Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RJC68

Best use of a tablet ever

I use FS-FlightControl. I use to use it with a tablet but I've since decided to rotate my second monitor and display it on that one in portrait mode. FSflightcontrol allows controlling most switches, ATC, radio Stacks, etc. from it in addition to it's Flight Planner and live map. Here's what it looks like at a screenshot. The plane is my main 2k display and FS-flightcontrol is running on my second monitor in portrait mode where I usually have the Radio Controls up to use.

blayp9in_t.png

James

2 hours ago, Richdem said:

The instructions above were to get a basic button to turn landing lights on

The purple section allows you to chooses which icon you want for the button state, it is under the visuals category. You have one icon for "Off" and another for "On"

Of course you have to have an icon pack that has these.

Also have you made rules in your firewall to allow Tourch-Portal through ?

yes I have added a rule for Touch Portal in the firewall settings. The bottom right go the TP program says 'Connected to IOS' with a green light. Still nothing happens but thanks for your suggestions.

John

3 hours ago, Dutch1 said:

Cool, i was able to duplicate you set up flow from the picture, took me awhile, lots of trail and error..lol. I used for gear up and gear down. Green for gear down, red for gear up.

Thanks so much

Can you please tell me how you got it to work? I have watched all the videos and tutorials at Touch Portal. I believe I'v created a button to turn landing lights on but when I press it nothing happens. Thanks for any help!

John

4 minutes ago, johnh1984 said:

Can you please tell me how you got it to work? I have watched all the videos and tutorials at Touch Portal. I believe I'v created a button to turn landing lights on but when I press it nothing happens. Thanks for any help!

John

John, have you gotten any bottom to work. My connected first time from my tablet. Sounds like yours is connecting with PC. I’m using a iPad. I started out simple just to test. I programmed the landing gear . Let me ask you this, on the PC do you keep TP open and minimized and then start MS2020 then your tablet? Not sure if it needs to be in that order, but the main thing all are open. Let me know.... I’ll stand by

I am using an iPad and when I created a test button to open a folder it worked fine. When I create a button for gear toggle 'G' nothing happens. I have tried starting FS2020 then Touch Portal (minimized )and the other way with TP first, nothing. I have added both Java and TP to the firewall settings. Thanks for the reply!

John

5 minutes ago, johnh1984 said:

I am using an iPad and when I created a test button to open a folder it worked fine. When I create a button for gear toggle 'G' nothing happens. I have tried starting FS2020 then Touch Portal (minimized )and the other way with TP first, nothing. I have added both Java and TP to the firewall settings. Thanks for the reply!

John

So we know it connects to you PC, just not MS2020....I’m no expert what so ever, but try this. Open MS2020, choose a plane and start on the RW, that way it’s all ready to go.Then make sure that you G on your keyboard works for the gear. .... let me know

Just tried that, plane on runway, TP minimized, took off pressed 'G' on iPad and nothing? Oh well thanks for trying to help!

J

2 hours ago, johnh1984 said:

Just tried that, plane on runway, TP minimized, took off pressed 'G' on iPad and nothing? Oh well thanks for trying to help!

J

I haven't read thru this entire thread, but try manually starting Touch Portal in Admin mode if you haven't tried that.

Al

7 hours ago, johnh1984 said:

J

Have you tried their Discord for support?

You have to be missing something, I’ve got this working with MSFS and I programmed the entire overhead panel pretty much in the Zibo 737.

are you able to post a screen shot of the button flow like I did previously so we can take a look.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I removed everything and started over, added TP and Java to win 10 firewall, started TP by right clicking and run as admin, programmed a simple Gear toggle using 'G' and IT WORKED! Now the fun starts.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

John (CYYZ)

19 hours ago, johnh1984 said:

I removed everything and started over, added TP and Java to win 10 firewall, started TP by right clicking and run as admin, programmed a simple Gear toggle using 'G' and IT WORKED! Now the fun starts.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

John (CYYZ)

Great news John,

I didn’t realize you were so close, I would’ve come over and helped you LOL

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

On 11/11/2020 at 6:49 PM, Alvega said:

I use Matric with Android. They have some templates for MSFS ready for download. 3 images from one of them.

IMG-20201111-203903.jpg

IMG-20201111-203925.jpg

IMG-20201111-204026.jpg

I just got Matric and like the look of it.  I can't find any way to make it a landscape orientation.  Anyone solved that yet?

Dave

OK. Found it by clicking on Pages and the clicking on Default Page bar.  Just getting the hang of the interface.

Dave

1 hour ago, dlh said:

I just got Matric and like the look of it.  I can't find any way to make it a landscape orientation.  Anyone solved that yet?

Dave

Hi, 

In the page properties change the row and column count as required. 

I have just uploaded a design to their portal. Search MSFS by Dazzlercee. 

Just now, Dazzlercee23 said:

Hi, 

In the page properties change the row and column count as required. 

I have just uploaded a design to their portal. Search MSFS by Dazzlercee. 

Thanks.  I kept looking for Page properties in the wrong places.

To use an expression I just discovered in this forum,  it was a PEBCAK error.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.