - again better accuracy in some locations than others, but definitely getting a wide range of conditions and precipitation. Less lightning is a bonus.  

Perhaps confirm the sim servers on the main page? I did have to manually set one closer than what was auto-selected.

Confirmed teredo is working?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Mine hasn't either but now its just like the server is down.  2992 and CLR or SKC everywhere

I was flying in New Mexico about an hour ago, same deal.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yep, same here. Using Unreal Weather at the moment.

I've suffered from day one with regards to "live weather" never working right. What I mean is the clear skies bug. Some weather is better than nothing.

I hope that ASOBO starts making this a priority. To me this is more important than airliners.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

the clouds seems ok for me if i look out from my window.

temp 2c ok , wind 270/02 shouldbe 210/03 QNH 1023 should be 1025 aits 60feet diferance asame as before

Hope they sort this out its important for online flying , and were the other get it right with ActiveSky 

offtopik the Navblue uppdate is missing lot of approches still.