Sign in to follow this  
jlund

FlyByWire Q&A

The most complasent and greedy developer of them all is no doubt FSLabs, i have refunded their product because of customer support, i have never seen something THAT bad in terms of customer services and im really happy that FBW pick A320 just because that plane really will show FSLabs and their attitude where they belong...

1 hour ago, Car147 said:

This !! I feel it would be a benefit to all parties if there was greater communication between MS/  Asobo on projects like this... It can only be good for the whole community, and would likely even increase interest further in the sim.

Seems like a lot of people missed Asobo's explanation about the FBW A320 project in the Twitch Q&A from the end of September.  The reason was because Microsoft/Asobo needed to get permission and consent from Airbus on whether the FBW A320 project could be officially endorsed and if Airbus would endorse it, that would allow Microsoft/Asobo to officially devote some resources to helping & communicate with the FBW team.  If Airbus said no to the FBW A320 project and asked the FBW team to stop working on it, then Microsoft/Asobo would also have to ask the FBW team to stop working on it (or at least turn a blind eye to the project).

From the Twitch Q&A session, Asobo was really enthusiastic of the project itself (of course they would be, since it takes a lot of the pressure off of Asobo for making the A320 more "study level").  But it was always a matter of Microsoft/Asobo getting permission from Airbus.  It was always a matter of legality and the sticking point was always with Airbus accepting the FBW A320 project or not accepting it.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 hours ago, IcemanFBW said:

but I feel that over time, people in the community have become too comfortable with the idea that only payware aircraft can be good, and as a result many freeware developers believe they can't compete with them, and therefore don't try. As a result, payware aircraft dominate the ecosystem with prices that keep climbing beyond reason, it seems.

This is bang on.  I remember when I first dabbled in X-Plane I heard of the Zibo mod, but coming from P3D I couldn’t believe that as freeware it was as good as people said.  When I finally tried it I was blown away by how good it was and kicked myself for waiting so long to try it.

The FBW Airbus mod is wonderful and I look forward to seeing how it continues to develop.  If I could make one plug for a future development idea it would be compatibility with Skalarki Airbus hardware (even just the FCU as a start).  I’ve mentioned this to Skalarki (Marcin) and he said he was going to get in touch to see what’s possible.

• Like 3

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Seems like a lot of people missed Asobo's explanation about the FBW A320 project in the Twitch Q&A from the end of September.  The reason was because Microsoft/Asobo needed to get permission and consent from Airbus on whether the FBW A320 project could be officially endorsed and if Airbus would endorse it, that would allow Microsoft/Asobo to officially devote some resources to helping & communicate with the FBW team.  If Airbus said no to the FBW A320 project and asked the FBW team to stop working on it, then Microsoft/Asobo would also have to ask the FBW team to stop working on it (or at least turn a blind eye to the project).

I think a lot of us do know about this actually, but even with taking the COVID issue into account, it seems to be taking an awful long time.  They could at least keep us posted on the weekly blogs.

We can pass the buck to Airbus all we want, and they aren't always the quickest company (I have plenty of experience with them), but if they aren't showing much interest I would just go for it anyway.   

What can they do apart from complaint to MS/Asobo and ask them to stop cooperating with FBW - they won't be suing for money, and if they do, good luck with that one!  Lets face it, they would have to sue for 'accurate representation' rather than' misrepresentation'. 😄

And if they don't like it they shouldn't have let one of their aircraft be simulated in such an incomplete state to start with, so I don't know what their complaint would be if someone is actually making it infinitely better and/or more accurate.

As someone once said, it is sometimes easier to do it and ask for forgiveness afterwards, rather that to ask for permission first.  Publish and be damned I say! 😁 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I

What can they do apart from complaint to MS/Asobo and ask them to stop cooperating with FBW - they won't be suing for money, and if they do, good luck with that one!  Lets face it, they would have to sue for 'accurate representation' rather than' misrepresentation'. 😄

Obviously you have never experience a lawsuit! You would be surprised what lawyers can do! In case of Microsoft yes it is a big deal. This company has a lot of money a good treasure hunt for those who want a slice of the cake

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI