Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

Hong Kong scenery - decisions, decisions

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a Hong Kong (VHHH) airport scenery for P3D v5 and wondered if anyone had some thoughts, experiences on how the WF Scenery Studios scenery compares to the Taxi 2 Gate version?

Both were released in the April timeframe this year.

I don't have any experience with WF Scenery Studios so this would potentially be my first purchase. What is their quality of their work and support like?

From the screenshots, the detail appears to be better in the WF Scenery Studios depiction but you can't always tell at first glance.

Does either of the two have any glaring performance or texture issues?

Is it worth the extra money for the WF Scenery Studios version given the T2G version is on sale right now.?

thanks.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

13 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a Hong Kong (VHHH) airport scenery for P3D v5 and wondered if anyone had some thoughts, experiences on how the WF Scenery Studios scenery compares to the Taxi 2 Gate version?

Both were released in the April timeframe this year.

I don't have any experience with WF Scenery Studios so this would potentially be my first purchase. What is their quality of their work and support like?

From the screenshots, the detail appears to be better in the WF Scenery Studios depiction but you can't always tell at first glance.

Does either of the two have any glaring performance or texture issues?

Is it worth the extra money for the WF Scenery Studios version given the T2G version is on sale right now.?

thanks.

I have the T2G version and I like it a lot. Of course the WF version looks great also. However, since I had the FSX version of the T2G it was only $13 for the upgrade to P3dv5.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I have the T2G version, because that's all there was when it came it for v4. However, I have it on good authority that WFSS will have a 25% off sale for black Friday and that their VHHH will be part of it. I will 100% switch to WFSS because, comparing the screenshots, I believe WFSS's is vastly superior in almost every way - though I cannot assess performance of course because I don't have it yet! Which is not to say T2G is not good. I do really like it; I just think WFSS's version looks better.

There is also FlyTampa's rendition of the old Kai Tak, which is very nicely done, but I have elected to ditch it. I prefer a more up-to-date environment and will therefore get SamScene's Hong Kong whenever it comes out for P3D to represent the city of Hong Kong.

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Hehe Benjamin, the expert in asian airports and sceneries 😉

The old Kai Tak by FlyTampa is excellent. Problem is that the current AIRAC don't have SID/STAR for it anymore since the airport have been demised, so you would have to manually tweak files for the airliners FMC, etc. But there is guidance on how to do it on the net.

• Upvote 1

- TONY -

Hi,

I did an in depth comparison of both sceneries under V5

https://fselite.net/news/p3d-news/head-to-head-hong-kong-airport-vhhh-taxi2gate-and-wf-scenery-studio/

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Have FlyTampa VHHX for city scenery, padded out with extra buildings and ortho from Scenery On Demand's Dragoneye Hong Kong and use the old T2G scenery for VHHH. If WFSS does have a sale in the next week or so, I'll definitely get their version of VHHH - it would be rude not to give my version of H.K. an airport add-on that matches the quality of the rest of the city!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Tomorrow WF's VHHH will be sold at a discount. I personally think that WF's VHHH has better details and more friendly frames.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

Hi,

I did an in depth comparison of both sceneries under V5

https://fselite.net/news/p3d-news/head-to-head-hong-kong-airport-vhhh-taxi2gate-and-wf-scenery-studio/

Cheers

Hi Guillaume, Guys and Girls,

Thank you for all the comments. Appreciate the feedback and I did go read your review on FS Elite. Very nice comparison between the two versions.Somehow I missed that review in my web surfing. My bad.

With this in mind and the Sales coming, I am thinking of purchasing the WF version. Role on Black Friday! 😁

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Read that T2G version is kind of 'reheated cutlet' - quality not improved, lack of PBR and dynamic lightning, just added missing parts, if that is true then WF seems to be better choice.

Artur 

can only comment

WFS's airport ground clutter (vehicles etc) is frankly terrible compared with T2G's.

WFS's taxi signs are similarly hopeless

but then, i'm not interested in "candy tweaks"

for now, cheers

john martin

On 11/22/2020 at 11:23 AM, vadriver said:

WFS's airport ground clutter (vehicles etc) is frankly terrible compared with T2G's

Just purchased and haven't notice anything like that, generally looks pretty good to me

Artur 

On 11/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, vadriver said:

WFS's airport ground clutter (vehicles etc) is frankly terrible compared with T2G's.

What do you mean “terrible”for WF‘s VHHH? The fselite ‘WF‘s VHHH VS T2G'VHHH’,he said "Something that bothered me is the ground clutter that seems randomly placed on the ramp in the T2G scenery. You would never ever see randomly parked vehicles on the ramp of the airport at Hong Kong. This can easily be seen on Google Earth, where everything is in line. The recreation of WFSS, as the screenshots render, is once again correct, as vehicles are positioned correctly in their respective markings"

• Upvote 1

Just purchased it on sale. Many thanks for the tip about waiting.

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

anyone else having problem with vhhh underwater since last hotfix

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d