Sign in to follow this  
OSM

10 Propeller Mods for the FS2020 Standard Edition: NEW!

1 hour ago, overt said:

OSM, there's no reason why these wont work in the community folder, unless there is another mod that replaces the same files, and then it is only a case of which takes priority.

I will definitely try this. I was hesitant to modify original files but if it can be done in the Community Folder that would be great!

Thanks for the idea, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 hours ago, overt said:

OSM, there's no reason why these wont work in the community folder, unless there is another mod that replaces the same files, and then it is only a case of which takes priority.

You just need to make a folder for you mod (eg. G36-prop-mod) within which you recreate the official folder structure, SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36\TEXTURE....

But wouldn't this interfere with mods such as the G36 project or Turbo Bonanza mod?

• Like 1

James

5 hours ago, overt said:

"Another mod" - this is the main reason why I don't  propose to use Community folder. One day any of the mentioned above airplanes could have Another Mod and will be "mods conflict" and I don't know how to solve it yet.

Edited by OSM

3 hours ago, BIGSKY said:

Thank you for your efforts,but there should be zero strobe effect,from the cockpit,like the stock Caravan. There is no strobe interaction between the human eyeball and a prop disc.

You are absolutely right. I have left minor propeller "strobe effect" just for the game and imagination purposes.

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alvega said:

Looks nice but I'm not going to replace default files. That's what messes up the sim updates later making people have to download 20.000% and stuff like that.

That is what I want to check with my all 10 modded airplanes. 😃

I have changed default files and it has never messed up any of my updates.  They have been over-written occasionally but no other issues up to now. 👍

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I have changed default files and it has never messed up any of my updates.  They have been over-written occasionally but no other issues up to now. 👍

Thank you very much bobcat999! This is an important information!!!

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Really? This was posted by you on the update thread:

Other than that, I am wondering why I had to download gigs of data, as there are no meaningful changes that I see. Performance is the same.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

Really? This was posted by you on the update thread:

Other than that, I am wondering why I had to download gigs of data, as there are no meaningful changes that I see. Performance is the same.

Yes, Alvega, but those same Gigabytes were also downloaded by everyone else, I was just saying that why did we all have to download GB's of data for such small changes.  I have since found out it was probably the updated database for the nav data.

My own changes to files in the Official folder are very small and mainly Kilobytes. 
Things such as custom paint chips to alter the colours of the aircraft, or changing a few lines of code to alter tree sizes etc. 
On occasion I have had to re-apply some of them after an update maybe where MS/Asobo have updated them.

However, as I have stated, even when they get over-written, the main thing is even when this has happened, it has not created any problems at all when I have updated, and there is no reason why it should for these types of things.
It is only when you start messing with the interactions between modified and MS/Asobo files that you can expect problems.  E.g. A32X mod.

These prop texture mods are 'one-shot' and stand-alone solutions. 
If The MS/Asobo updater needs to update these in the future, it will simply over-write them, and there is no reason why that should fail unless you protect them from deletion (which would be a stupid thing to do).  If they are not on their update list, it will simply ignore them and move on, unless you do a 'repair install' of course. 

I do agree putting all mods in the Community folder is still the best way of course, as that is what it is there for, but there are some complications with one mod obliterating the other sometimes, as we know. 🙂

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

I do agree putting all mods in the Community folder is still the best way of course, as that is what it is there for, but there are some complications with one mod obliterating the other sometimes, as we know. 🙂

Here are all 10 Propeller Mods to use with the Community Folder - Prop_MODS_Community

DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk!
The use of the downloaded modded texture files is done at your own discretion and risk and with agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from such activities.
This Mod can be used by anybody as they see fit without any restrictions.

10 Propeller Mods for the FS2020 Standard Edition to use with the Community Folder:

Prop_MOD_bonanza-g36
Prop_MOD_c152
Prop_MOD_c172sp-as1000
Prop_MOD_cap10c
Prop_MOD_da40-ng
Prop_MOD_e330
Prop_MOD_kingair350
Prop_MOD_savage-cub
Prop_MOD_vl3
Prop_MOD_xcub

- To Install: unzip, copy and paste any Prop_MOD folder to the FS2020 Community Folder.
- To Uninstall: delete Prop_MOD folder from the FS2020 Community Folder.

All Credits to OVERT for his detailed instructions how to make this mod compatible with the Community Folder!!!

Edited by OSM
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, OSM said:

Here is all 10 Propeller Mods to use with the Community Folder - Prop_MODS_Community

Thanks for this, much needed, and big improvement! Just tested in the JMB VL-3 and it's perfect; the light "strobe effect" is just right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OSM said:

Here is all 10 Propeller Mods to use with the Community Folder - Prop_MODS_Community

You're just great, thank you so much.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Superb work - thanks! 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes, Alvega, but those same Gigabytes were also downloaded by everyone else, I was just saying that why did we all have to download GB's of data for such small changes.  I have since found out it was probably the updated database for the nav data.

My own changes to files in the Official folder are very small and mainly Kilobytes. 

First you said you didn't have any problems with the updates, which was not true. Now you say everyone else had to download those same gigabytes, which is also not true. I didn't replace any default files and my download was 1.3GB. And I also have updated navdata.

It doesn't matter if the files changed are kilobytes or megabytes, the sim detects the changes and forces you to redownload lots of gigabytes again, sometimes even the whole sim. Happened to a friend of mine.

I told you what caused your problem with the update, if you don't accept keep doing it. I was just trying to help you. I'm out of this discussion.

Cheers.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 hours ago, OSM said:

Here are all 10 Propeller Mods to use with the Community Folder - Prop_MODS_Community

Thanks OSM, appreciate it!

• Like 1

Alvega