Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

Thank you. Still so much to see, it's amazing. 

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I note that now that it's on flightsim.to their servers are overloaded! Coincidence? I think not.

• Like 1

Lol, GAIST v3 downloads have broke Flightsim.to

• Like 1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

8 hours ago, KL791 said:

Pictures and drawings will be very welcome. As I said she has been on my list for long, and as it is only sailing on the same lake it can even be included in our real time traffic as it is on the same altitude all the time. It would fit well, as the real time version will have most of the larger ferries in the US and Canada - most of the models are already included in the package release yesterday but will only be activated when we launch the real time injection tool as I didn't have time to program and test all the routes.

Henrik 

Henrik,

I'm assuming you're using AIS for real-time boat injection. How are you populating ports and marinas when boats turn off their AIS?

Thanks.

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

1 hour ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

Lol, GAIST v3 downloads have broke Flightsim.to

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

I note that now that it's on flightsim.to their servers are overloaded! Coincidence? I think not.

Yes, yes... we did it again 😄 it is becoming a habit when we launch.... But don't worry it is also available on flyawaysimulation:

AI Ships, Boats & Global Traffic for MSFS (flyawaysimulation.com)

4 minutes ago, N9718 said:

Henrik,

I'm assuming you're using AIS for real-time boat injection. How are you populating ports and marinas when boats turn off their AIS?

Thanks.

Yes, you are absolutely right. We have partnered with fleetmon.com for AIS data and if a boat turns off AIS it will not be visible. Also very small boats do usually not have AIS signal, so GAIST ULTRA Real Time will not be optimal to fill marinas. Nor to display navy ships, which mostly do not reveal their positions either. For the later we will keep a bgl back up with preprogrammed Navy traffic and for marinas there is Mamu Design, though we might see some conflicts between the two, but we still have to check that out. But to fill the seas in a realistic way it will be excellent 😄 😄 😄 Check out below the diversity of ships anchored on this screenshot from Singapore.

YOrlPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-162407.jpg

• Like 1

While I was responding with my sim on pause the sun went down and lights are coming on... In the background the lights of the runway as Singapore Changi... after all it is a flight simulator so I need to mention...

plslPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-164607.jpg

UlslPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-164850.jpg

2pslPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-165240.jpg

• Like 13

Installation question...

I can see all the regional routes so understand you can pick and mix which ones to use...but I also see a "gaist-ultra-v3" folder, what's that and does it always have to be present in the Community folder along with a region? 

EDIT: Ignore ^^ I downloaded from Flyaway but can see this on Flightsim.to

To install please unzip and drop the include files in your Community folder. You must as a minimum have the folder GAIST Ultra, which contains all ships, and one route package installed, but you can choose to have one or several route packages installed depending on where you fly. Ensure you traffic settings for Ships and Ferries are 5-10% to avoid conflicts with other AI ship traffic including default.

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

Henrik,

I notice on the AIS maps that there is boat traffic on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers. Is river traffic in the US and Europe also simulated in your program? If not, will it be once real-time injection is implemented?

Thanks again.

• Like 1

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

Orions belt appearing above the ships as night falls. 

TxslPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-170126.jpg

O8slPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-171006.jpg

Edited by KL791
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

Installation question...

I can see all the regional routes so understand you can pick and mix which ones to use...but I also see a "gaist-ultra-v3" folder, what's that and does it always have to be present in the Community folder along with a region? 

Yes, the gaist-ultra-v3 folder must always be present. It contains all the ships and effects. The regional folders only contain traffic files, so you should have the traffic folder or folders present for the area where you want to fly. 

1 minute ago, KL791 said:

Yes, the gaist-ultra-v3 folder must always be present. It contains all the ships and effects. The regional folders only contain traffic files, so you should have the traffic folder or folders present for the area where you want to fly. 

Thanks, I have a modest rig and can see from instructions the Ultra V3 base package has one route already, with only this installed will I see coverage globally anyway?  I'm concerned about loading all the other routes and effect on performance, of course I can load which routes I fly specifically anyway to reduce this.

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

2 minutes ago, N9718 said:

Henrik,

I notice on the AIS maps that there is boat traffic on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers. Is river traffic in the US and Europe also simulated in your program? If not, will it be once real-time injection is implemented?

Thanks again.

yes, there is some traffic but the further up the river you move the deeper the ships will stick in the water until they finally disappears. Same will be the case for the real time version untill Asobo fixes the bug which places all AI ships at ocean level 0 independently of the height of the mesh. Below a car carrier on the Mississipi South of New Orleans. This is from the current version - even if this still looks okay you might notice the ship sticking quite deep already.

lBslPb-Screenshot-2022-12-30-171504.jpg

6 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Thanks, I have a modest rig and can see from instructions the Ultra V3 base package has one route already, with only this installed will I see coverage globally anyway?  I'm concerned about loading all the other routes and effect on performance, of course I can load which routes I fly specifically anyway to reduce this.

No that is not correctly interpreted - there are no routes in the base package. You must install at least one regional folder, so choose the GAIST-Ultra-V3 + only the regional folder corresponding to the place where you want to fly. When you want to change to another region to fly uninstall the regional folder and install a new - it can be done easily with eg addon linker, or by drag and drop, but close your sim while you do changes to the community folder.