Sign in to follow this  
Apj

HELP! Orbx OpenLC Europe isnt working

ORBX's OpenLC Europe is just not working. I've tried Verifying files a thousand times and yet, no change. ORBX just wont respond to my post. They are a busy group, i get it. The tiles are all wrongly placed (overlapping, cutting off etc etc) and it looks horrible. There are some tiles missing as well which show up black. the street lights (2D) are placed on top, even during daytime. I have no idea on the order the sceneries should be placed in. I installed Base Pack, and then OLC. The third screenshot looks alright, but you can kinda see whats going on. The first one looks perfectly believable with OLC disabled, And the second one is how it looks overall.

This is just about a few miles south of Schipol (EHAM)

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

ApjYvgRlel.jpegLlwqiwI.jpegx9bZDO0.jpeg

Do you use v5 ? Then this is an extremely annoying and known ORBX problem (and your third picture is not any better). I'm not sure whether it is caused by EU OLC, after fresh v5 installation these anomalies appeared just after Global Base. And: GEN or GES do not make any difference. You might check similar threads on ORBX's P3Dv5 forum.

Regards, Fritz

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pegaso said:

Do you use v5 ? Then this is an extremely annoying and known ORBX problem (and your third picture is not any better). I'm not sure whether it is caused by EU OLC, after fresh v5 installation these anomalies appeared just after Global Base. And: GEN or GES do not make any difference. You might check similar threads on ORBX's P3Dv5 forum.

Regards, Fritz

I tried doing the lclookup.bgl.off thing, then verified the olc files and it works. Thanks ! 😄

There is also another thread at OrbX which you always schould take into account if you are updating P3D. Which says:

1. de-install P3D in the following order: - content, then scenery, then client and at least the Main app but don´t de-activate P3D

2. install the full P3D installer

3. Start P3D once and let it build the scenery database and indezies

4. De-install via OrbX scenery manager the global packages like Global base, vector, lybraries etc. and make a new re-install of those packages

5. Perform a file verification for all regions like Europe, England etc. (a syncronization is not enough)

Start P3D an let it rebuild the scenery database

Then everything schould be fine.

For the Airports is no specific handling needed as they should work as they are.

• Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

14 hours ago, BerndB said:

There is also another thread at OrbX which you always schould take into account if you are updating P3D. Which says:

1. de-install P3D in the following order: - content, then scenery, then client and at least the Main app but don´t de-activate P3D

2. install the full P3D installer

3. Start P3D once and let it build the scenery database and indezies

4. De-install via OrbX scenery manager the global packages like Global base, vector, lybraries etc. and make a new re-install of those packages

5. Perform a file verification for all regions like Europe, England etc. (a syncronization is not enough)

Start P3D an let it rebuild the scenery database

Then everything schould be fine.

For the Airports is no specific handling needed as they should work as they are.

Thanks, will try if OpenLC messes up again 😄

Apj

Also, are winter tiles normal during spring time? Not all, some of them 🙂

Some images attached, looks harmless and normal to me. is it though?

and OpenLC works FANTASTIC now!1BcbjKK.jpegqlGdcze.jpeg

zGzAPSz.jpg

I have the same problem after HF1 upgrade. 

• Like 1

7700K, RTX 2070S, 16 GB RAM, WQHD monitor

Go to Orbx Central and click on verify files for each of the products.  

• Like 1

Eric 

After that go into help section in settings and hit the sync sim button! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I did it after I upgraded. Will try again. Maybe I missed something.

• Like 1

7700K, RTX 2070S, 16 GB RAM, WQHD monitor

On 11/21/2020 at 1:23 AM, B777ER said:

Go to Orbx Central and click on verify files for each of the products.  

On 11/21/2020 at 1:42 AM, djbully said:

After that go into help section in settings and hit the sync sim button! 

didnt work earlier. i tried a billion times, for EACH of my orbx products. nope. instead, i have a fix for all of you:

1. Go to your Prepar3D vx folder > Scenery > BASE > Scenery
2. There should be a file called "lclookup.bgl" rename the extension that file to whatever you want (i named the extension "lclookup.bgl.disabledfortesting"
3. Go to your ORBX Central
4. Find your ORBX Libraries
5. Verify files. You should see that another file is generated (lclookup.bgl)
6. Restart your sim
7. Load into Munich (best place for testing, not mandatory)
8. DONE

^ Adding to my post, make the season Spring for optimal results 

Apj 🙂