Sign in to follow this  
aldridgem

Hong Kong scenery - decisions, decisions

I thought I'd circle back and, now that I bought WFSS VHHH and installed, give my 'definitive' opinion. I definitely like it  a lot more than T2G's. It's more up-to-date, with the construction going on and I prefer the lighter textures. The PBR implementation is also very good. Also, performance for me is great! Meaning my VRAM usage never went over 4GB with the F22 (textures set to 1024 though). I'm hoping that Samscene will bring their Hong Kong scenery to P3D sometime so I can complete the city.

@cannow I have no issues with VHHH being under water.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 11/23/2020 at 3:06 PM, ljk811 said:

What do you mean “terrible”for WF‘s VHHH? The fselite ‘WF‘s VHHH VS T2G'VHHH’,he said "Something that bothered me is the ground clutter that seems randomly placed on the ramp in the T2G scenery. You would never ever see randomly parked vehicles on the ramp of the airport at Hong Kong. This can easily be seen on Google Earth, where everything is in line. The recreation of WFSS, as the screenshots render, is once again correct, as vehicles are positioned correctly in their respective markings"

I think he meant the way they looked. I don't remember noticing a specific difference. I use WFSS only now.

Guillaume

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 3900X at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 32 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 2080 TI OS : Win 10 PRO Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: HOTAS Warthog, Virtualfly TQ6, Saitek Rudder Pedals, VRInsight CDU II, Goflight MCP Pro, 2x Saitek Radios, 1x Saitek Multipanel, 1x Saitek Proflight Switch, Custom homecockpit.

On 11/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, Benjamin J said:

I thought I'd circle back and, now that I bought WFSS VHHH and installed, give my 'definitive' opinion. I definitely like it  a lot more than T2G's. It's more up-to-date, with the construction going on and I prefer the lighter textures. The PBR implementation is also very good. Also, performance for me is great! Meaning my VRAM usage never went over 4GB with the F22 (textures set to 1024 though). I'm hoping that Samscene will bring their Hong Kong scenery to P3D sometime so I can complete the city.

@cannow I have no issues with VHHH being under water.

Thanks for reporting back Benjamin. Glad you have a positive experience with this scenery.

I also purchased it too but havent installed it yet. Looking to this weekend try this out.

Edited by aldridgem
typo
  • Like 1

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5 HF2 & 4.5HF2 and sometimes FSX!

i7-8700K @4.5Ghz | MSI Z370 HD3 Tomahawk | MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor 8Gb |16Gb Corsair 3000Mhz DDR4 DRAM| Samsung EVO 850 500Gb Windows|WD Blue 1Tb SSD SATA disk | Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2Tb NMVe SSD disk | Asus 32" PB328Q 2560x1440 |beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler | beQuiet Silent Base 800 tower  beQuiet Pure Power 10 600W PSU

One more update. I decided to ask Samscene what’s up, and he seems to think that his Hong Kong will come out in December hopefully. So good times ahead! I just installed Samscene’s Singapore with IS’s WSSS and was struck by the good performance. So I’m pretty hopeful with regards to Hong Kong.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case