Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

Downgrade 5.1 - 5

So I made the huge mistake of upgrading to 5.1 but only the client portion. 

Do you know if I can downgrade to 5.0 without having to do a full reinstall of v5?

Thanks ! 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

From what I understand, you can go back to 5.0 by simply uninstalling the 5.1 client, then install the 5.0 client of your choice (5.0, 5.0 HF1 or 5.0 HF2), even if your content and scenery remain on 5.1. 

Don't forget to delete your shaders and Prepar3D.cfg to let them rebuild. If you don't delete anything else, you won't loose anything.

If using ASP3D RC1, make sure you revert to ASP3D Beta 8 version (RC1 is not compatible with P3D 5.0)

Normand

Intel i7 14700K @ 5.6 GHz / Asus ROG STRIX Z790E Wi-Fi / 32GB DDR5 6400 MHz / MSI RTX 4080 / PSU 1000 Watt / Microsoft Flight Simulator / Windows 11

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

So I made the huge mistake of upgrading to 5.1 but only the client portion. 

Do you know if I can downgrade to 5.0 without having to do a full reinstall of v5?

Thanks ! 

Hey Ron.  What kind of issues did you have?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

13 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Hey Ron.  What kind of issues did you have?

Dark Cockpit and Im getting CTD leaving some Airports and I had zero problems before. 

I think I'll wait until the fix 5.1 and then do a full install. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

yeah I hear you.  I'm holding at HF2 5.0 right now

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I too had CTD problems initially with 5.1...like you it was usually right after takeoff.  I went back and forth between 5.1 and 5.0 for several weeks until I found a fix on the PD3 forum that worked for me and I haven't had a CTD since.  Try adding the following line under the [SIM] heading in the Prepar3D.cfg file:

[SIM]
AdaptiveSimGroupEnable=False

5.1 is not dark to me but i did delete the shader folder when installing 5.1, installed the 3 main components and found it to bright had turn it down, have not re-applied shaders at this time. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Before downgrading : try the SIM tweak that pads 103 mentioned.

If you disable EA it should look like V5 but better optimized for performance.

Myself I am using EA and with V5.1+ 3090 I have all sliders at Max except for AG density (both Very Dense). No CTD’s on both pc’s.

Amsterdam%20overview%202%20-%20full%20+%

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Are you guys doing full installs? Maybe that's my problem 

Ron Hamilton

1 hour ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Are you guys doing full installs? Maybe that's my problem 

I did a full P3D uninstall (via windows programs and features) and full reinstall.

Prior the reinstall I deleted shaders, P3D.CFG file.

That´s all.

The "dark cockpits" is a known issue (Auto Exposure = defect) and will be updated, hopefully soon...

The CTD ucrtbase.dll, is also known due a defect simconnect....which will triggered by SODE, and others.

Thats why you have to put the extra line in your p3d.cfg as a work around. Also that should be fixed with the update.

I assume we will see the V5.1 HF within this or next week. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I did a full install as well.  I'm not using auto exposure so maybe that's why I don't have dark cockpits.

Ok thanks for the help guys. I think I’ll wait for the v5.1 hot fix and just use MSFS for now. 

Regards

Ron Hamilton

......and it’s released lol

Ron Hamilton