Sign in to follow this  
177B

Problem with FBW A320 AP after update 7

39 minutes ago, Hyperfocal said:

According to the FlyByWire Simulations Discord, there is a workaround for the autopilot banking issue when starting cold and dark. I haven't had a chance to try it out myself, but user reports sound promising.

Workaround:

1. Spawn Cold and Dark

2. when loaded in hit "esc" then "save" and name flight.

3. Immediately hit "load" and select flight.

4. It will reload then proceed as normal flight

That's not a workable solution since you cant change the weather settings after reloading a saved game, for some ridiculously stupid reason.

Sometimes the weather settings will be completely cleared after reloading, your flight will be clear skies, wind 270 at 3 and 29.92 on the altimeter.

I complained repeatedly about this stupidity on here, MS Forums, and Zendesk, but no one seems to care.

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

That's not a workable solution since you cant change the weather settings after reloading a saved game, for some ridiculously stupid reason.

Sometimes the weather settings will be completely cleared after reloading, your flight will be clear skies, wind 270 at 3 and 29.92 on the altimeter.

I complained repeatedly about this stupidity on here, MS Forums, and Zendesk, but no one seems to care.

Good point. I didn't think of that. It is still quite a limiting situation then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hyperfocal said:

Good point. I didn't think of that. It is still quite a limiting situation then.

You could start cold and dark, taxi to the runway, then exit, and then start a brand new flight on the runway.  That way you can change the weather settings then. But it just seems too stupid to have to do that in the first place. Unless a better workaround is discovered I wont be flying the A320.

I wouldn't care about not being able to changing the weather settings in a loaded flight if my dam weather settings conditions would stay the same!!!

Edited by NightOfDreams

Just tested the latest developer version of the A320 Fly-By-Wire (released today, 11/26/20) using a Cold & Dark start, and the autopilot worked for me now, whereas it didn't work before I downloaded their latest version.

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

There appears to be a potential solution to that. If you do the workaround, then go back to the main menu without shutting down the sim and redo your flight from scratch, the workaround fix seems to remain intact. (I assume that allows the weather settings to be changed.) Apparently, you can do subsequent flights as long as you don't completely shut down the sim.

Edited by Donstim

TEMPORARY SOLUTION:

Switch off FLT CTL: Elac1, Sec1and Fac1 on the left upper side of the overhead panel. 

Strange AP-behavior and banking right and left stops immediately. 

It works, at least, with the latest developer version for the FBW320.

LarsA that worked a320mod dev release stopped rocking back and forth immediately and following course without the offset. Now will it solve the C & D problem with the AP not following the plan from takeoff thats the 64 $ ?

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

On my way from EDDL to EKCH at the moment and everything works very well for me! 

3 minutes ago, LarsA said:

On my way from EDDL to EKCH at the moment and everything works very well for me! 

Will you be doing an ILS approach? That's where I ran into trouble.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Yeah same here inflight from kdfw to kphx definately going to do C & D with those controls turned off to see if the autopilot will work from takeoff. I Love curacoa by the way been there 4 times.

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

Im 200 miles out and will be doing an ils approach also

Just arrived: EKCH (Flytampa), 22R, ILS-approach without any problems. Of course, I had to enter the course and the frequency in the MCDU manually (Asobo bug), but the AP was working flawless - the first time after the recent update. If only the VNAV calculations could be fixed...! 

At gore54: Yes, Curacao is a nice place, but when you have to work here, it's not like a tourist..! 😉

Just landed also AP worked great with the ILS also.  Im sure living there is different but it is still a gem in the carribean gonna go try C and D