Sign in to follow this  
canadiantree

The day has come! RX 6800 / 6800xt avalable at 2 PM GMT

"Coming Soon" at BestBuy still

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

Buying high end computer tech has simply turned into a joke it seems.  Why did we even bother to try and get one at the retail outlets?  For me it was only for the entertainment factor....I had not real expectations that I'd get one....hope you all didn't either.

If you're not a bot it seems, you're not getting one today or in the next few weeks (unless the 3rd party vendors have been cranking out copies at an unreal rate)....ok...off to check EB and CL to see if the scalpers are already posting their pics of a successful buy with the $1800 starting bid.   Ridiculous. 

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

So what’s people’s thoughts on the second wave and realistic timeframes??

People's thoughts = "hopeful, but not counting my chickens"

Bots  = Awesome - new stock to "bot-ify" and make my master more more money

Scalpers = Man that bot I paid for is worth every penny!   Can't wait to rake in more dough from desperate twits that will pay me over double what I paid for it!

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Can't beat the bots. 

All I want is a video card with enough VRAM for P3D V5. Literally no one wants my money. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

People's thoughts = "hopeful, but not counting my chickens"

Bots  = Awesome - new stock to "bot-ify" and make my master more more money

Scalpers = Man that bot I paid for is worth every penny!   Can't wait to rake in more dough from desperate twits that will pay me over double what I paid for it!

It’s a good job I’m a tight sod! I’ll happily wait even though I did want one pretty bad, my f5 key is currently soaking in a cold bath!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carts85 said:

It’s a good job I’m a tight sod!

Even if I was Elon Musk's favorite nephew....I still would not pay a scalper one penny more than retail.  Its a matter of principle for me. 🙂  (I'm sure most everyone here as well).

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hehe.....was thinking of the title of this thread....we should ask the OP (if he can) or the Mods to rename it to "The day has come! RX 6800 / 6800xt available at 2 PM GMT....but only for .3 seconds after 2PM, and only if you're a BOT".

I submit that the original title is very misleading.....using that silly word....which is an oxymoron in the computer tech purchasing world....."available" (Yes I know the OP actually spelled it incorrectly....maybe on purpose in retrospect?) 🙂 

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

19 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe.....was thinking of the title of this thread....we should ask the OP (if he can) or the Mods to rename it to "The day has come! RX 6800 / 6800xt available at 2 PM GMT....but only for .3 seconds after 2PM, and only if you're a BOT".

I submit that the original title is very misleading.....using that silly word....which is an oxymoron in the computer tech purchasing world....."available" (Yes I know the OP actually spelled it incorrectly....maybe on purpose in retrospect?) 🙂 

Wasn't on purpose, can't seem to edit it

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

7 hours ago, canadiantree said:

Wasn't on purpose, can't seem to edit it

Yeah you can only edit it for a short time after creation. No worries....didn't think you did intentionally misspell it...was kidding around, like I usually do 🙂

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

On 11/18/2020 at 1:56 PM, Steve Dra said:

Such a sad state the PC parts world has come to.....scalpers and bots rule the pricing and stock parameters....if you guys don't get one....PLEASE do not go on ebay or CL and pay double for one...let's try to starve to scalpers to make it not worth the effort and maybe this will eventually stop. 😉 

Agreed. Scalpers are the lowest form of life. What hasn't been mentioned so far is a warranty if you buy from a scalper. The warranty normally only applies to the original purchaser and is not transferrable. So for those who cannot wait and pay stupid prices the chances are that if anything goes wrong you're on your own.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 11/21/2020 at 2:34 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Agreed. Scalpers are the lowest form of life. What hasn't been mentioned so far is a warranty if you buy from a scalper. The warranty normally only applies to the original purchaser and is not transferrable. So for those who cannot wait and pay stupid prices the chances are that if anything goes wrong you're on your own.

Ouch I never thought about that, non-transferable warranty.  They're down now to about $450 over retail for an RTX 3090.  I'm paranoid an AMD driver won't allow my Dell 3415W to do it's 30Hz magic which is done via NCP, and there is no mention in any specs for this screen that it can do 30Hz.  Waiting for a larger VRAM 3080 sounds fine but does anyone have a clue when that might happen?  I just asked NV chat if there is an ETA on 3090 FE models and the answer was no, no ETA.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Welp, I managed to get a Sapphire 6800 XT today for 849€. Not sure I will keep it to be honest. Do we have a clear answer on whose better between the 3080 and the 6800 XT for FS 2020? Some benchmarks on youtube give the 6800 XT a 5-7% edge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEWB_lODpNg&t=40s

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

24 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

Welp, I managed to get a Sapphire 6800 XT today for 849€. Not sure I will keep it to be honest. Do we have a clear answer on whose better between the 3080 and the 6800 XT for FS 2020? Some benchmarks on youtube give the 6800 XT a 5-7% edge...

I'm a little paranoid to go AMD because I require whatever GPU to be able to work w/ my 1440P screen to allow it to go 30Hz which the Nvidia Control Panel lets me do w/ my RTX 2070 Super.  Strangely the Dell 3415W states nowhere in its documentation that it is capable to doing 30Hz, so makes me consider maybe this is a function of the GPU and NvCP.   If you're screen can do 30hz w/ the 6800XT can you verify this for me?  Thanks

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

24 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

From everything I’ve seen the 3080 beats it at 4K... not drastic but 6-7fps improvement gap specifically for MSFS. I was set on the 6800XT before launch I thought that 16gb would be the big difference and was disappointed tbh. I’m just waiting it out now let’s see what TI models come in the next couple of months.